Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with my Calendar syncing during a HotSync. I just installed the new Sprint 1.08 Updater, but I can't verify if this problem started after the update or not.

-------------------

My Hot Sync Log:

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    Calendar synchronization failed

OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Media

---------------------

I've tried using the Palm Desktop Tool "Check and repair any corrupted records" and tried setting my HotSync to have the Handheld overwrite the Desktop. No luck with either.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    For me, The backup/restore process in the updater worked as far as the backup goes. The one thing it failed to restore though was my appointments, the calendar was empty. I then resynced with my work PC to get all of those back.

Other than that the update went smooth and is great.
    After a few attempts at getting my calendar to sync with the desktop I've found the resulting situation where my hotsync manager just skips attempting to do anything with the calendar no matter what my condit settings are and gives this message in my log:
    "-- Calendar
    - The device database version is incompatible with this conduit. Doing nothing."

I've uninstalled the palm desktop software and re-installed it. I've chnaged user names. My only success was when I performed a hard-reset and then hotsync. From that I was able to get the databases to restore to handheld, but I didn't get a complete restore of the rest of my device out of it, and in restoring other files seems to have stepped on whatever file is getting the error checking here.

Any clues?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I even tried deleting my datebook.dat file from my PC and then perform a hotsync where the handheld's calendar overwrites the desktop, but I still get a "Calendar synchronization failed" error.

Any way to save my datebook info and fix this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    "-- Calendar
    - The device database version is incompatible with this conduit. Doing nothing."
    I've been having this same exact issue. Did you ever find a solution?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Try dbScan. Careful though. Search and you will find it.
    I have used Dbscan for this problem...worked for me.

One issue,however, when I try to find or clear Calender dirty flags it soft resets everytime.

Any ideas why or how to fix this?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    One issue,however, when I try to find or clear Calender dirty flags it soft resets everytime.

Any ideas why or how to fix this?
    I never use this feature. So my suggestion is a simple one, don't use it.
    If you ask Dbscan to remove all deleted records from PalmOne database it will usually find some - this will stop the dbscan from resetting on clear calendar dirty records and your sync will work again.
    If you are using Versamail through an Exchange server to get email than Versamail is hijacking your calendar and will only sync trhough hiting the sync button in Versamail. Everything else will sync during hotsync, but calendar will always reset to "do nothing" and even changing it in custom will not change its behavior. This is not a bad thing as long as you understand that it works that way. If you autosync, your email and calendar will update each time you connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    If you are using Versamail through an Exchange server to get email than Versamail is hijacking your calendar and will only sync trhough hiting the sync button in Versamail. Everything else will sync during hotsync, but calendar will always reset to "do nothing" and even changing it in custom will not change its behavior. This is not a bad thing as long as you understand that it works that way. If you autosync, your email and calendar will update each time you connect.
    This sounds like what is happening to me. I'm not sure if I'm using Versamail though. I use HotSync to sync with my Outlook Exchange, but every time I do my calendar doesn't sync and is reset in "Custom" to "Do Nothing." If I am dealing with the problem you describe, can you provide relatively detailed directions of how to fix.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm posting a fix that worked for me...
    I was using RSS with 'Quick News' - since then, my Calendar would not sync with my Palm Desktop. I deleted Quick News and once again Caledar synchs.
    This may or may not be your problem, but can be quickly checked. Open Versamail and look at your accounts. If even one of them is set up as an Exchange Server sync than it could be your problem. Look at each account, if they all have "Get" instead of "sync" than this isn't your fix. If one says sync than you are on Exchange and your calendars qill only sync when you push that button.

Another option if Versamail isn't causing things could be your conduits, go to Chapura's site and download their latest free conduit Pocket Mirror 3.1.6 and instal them.
    The Chapura products compatible with the new databases on Treo 650 and other new PalmOne products is PocketMirror XP, which is not free, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    My email does say "Sync," but I'm confused as to why I would need to only sync wirelessly (not to mention why I can't sync my calendar wirelessly), because a co-worker is set up exactly the same as me and has no trouble syncing with the cable. Although he does sometimes get duplicate calendar items when he syncs wirelessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The Chapura products compatible with the new databases on Treo 650 and other new PalmOne products is PocketMirror XP, which is not free, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    After months of trying everything, this product finally fixed my issues. Thanks aprasad! Sucks that I have to pay $30 just to make the thing work like it's supposed to though.