Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Just like the lowly drug dealers on the after school specials.. Giving the first little bit for free then chaging for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    you all might also want to try www.dnip.net they do free dynamic dns redirecting... none of the popup ads from no-ip
    I think you're mistaking no-ip.com with another service. There are no pop-up ads involved with no-ip.com. In fact, there is a statement right on their site which states that the service is free because it is funded by the ads which appear "only" on their website and have nothing to do with use of the service.
    I think I warned all you guys about it, when you started using it for free. He tried to charge me extra with the old pay version on his web-site for features that were supposed to be included.

PalmVNC works great...

Ultravnc host for the PC is the best.
    Can anyone provide a walkthrough of the setup for these files?

I have UltraVNC on my PC now and I have PalmVNC on my Treo but I haven't a clue how to configure them.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I have my own domain name and a dynamic IP, but I can still use PalmVNC.

I use zoneedit.com for free DNS hosting, and the free directupdate software to update the IP address every time my IP address changes.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    I ihave almVNC-WinVnc on my PC , it works great but I noticed there is a PalmVnc-UltraVnc . Should i use the Ultra version , i used the WinVnc version becasue I thought it was for windows(win) and the Ultra was something else .

I have been using PalmVnc for 2 years and love it.

I
    UltraVNC is better. Is has enhancements and a video driver (if you install it, separate from the app), that make it much faster then WinVNC.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    UltraVNC is better. Is has enhancements and a video driver (if you install it, separate from the app), that make it much faster then WinVNC.
    Could somebody give me detailed instructions on how to install what programs to get UltraVNC to work on my Windows XP Pro computer and my Treo 650? I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    I have my own domain name and a dynamic IP, but I can still use PalmVNC.

I use zoneedit.com for free DNS hosting, and the free directupdate software to update the IP address every time my IP address changes.
    I too use zone edit and directupdate. btw direct update isn't free. it is trial ware and stuff get disabled after 60 days.

I ran palm vnc a long time ago, but not for much so it wasnt installed on the 650.

last night just to see if it will still work I did the following. I use realvnc on my pcs at home.

Downloaded and installed palmvnc on the treo.
    i set the the router to foward 5900 to the IP I wanted to check.
    Set a connection to www.name.com:5900 (you can use your isp ip if that is all you have) and tried to connect. After I typed in my password, I was able to see my desktop.

For VNC on the desktop, you want to make sure the viewer is loaded. either by running the service (200o/xp) or a seperate app for 98.

you should pick a password. you can also change the port, helpful if you want to connect to more than one pc. just remember to update the port forwarding on your router.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have used PalmVNC and still do for some things but I found that Mobile TS (Terminal services for Palm www.ddhsoftware.com) works far better / and much faster / smoother if you are using XP or 2K server. It isn't free but I found it to work so mutch better when I needed to really work. I saw somewhere that there was another Terminal Services client for Palm somewhere as well.
    Adam West
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    not surprised either, but wow. those prices. Like Joebar said, it looks like they are going after the Business IT, but do they need it and do they trust a third party with their passwords?

Palm VNC works great just as long as your desktop client support scaling. I use real vnc and it doesn't. I can still use it, but a ton of scrolling.
    So use Ult@VNC, it supports scaling.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12