1.    #1  
    I can not use Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. I have heard there is a problem. Does anyone know if there is a fix to this yet. Everytime I try and open a PDF file my Treao 650 does a soft reset.

Also when I send emails with attachments they do not go and are lost in limbo? Any ideas on that as well.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Acrobat files need to be converted on your PC prior to trying to view them on your Treo. However, PDF files on the internet can be viewed if you are using the WebViewer browser. Of course to do that, you need to install the 3.6mb Java VM...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Shneor,
    Forgive my ignorance, does this mean I will not use Blazer for web browsing?

I am really looking to be able to view PDF files that are emailed to me on my Treo. Will this do WebViewer browser do the trick?

Thanks again
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rciraco
    Thanks Shneor,
    Forgive my ignorance, does this mean I will not use Blazer for web browsing?

I am really looking to be able to view PDF files that are emailed to me on my Treo. Will this do WebViewer browser do the trick?

Thanks again
    Rob
    yes i'd like to know this as well... more times than not, i get sent pdf's via email. whats the sense of having adobe acrobat reader if i cannot save my pdf attachment, and then view it? i just can't see me waiting to get back to the office, copy off my pdf, run it through the pdf to palm conversion and then re-syncing?

my old pocket pc could view pdf's directly!
    Treo canont view PDF's directly, even with the Adobe software.
    It needs to be converted. On your home machine use the Adobe Palm app to convert into a form their reader can use.
    Or on the web you can email it through an Adobe server to have it converted.
    Search for PDF or acrobat msgs.
    I believe there are some wonderful threads about pdf files here. The wonderful thing about this forum is that threads still exist even if no one has posted in them for a while. The information in these elder threads may be accessed using the miraculous SEARCH tool. You can even try using that tool before you post a new thread. That way the forums don't become cluttered with multiple threads on the same topic.

You cannot read pdf files natively on a palm device. Some sony clies were the exception to this and had the piscel viewer software. This software does not work on non-sonys. You must convet on the desktop using the adobe software. The top docs to go package by dataviz also has a desktop conversion tool. Their website is a little misleading. It also will not read native pdf files.

In these pdf threads of old, the search tool will reveal more information archived by frustrated pdf of ancient times. There are tales of online tools where you can email a pdf and it will magically convert it to a palm usable format and return it to you.

seek and ye shall find all that there is to know
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 03/29/2005 at 02:06 PM.