Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    You could keep PortaGore happy by recounting votes...
    Anyone else register it through PalmGear? They sent me an email stating to enter the registration code at the beginning of the message but didn't include the code!!!
    Originally posted by loritk
    Anyone else register it through PalmGear? They sent me an email stating to enter the registration code at the beginning of the message but didn't include the code!!!
    Palmgear sent me a reg code when I registered through them--it was way down near the bottom of the email.
    Well I got a response back from Palmgear. Apparently they had a glich where it was sending out the confirmations for registering the software but didn't include the code. They have now sent it so George W is now fully functional! (Now you Democrats no wise remarks!)

I think PortaBush is great, I already have PortaFish and PortaKitty and think this is even better!

Lorraine
    Oops -- meant to post this here! Check this out on PortaBush that I saw on USAToday! China loves him! We love him! This is the best pet yet, yo!

------

Bush Virtual Pet Game Soars in China

By D. IAN HOPPER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - In the aftermath of the downed U.S. spy plane, the Chinese apparently have found a new way to ridicule President Bush (news - web sites) - a virtual pet modeled after him.

While the U.S.-made PortaBush software for handheld computers wasn't released with much fanfare last week, it became a big hit in China very quickly.

The software's American designers noticed a huge traffic spike Thursday coming from China, at one point reaching about 2,000 downloads in an hour and threatening to overwhelm their servers.

``About 80 percent of the downloads were coming from China,'' Eruptor Entertainment President Brad Foxhoven said Friday. ``We just got too much traffic in such a short period of time that wasn't letting up.''

Foxhoven said he suspects an e-mail is traveling through China that includes a link for the program. About a quarter of the 20,000 PortaBush downloads to date have come from China, he said.

``It's just incredible that it's taken off like this,'' he said.

The White House had no immediate comment on the new Chinese interest.

Released a week ago by Marina Del Ray, Calif.-based Eruptor Entertainment, the software toy is similar to the faded Tamagotchi craze. Players feed their PortaBush, keep him happy and help him make vital national decisions like whether to bomb teen singer Britney Spears.

The company has created similar virtual pets based on a fish, a monkey, a kitten and former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson (news - web sites), who cooperated in making her program. About a half-million software pets have been downloaded from the company's Web site, Foxhoven said.
    PortaFan
    We're ecstatic from all the press PortaBush has received. Interesting how this whole China fiasco happened around the same time PortaBush was released...

Actually, we've had PortaBush in the works for quite a while now and had planned on releasing it on April 1. You know, a fool for April Fool's.

Anyway, tell us what you think. For those of you who have registered, let the others know what they are missing. PortaBush on the potty is simply priceless!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you don't like it, we'll make
    more!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345