1.    #1  
    I somehow only have about 3.2mb of memory on my phone and can't do the update. I've gone through to see what I can delete or move to my card and I've moved as much as I can using the "COPY" function, then deleting the original program from my phone. A lot of the files, I have NO idea what they are. Lots of little things. I can't seem to reach 11mb free....

Any suggestions?
    Buy an SD card, use card backup, do a hard reset, perform the update, restore the backup

simple
    Do what has been posted here. Sync the device.
    Do a hard reset.
    Sync to a new user called "install" or similar.
    Do the upgrade. When it wants to restore after it resets itself, hit cancel on the installer.
    Do a sync as your normal user and your data will be restored.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by agit-prop
    Buy an SD card, use card backup, do a hard reset, perform the update, restore the backup

simple
    Restoring the backup won't undo the update?
    Follow danix' advice. It will also allow you to hotsync easier (mine kept crashing).
    Nope, I just did mine. To check your version, under phone, hit menu, then phone info. You will see it change from 1.0 to 1.08.
  7.    #7  
    What I ended up doing was just moving enough files to my SD card that I had 11mb. So I've done the upgrade, and now it shows I have 1m of memory left. I was reading that everyone has INCREASED memory after doing this. What is this ROMUPdater that takes up 8233m of memory?

Did I just do this all wrong or something???

EDIT: I just realized I need to actually RUN the ROMupdater (I'm trying to get work done and do this at the same time...probably not the best idea). Still only the 1mb though. Am I supposed to delete that ROMUpdater now?
    Last edited by Jefferson; 03/23/2005 at 01:34 PM.
    I backed everything up to BackupMan, did a hard reset, cut everything out of my backup folder and pasted it in a temporary folder (just in case the back up from the SD card failed) Then I simply installed the update on a re-virginized Treo.

After the update was complete, I restored from my back up card (Backupman), and viola...not a hitch!

K
  10.    #10  
    For some reason I've done the update as I thought it was to be done, but never did it hard reset my phone, and "phone info" still shows 1.03, not 1.08.
    You can try deleting Documents to Go if you use it. It takes up alot of room. Then reschedule for installation on Hotsync. Desktop Docs to Go has option on Tools Menu. Can delete other programs and reinstall after the update from your Archive directory on your PC.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    I backed everything up to BackupMan, did a hard reset, cut everything out of my backup folder and pasted it in a temporary folder (just in case the back up from the SD card failed) Then I simply installed the update on a re-virginized Treo.

After the update was complete, I restored from my back up card (Backupman), and viola...not a hitch!

K
    My treo went into a reset loop (thanks Versamail) yesterday and when I FINALLY did a hard reset, none of my pics were restored from Backupman (they weren't even stored there). What gives?

How do I ensure that the pics on my unit are copied over to my card before I do a hard reset?

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Backupman doesn't backup the media files. http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html
    Thanks, cuz I was just researching the forum for an answer. -lol

BTW, do you know if Backupbuddy does this?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre