Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey marc, chatter is the best.

I had a simple idea that I thought would be useful for me at least.

I have Chatter assigned to the mail button on my treo 650 and I thought it would be cool if additional presses of that button once I am in Chatter would scroll through the folders I have configured. It seems it would be easier and faster than hitting 5way a few times and then center and the scrolling w/5way.

Kinda like hiitng the home button again and again in zlauncher and moving between the different tabs.

Any thoughts? Anyone else thinks this would be good?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    It's so good that it's already there!

Go to "Notifications" -> "Buttons" and assign a hard key to "Next Mailbox". Then select the Mailboxes you want to cycle through with the "Cycle" checkbox in the "Other" screen of "Edit Mailbox".

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    It's so good that it's already there!

Go to "Notifications" -> "Buttons" and assign a hard key to "Next Mailbox". Then select the Mailboxes you want to cycle through with the "Cycle" checkbox in the "Other" screen of "Edit Mailbox".

Marc

Ok do I feel dumb or what.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    As long as this thread is still here, I have an idea for a feature.

Would it be possible to be able to drag the stylus and select multiple messages. This would make cleaning up an inbox a lot faster.

Thanks
    You can do that pretty simply now. Use <spacebar> to select (which moves to the next message) and keep on doing this for any message you want to "select". Then use "Delete selected..." in the Msg menu.

Marc

p.s. Actually, there are a bunch of commands that can be performed on random groups of selected messages, all of them in that menu.
    Great stuff..thanks guys.
    Marc would it be possible to add a "drag screen" feature.

Half the time while reading email the screen lands half on a line. Trying to move the scroll a fraction jumps the screen and I loose my place. An option of "scroll 1 page vs. scroll 1 line" is no good unless you would be able to use booth with out going back into preferences.
    I want to add a feature request: Any way to work with Outlook flags in Chatter? Can a folder be created in Chatter that shows all messages that were flagged in Outlook?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    jamespaulritter - This is something of a bug; it happens when the horizontal scroll bar appears (which isn't supposed to happen). I'm trying to solve cases that remain.

gadgetfreak - Good idea!

Marc
    Well while we are at it...
    Those are all great ideas.
    And I would still like to see a 1 mailbox sync option from the summary view!

Nice hat Marc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    it happens when the horizontal scroll bar appears
    Marc
    I know you know what your talking about Marc but I wanted to let you
    know that it happens to me even if the horizontal scroll bar never appears.
    I've never seen a case in which the horizontal scroll bar didn't appear on the FIRST screen (i.e. before first scrolling).

Marc
    Ow your totally right when you first open the email from the list of messages after entering chatter or opening a mailbox it is there and scrolls a page at a time not allowing you to read the line at the ends of the page well.

And if you close and then reopen the email it is not there and scrolls a page (minus 1 line) at a time allowing you to read all lines easily.
    Marc any word on setting email priority ? This would really help me out.. I use vm when it wants to work just for urgent emails.. Or I have to use a pc..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    donric609 - No, sorry. It's on the damn list.

Marc
    Alrighty then.. Thx for the reply..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  17.    #17  
    back in my own thread...hmm

Marc ever thought of a filter to trigger different alert tones based on email address? Guess it would accomplish what donric mentioned above.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Ow your totally right when you first open the email from the list of messages after entering chatter or opening a mailbox it is there and scrolls a page at a time not allowing you to read the line at the ends of the page well.

And if you close and then reopen the email it is not there and scrolls a page (minus 1 line) at a time allowing you to read all lines easily.
    Marc,

I also have a similar experience to James and it has been a minor annoyance trying to scroll to adequately read the bottom line.
    Is it possible to start the new page by repeating the last one from the previous page a la AvantGo?

Thanx
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    We'll I noticed closing and reopening the email is not a fool proof fix to stop the horizontal scroll from popping up so you still get the full page scroll not allowing you to read the line at the end of the page.

When the horizontal scroll bar dosent come up and it scrolls a full page (minus 1 line) that works very well, better than my idea of a dragging the screen or the scrolling 1 line option.

Please disregard my request. As usual you have the best plan, when you fix the horizontal scroll issue I can see it will work perfectly.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    We'll I noticed closing and reopening the email is not a fool proof fix to stop the horizontal scroll from popping up so you still get the full page scroll not allowing you to read the line at the end of the page.

When the horizontal scroll bar dosent come up and it scrolls a full page (minus 1 line) that works very well, better than my idea of a dragging the screen or the scrolling 1 line option.

Please disregard my request. As usual you have the best plan, when you fix the horizontal scroll issue I can see it will work perfectly.
    I'll look out for that!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast