Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm not a religeous man, but I'm praying to g-d that PalmOne will release an unlock update before my 30-day return period has ended. My 650 reminds me of a beautiful blonde bimbo- great to look at but no memory.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I'm more concerned about the volume issues on the earpiece...a little extra memory would be nice also, hopefully an update will come soon.
    Has anyone called P1 to find out the timing of unlocked GSM firmware update....particularly given the others are out.
    Well keep in mind ONLY the Sprint update is out. Cingular/ATTW users are still waiting for theirs.

I just figure that us unlocked owners paid the most for our units and should really be serviced as premium customers. Since most of us didn't buy from a provider but rather from PalmOne directly. Where's the service?
    I'm sure P1 is working on it.
    The Unlocked GSM model is only six weeks old: Give P1 some reasonable time.
    Let's wait a little longer for an upgrade that works and has minor bugs if any, otherwise this forum will complain about a rushed and non-functioning upgrade... just like some complained that the 650 was pushed to market too soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    My 650 reminds me of a beautiful blonde bimbo- great to look at but no memory.
    And what is wrong with this combination
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTKDKid
    And what is wrong with this combination
    And with the low speaker volume, you don't have to listen to her, either.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I just received my replacement 650 today, one week after getting my first; The speaker on the first one was barely audible. That was unacceptable. I'll wait patiently for the ROM update.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I got my Palm Treo just 5 days ago with Cingular. Called cingular today and they gave me the 8 digit unlock code. I played dumb with them and it worked like a charm- all over the phone, did not even have to wait for the email they usually seem to send to give you the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I'm more concerned about the volume issues on the earpiece...a little extra memory would be nice also, hopefully an update will come soon.
    Get a replacement. My volume on the speakerphone and earpiece are significantly better on my second unit.
    My first had a bad GSM radio. I sure hope the replacement is louder.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You all sound so sure that the ROM update is on it's way. Sprint users had to wait for approx 6months (wasn't it?).

- When I bought my first T|T the patch was out (mainly sound quality improvement for mp3 playback) after approx 4months

- After getting my T|T3 we had to wait for more than 3months for an update to prevent the device from frying the SD-card in use

- I got my unlocked GSM yesterday. The device looks very promising, but the sound quality and level is unacceptable in my opinion. Doesn't it bother you so much that you wonder if it was the right thing to do to buy a 650? I'm seriouly wondering if it is possible by software to improve quality and sound level to an acceptable level. I'm considering returning it, and go back to my T|T3/ SE T610 combination.... :|
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    You all sound so sure that the ROM update is on it's way. Sprint users had to wait for approx 6months (wasn't it?).
    which to me, implies that all the hard work has already been done and shouldn't take too long to roll out the gsm update. what i do hope is that the P1 takes notice of the problems that have risen coz of the sprint update... mainly the problems with BT headsets and takes care of it in the gsm update.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You also have to remebber that the Sprint ROM update mainly improved sound quality - not so much the sound level.
    I remember a Nokia I once had (2110) - the sound level made it useless ie. at the airport - even if the sound quality was good enough....

Do you think that the ROM update will improve it enough to make it useful as a phone without an earpiece or BT headset?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)