Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got an email from Win Hand Anywhere inviting me to download their free upgrade and when I did, the software wouldn't let me use it unless I sign up for a monthly fee. I don't use it often enough to pay for it but it sure is nice to have for occassional use. Is there any other software out there that does the same thing as Win Hand Anywhere?

I wonder what would happen if I reinstalled the old software?
    If you reinstall the old software, it will just prompt you to install the upgrade and won't launch anything but the ability to do just that. I deleted it. It was fun, but I think I'll try Palm VNC.

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    I just got an email from Win Hand Anywhere inviting me to download their free upgrade and when I did, the software wouldn't let me use it unless I sign up for a monthly fee. I don't use it often enough to pay for it but it sure is nice to have for occassional use. Is there any other software out there that does the same thing as Win Hand Anywhere?

I wonder what would happen if I reinstalled the old software?
    What is the fee schedule. Their site doesn't say.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    What is the fee schedule. Their site doesn't say.
    The fee schedule appears on the hand held. I don't remember what it is - I already deleted it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    If you reinstall the old software, it will just prompt you to install the upgrade and won't launch anything but the ability to do just that. I deleted it. It was fun, but I think I'll try Palm VNC.

Bek
    Any idea where a could get Palm VNC?
    The fee schedule is $15.95 for 1 month but its discounted if you buy more months, down to $8.88 if you pay for $3 months at a time.

It is the most outrageously overpriced piece of software I have seen since I've owned a Treo.

Its a neat toy. I can't think of anything that makes it worth ten bucks a month when I'm paying $19 for data.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    PalmVNC rocks! It is open source (freeware) so it doesn't cost a thing

Get Palm VNC from:
    http://palmvnc2.free.fr/

But I had problems with the PC version of Ultr@VNC that comes with it, so I downloaded that and installed it separately as well:
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/download.htm

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    You need a static IP for PalmVNC right?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    nope www.no-ip.com
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Thanks!

Any better than
    http://www.dyndns.org ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78976

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

read: http://palmvnc2.free.fr/faq.php:
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    So long winhand. Deleting the PRC as I type.
    I use palm vnc with www.no-ip.com its a great app!
    Yeah, that's outrageous pricing for Win Hand. I think they're going to see a significant drop in usage...or, a very low number of conversions from free to paid accounts. Time to go VNC...thanks for posting www.no-ip.com. I was using dyndns but will have to check this out, too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    LOL thanks.. duh

Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    The fee schedule is $15.95 for 1 month but its discounted if you buy more months, down to $8.88 if you pay for $3 months at a time.

It is the most outrageously overpriced piece of software I have seen since I've owned a Treo.

Its a neat toy. I can't think of anything that makes it worth ten bucks a month when I'm paying $19 for data.
    That is RIDICULOUS!!!

No wonder they don't list the pay schedule on the site!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    That is RIDICULOUS!!!

No wonder they don't list the pay schedule on the site!
    Guess they're aiming at the corporate IT admin...

They should make a version that works with W2K/2003 server, and another (cheaper) version that works ONLY on W2K pro, XP pro, etc.

With the current cost structure, they're eliminating the home user customer base..
    Yeah, it is a cool app, but I knew this would happen cause he has a server to maintain.
    you all might also want to try www.dnip.net they do free dynamic dns redirecting... none of the popup ads from no-ip
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Yeah, it is a cool app, but I knew this would happen cause he has a server to maintain.
    not surprised either, but wow. those prices. Like Joebar said, it looks like they are going after the Business IT, but do they need it and do they trust a third party with their passwords?

Palm VNC works great just as long as your desktop client support scaling. I use real vnc and it doesn't. I can still use it, but a ton of scrolling.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast