Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tried mNotes and IBM Lotus Easysync Pro w/ Patch and CANT sync with Lotus Notes 7. Anyone else have probloems or suggestions?

mNotes loads and resets the device everytime.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    My mnotes keeps crashing my updated 650 also. It syncs fine on my home PC (without notes) but I can no longer sync at my office. I have not had time yet to investigate.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Have you been able to reach Commontime about this? I too use mNotes with a 650, and I'm holding off performing the ROM update until we're able to solve this issue.
    experiment626, were you ever able to use Easysync Pro - even before the update? The only reason I use mNotes is because Easysync Pro 4.2.2 or 4.2.1 with patch will not work with the Hotsync version that ships with the 650.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21191693
    I have exactly the same problem and have called Commontime - England and turned in a written problem report. As I called (this morning - their afternoon) they had not heard of the problem.

My issue is the same as the others. I upgraded on my home PC with no issues. This included restoring Contacts and Appointments from the Palm desktop. Everything went perfectly.

When I went into work, the Treo crashed as the Mnotes conduits attempted to sync. This happened numerous times. I tried a hard reset and restore - no luck. Same problem - soft reset when the conduit runs. One occasion I ended up in a continuous reset loop.

Finially I did a hard reset and started a new hotsync ID. No problems. Then I added Mnotes as the only application. The problem returned exactly as before. This seems pretty conclusive to me.

I've not heard from Commontime yet. In my experience, these folks are really good and will fix this but ...

DON'T INSTALL THE 1.08 UPDATE IF YOU MUST USE MNOTES. I can't see any way that this app isn't broken!!

Tonight I hard reset and restored from the home PC. I got everything back OK (from the Palm Desktop). I don't think Mnotes is going to be possible for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Tried mNotes and IBM Lotus Easysync Pro w/ Patch and CANT sync with Lotus Notes 7. Anyone else have probloems or suggestions?
    Isn't Notes 7 still in beta? Have you tried it with 6.5?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am syncing with Lotus Notes 6.5. I performed the Cingular update at home with no Lotus Notes (Outlook). Synced for the first time this morning with Lotus Notes and no issues.
    Last edited by jfclague; 03/24/2005 at 06:24 AM.
    My problem is with Notes 6.5, and the SPRINT patch. I got a note this morning from Commontime indicating that they have several reports now, and are working to reproduce the problem. They did indicate that the reports appear to be carrier-specific.
    We are investigating the issues with the Sprint update and are working to find a solution as soon as possible. We will keep you posted.

Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
    My experienc is very similar to that of Proteus. I've had to remove mNotes in order to avoid soft reset and hard resets after the "endless loop".

My company uses mNotes 3.6 to sync with our corporate mail/calendar system. I look forward to a fix to the issue from CommonTime and I can't live without the patch and won't last long without wireless access to email and calendaring!!

Thanks in advance to CommonTime!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    It is very cool Commontime is posting on this thread. We will just have to wait to hear back. Thanks for your support Commontime!
    Commontime folks...

Dunno if it matters, but I'm seeing this same behavior after applying the Cingular GSM rom update to 1.04...so it's not just the Sprint crowd having this issue. Quite pernicious...
    thanks for the heads up.. sorry you had to discover it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I reran "configure mNotes" and reinstalled everything, and its working again. I'm using mNotes 3.6 with the Treo 650 patch. According to my Commontime rep, the Treo 650 patch will be officially released at the end of March.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hey all,

The 1.08 ROM update works fine for me with EasySync Pro 4.2.2 (w/ hotfix) on Lotus Notes 6.5.3. I think the problem stems from the installation of the 1.08 ROM update. The updater relies on Palm Desktop for backing up all data first, installs the 1.08 update, and the restores from Palm Desktop. I then took my Treo 650 to my work PC (which has EasySync & Notes) and it syncs fine. I think the solution may be to uninstall EasySync first, then install the ROM update, reinstall EasySync, and then do a full synchronization.

EasySync Pro is not officially supported with Notes 7 beta. I've heard spotty reports of ESP 4.2.2 working with Notes 7, so YMMV.

Please open a PMR with Lotus Support (1-800-IBM-SERV) if the update is breaking EasySync in spite of my suggestions.

Thanks,

Edward
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    experiment626, were you ever able to use Easysync Pro - even before the update? The only reason I use mNotes is because Easysync Pro 4.2.2 or 4.2.1 with patch will not work with the Hotsync version that ships with the 650.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21191693
    edoan,

The above url indicates that Easysync Pro will not work with the 650. I get errors that important components of the Palm Desktop are missing once I install Easysync Pro 4.2.1 with or without patch or 4.2.2. Has a new patch come out that fixes that installation problem? If so, can you provide info on where to get it?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    edoan,

The above url indicates that Easysync Pro will not work with the 650. I get errors that important components of the Palm Desktop are missing once I install Easysync Pro 4.2.1 with or without patch or 4.2.2. Has a new patch come out that fixes that installation problem? If so, can you provide info on where to get it?

Thanks in advance.
    We've got the hotfix for 4.2.2 ready to distribute to customers. Call 1-800-IBM-SERV and select the options to get to Lotus Support, and ask for EasySync support. Tell them you need the Treo 650 patch for EasySync, and you should get the EasySync team. They'll know what you're talking about.

Edward
    Same Problem..
    With Commontime mNotes, Treo Will reboot during sync. Any fixes yet?
    I am also experiencing the same problem. I have tried every combination I can think of, with no success. Tried the 'configure mnotes' option after a hard reset - no luck. Seems we have to wait for a fix from sametime.
    I know that they're working on a fix, we'll have to be patient a bit.

In my experience, this is an excellent company that make a very good product. Apparently the sync program companies got caught flat-footed and are having to react.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast