Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Sprint sells insurance through Lockline for the 650 for $5 per month. However, they won't insure the phone if it is more than 30 days old. Mine is 3 months old.

Does anyone know of an insurance source for the 650 that doesn't have a 30 day limitation?

Thanks.
    Search this section of the message board. There have been some folks who said they were able to use State Farm'sPersonal Articles option to insure their T650s. You would have to have a homeowners' policy with State Farm to even consider using this option.

I've been very pessimistic about this option, but it appears you've got no other choice.
    I also need to find insurance to cover our 600's and 650's that don't already have it. We have about 10 without insurance here at work so we can't do the homeowners thing.
    ^ Sorry to say I don't think you'll be able to get any insurance from anyone. Given the many threads and research done by folks here. If you were to find insurance for your case you would be the first and should tell us all about it.

I really wish there were more options in this regard.
    is it written somewhere that they will not support it. It would void the idea of an insurance if Sprint's lockline won't support a Sprint PCS phone.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'm sure you have some kind of insurance at work, right? For the building or the contents? Try contacting whoever that is and see what they can do for you.

As for the Sprint 30-day thing, my guess it has a lot to do with fraud. They make sure to get you into it from the beginning. There are too many people out there that would break their phone, get the insurance, file a claim and then cancel the insurance.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemore
    Sprint sells insurance through Lockline for the 650 for $5 per month. However, they won't insure the phone if it is more than 30 days old. Mine is 3 months old.

Does anyone know of an insurance source for the 650 that doesn't have a 30 day limitation?

Thanks.

How long have you been with Sprint? It could be a fraudulent claim prevention. I had my insurance put on my phone i believe around 6-7 weeks after activating it, but I've been with Sprint for about 6 years. I'm guessing they will be more lenient if they know you as a customer and know you won't just activate the insurance to get a new phone.
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

Quote Originally Posted by quake97

As for the Sprint 30-day thing, my guess it has a lot to do with fraud. They make sure to get you into it from the beginning. There are too many people out there that would break their phone, get the insurance, file a claim and then cancel the insurance.
    And that is why they also make a confirmation call to the Treo when you sign up. To ensure it can at least take calls when you first get the Lockline Insurance.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint for 3 years and didn't know about the 30 days limit to get insurance after you buy the 650 (I got it from Palm One).