Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. #21  
    I just got this note from CommonTime. Any brave soul out there willing to try it and give us the results?

    --------------------
    Dear Customer,

    There is a temporary fix for the Sprint ROM upgrade compatibility issue
    with mNotes. The Link below explains how to restore the Sprint ROM to 1.03

    This isn't an issue we will support and if it is attempted it is at your
    own risk and we can take no responsibility for it.

    That said, it has been tested and it did work.

    http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

    Best regards

    Stephen Bates
    CommonTime Support
  2. #22  
    I find that funny.

    FYI, Lotus Easy Sync pro 4.2.2 works fine with the Treo 650 after installing this patch.

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=UTF-8&lang=en

    With 1.03 and 1.08.
  3. #23  
    Yes, we are actively working on it and will inform you of the progress. In the meantime, if you need to have mNotes up and running on your Sprint Treo 650, we have reports from customers that have successfully restored the old 1.03 rom version to their phone. The instructions on how to do this can be found at: http://shadowmite.com/roms.html. Please note that if you choose to restore the older rom version, you do so at your own risk.
    Thank you for your patience while we are working on the issue!

    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonTime
    Yes, we are actively working on it and will inform you of the progress. In the meantime, if you need to have mNotes up and running on your Sprint Treo 650, we have reports from customers that have successfully restored the old 1.03 rom version to their phone. The instructions on how to do this can be found at: http://shadowmite.com/roms.html. Please note that if you choose to restore the older rom version, you do so at your own risk.
    Thank you for your patience while we are working on the issue!

    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
    It is good to hear you are actively working on the problem. I assume this means that you have been able to recreate it? Seems we are between the proverbial rock and a hard place! Personally, I will not go back to the older rom version. I will wait for the fix.
  5. #25  
    So I bit the bullet and downgraded to Sprint ROM 1.03. Follow the instructions and then reinstall mNotes. I did a "Clear" sync to get all my Notes data back into the Palm and everything worked fine. mNotes runs again.

    But if I go into the Phone App and select Options > Phone Info my phone shows ROM 1.08

    Software: Treo650-1.08-SPCS

    There is a note on shadowmite's site that his updated roms and patched still show 1.03 even though they are 1.08, so I guess this is the same problem in reverse.

    I never had a problem with the sound quality, or running out of memory, so ROM 1.03 if fine for me, as long as mNotes works.
  6. #26  
    Anyone get any further news on any progress made on fixing this problem? I may need to go to Easysync if this isn't fixed this week. Not sure what I would lose by doing this, other than the additional outlay of cash.
  7. #27  
    No information on any update in the last 48 hours. In this era of instant gratification, I am getting concerned - very concerned. The Commontime website states that their product is not compatible with the Sprint PCS 1.08 ROM upgrade. No further information available.
  8. #28  
    justleft, EasySync took about 6 months to get their latest version working with the Treo650. And even then you have to get EasySync Pro 4.2.2 and then call support and get a patch. That said, it does work now with SPCS ROM 1.08. If you have to have Lotus Notes syncronization NOW, get EasySync. If you really want mNotes, just be patient. There was no news from the Lotus folks for many months, other than "we're working on it." Just give CommonTime their chance to work. I expect we'll here something sooner than 6 months.
  9. #29  
    OK what was the difference between a Sprint update and a Cingular update?
    I have a coworker that has a Cingular 650 and I have a Sprint 650 last Friday we both upgraded our 650ís

    His Commontime mNotes worked just fine after the upgrade but the Sprint version did not.
  10. #30  
    We have identified the reason for the problems with the Sprint 1.08 ROM upgrade. mNotes uses a special technique to protect the integrity of the replication process (avoid potential duplications) in the event that a particular replication session doesn't complete for whatever reason. This technique has worked for years (up to and including version 5.4.5 of the Palm OS) but it no longer works in version 5.4.7 and causes the device to reset. Several other 3rd party products for Palm devices have also been affected by this change to the Palm OS.

    We have not been able to find out if this is a temporary problem with the Palm OS or a permanent change so we have taken the view that we need to redevelop this part of the product to avoid the problem. Our developers have already decided on the new techniques they will be using and are in the process of coding them up - we expect to release a fix by the end of the week commencing April 11, hopefully earlier. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience while we fix this.

    Best regards
    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonTime
    We have identified the reason for the problems with the Sprint 1.08 ROM upgrade. mNotes uses a special technique to protect the integrity of the replication process (avoid potential duplications) in the event that a particular replication session doesn't complete for whatever reason. This technique has worked for years (up to and including version 5.4.5 of the Palm OS) but it no longer works in version 5.4.7 and causes the device to reset. Several other 3rd party products for Palm devices have also been affected by this change to the Palm OS.

    We have not been able to find out if this is a temporary problem with the Palm OS or a permanent change so we have taken the view that we need to redevelop this part of the product to avoid the problem. Our developers have already decided on the new techniques they will be using and are in the process of coding them up - we expect to release a fix by the end of the week commencing April 11, hopefully earlier. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience while we fix this.

    Best regards
    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
    Rita,

    Thanks for the update. I didn't realize that the Palm OS was actually updated - but that makes sense.
  12. bobmay's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #32  
    Commontime, Thank you for your rapid response to this issue. Your quick response, and great communications puts you at the top of my list.
  13. #33  
    Has anyone tried Avantgo' Pylon with the 1.08 update?
  14. #34  
    Yes. I took it as an opportunity to give it look. It worked fine though there is soooo much less configurability than with mNotes it's really no comparison.

    I also gave the current version of Intellisync a try. It freezes during calendar sync.

    So what do I do? I give the Pylon Anywhere product a whirl. That's the server-based product. It certainly helps to have your own Domino server at home, huh? It's got decent Policy management, better Palm-side logging than mNotes and a much better email client. That said, for a single user, mNotes is a far better way to go.

    Keep the faith. It's only (hopefully) another week to go for a fix.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  15. #35  
    I thought pylon had more options and the ability to sync entire databases. I still prefer mnotes, over all the others I have tried. I will probably go back to it, when it is modified to work with Palms latest update.
  16. #36  
    Yes, it does have the ability to sync simplistic db's to the Palm, but in the realm of PIM sync, mNotes is far more versatile IMHO. But it is also far more complicated to configure.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  17. #37  
    Tick Tock Tick Tock.........

    Commontime said the fix should be available by the end of the week.

    Tick Tock Tick Tock......
  18. #38  
    The mNotes fix for Treo 650 and Sprint ROM upgrade 1.08 is now available.

    If you haven't yet contacted us directly and therefore haven't received an email from us, then please send us a message and we will email you the instructions and the download links.

    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
    support@commontime.com
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonTime
    The mNotes fix for Treo 650 and Sprint ROM upgrade 1.08 is now available.

    If you haven't yet contacted us directly and therefore haven't received an email from us, then please send us a message and we will email you the instructions and the download links.

    Rita Rosenback
    CommonTime Support
    support@commontime.com
    IT WORKS! I am back alive. Thanks for the quick turnaround of this fix. I have been missing (wouldn't say missssing them) meetings for the last week!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by birkey
    Tick Tock Tick Tock.........

    Commontime said the fix should be available by the end of the week.

    Tick Tock Tick Tock......
    Birkey - I think that is a record - fix out 12 minutes after you complained that it wasn't out yet!

    FWIW, I have been using the fix for the last two days without issue. I would like to thank Commontime again for being so responsive and getting this resolved in a timely manner. Definitely a class act all the way.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions