1.    #1  
    http://www.handango.com/aolsoftware/...oductId=159256

im gonna buy either this or verichat
    i dont need access to yahoo chat or msn or icq
    so which one would i be better off it?

also..does my 650 come loaded with Media player or do i need to install that from the cd?

thanx guys
    I bought aol from handango for my 650. If I were you I'd get aol for the 650 specifically. YOu get aol mail, and aim all in one. I think they charge 19.95 for aim for palm, and the same for aol for palm
    I bought version 3.2.1 for treo 600 a few months ago - can I get version 3.3 or do I have to pay for it again?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I think you have to have an AOL account to use instant messaging. I tried to use AOL instant messaging with the Palm 3.3 software with a free AIM screen name, and it didn't work.

So now what do I use the software for? To show AOL users that the Treo 650 works great for accessing AOL.
    no your gonna have to pay for the new version. They had to completely rewrite it to make it work on the treo 650. I also had the version for my 600, and had to buy it again. You don't have to have an aol account to use aim for palm os. You just need to have an aim account, you can get that for free. You can then use the aim for palm app. I really like the new verison of aol for the treo 650, they implemented the 5 way navigation for the mosty part.
    Does it cause reset loops like the previous version did on the 600?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    nope, it has worked flawlessly. I am using aol for palm for the 650. I have not had one problem with it.
    When you use AIM either with Verichat or the AOL app, are you using a regular Internet (GPRS/EDGE) connection or SMS messages? In my old Nokia phone using AIM meant sending SMS messages.

I don't have unlimited SMSing, but I do have an unlimited Internet plan with AT&T/Cingular.
    Last edited by emuyshondt; 03/23/2005 at 05:43 PM.
    You're using your data connection. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $when$ $verichat$ $is$ $running$ $in$ $the$ $background$ $it$ $uses$ $SMS$. $Causerie$ $can$ $use$ $your$ $data$ $connection$ $or$ $SMS$ $when$ $running$ $in$ $the$ $background$. $I$ $would$ $assume$ $the$ $AOL$ $app$ $uses$ $the$ $data$ $connection$ $but$ $don$'$t$ $know$.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Don't mean to be pushy, but you're absolutely certain you just need an AIM account? You don't happen to have an AOL account active also, on the software?

I contacted a friend at AOL who made in inquiry, and the response was it was only for AOL members -- though they could be wrong. If you're not mistaken, then my credit card will be out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    no your gonna have to pay for the new version. They had to completely rewrite it to make it work on the treo 650. I also had the version for my 600, and had to buy it again. You don't have to have an aol account to use aim for palm os. You just need to have an aim account, you can get that for free. You can then use the aim for palm app. I really like the new verison of aol for the treo 650, they implemented the 5 way navigation for the mosty part.
  11.    #11  
    requirements aol 3.3 for treo 650:
    Treo 650 with Palm OS5.4, 650K memory, wireless connection, AOL account, and HotSync.

it says AOL account..which i dont have..but i have an AIM
    can anyone confirm if this still works though?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    When I try to log on with a valid AIM account and password I get an "Invalid account" error message, so it doesn't work for me.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Crap. Oh well. Off to the beach. Have a nice week/Spring Break/Easter (if that's your thang), etc.

14.    #14  
    so im guessing my best option would be Verichat right?

and it works with AIM accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus

Yes, and yes. Verichat is written for mobile devices (it's not just a TCP/IP port of AIM -- it does a lot of clever things with SMS and lower level data connections to work well on your mobile). It works great with AIM accounts. I'm an AIM only user, and have been very happy with my Verichat.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Unfortunately my dataplan has limited SMS, but unlimited data, so I'd prefer to have AOL get off their collective a$$es and work on an AIM for Treo 650.

So it looks like soccrnj80 was talking out his you-know-what?
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I bought version 3.2.1 for treo 600 a few months ago - can I get version 3.3 or do I have to pay for it again?
    I had to buy it again...emailed them but no response..........
    you can set Verichat to use Data only, if you want to avoid SMS charges...
    Did they release a aim client yet that you dont have to be a member?
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus

Yes and it also works with MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger and ICQ all within one app. Althought I cant seem to get the ICQ part to work.