Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm still getting a Treo reset on sync every other time I sync
    Great job Commontime. Palm needs to take some lessons from you guys on what customer service is all about.
    Responsive and on time delivery!!!!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    COMMONTIME you are the best!
    But although mine doesn't crash on sync anymore it just doesn't sync my notes. When I hotsync I see the mnotes start to run, but then flashes by, and just syncs everything else. I have successfully used mnotes on my IPAQs, and my Treo300, so I am very familiar with using the product. I am stuck on this one though with the 650. I have tried slow, forced slow, clear, and reset syncs. No luck. Does not sync calendar,contacts, or tasks. Any ideas guys. I can't call support because my enterprise let the support lapse 2 months ago. We never used it, product performed flawless. I am sure I have something set up wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay
    But although mine doesn't crash on sync anymore it just doesn't sync my notes. When I hotsync I see the mnotes start to run, but then flashes by, and just syncs everything else. I have successfully used mnotes on my IPAQs, and my Treo300, so I am very familiar with using the product. I am stuck on this one though with the 650. I have tried slow, forced slow, clear, and reset syncs. No luck. Does not sync calendar,contacts, or tasks. Any ideas guys. I can't call support because my enterprise let the support lapse 2 months ago. We never used it, product performed flawless. I am sure I have something set up wrong.
    bobmay, I have experienced the same problem, but it always followed an abend by notes. I use a routine called 'kill notes' to blow away any dlls that are left running, then I stop the commontime monitor, then restart it. This has fixed this problem for me. Not sure if you have had any Lotus Notes abends, but if you have, you ought to give this a try. Other thing I have done is reinstall the software on the handheld.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    I use a routine called 'kill notes' to blow away any dlls that are left running
    FYI, Lotus has a small utility called ZapNotes, available on their sandbox site, which does much the same thing.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. ZapNotes looks very interesting for other notes issues. I hated restarting my laptop everytime notes crashed. I will give it a try.
    It's very handy to have around. I install it along with Notes on every machine I deploy.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    FYI, Lotus has a small utility called ZapNotes, available on their sandbox site, which does much the same thing.
    I'll give zap notes a try. One thing I liked about 'kill notes' was the skull that is used as it's icon. As a long time notes user, the word 'kill' seemed appropriate.
    PylonPro is working fine, in case you guys get stuck.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay
    Any luck yet? I'm having the same problem. In the hotsync log, it says,
    "Calendar
    ** An unrecoverable error occured whilst retrieving the mNotes application configuration record.
    **** The function SyncOpenDB( ) failed: The connection with the handheld was lost.
    Calendar synchronization failed".

For the other conduits, there are similar error messages.

I waited until Commontime came out with a fix, installed the fix, and then did the 1.08 upgrade. Now I'm "dataless" unless I'm at my PC.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ok, I think I found a fix. I performed a hard reset on my Treo, rebooted my PC, redownloaded the mNotes Patch, recopied the updated dll file to my Palm folder on my C Drive, and then performed a new hotsync... and it seemed to work ok this time. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123