1. HLK
    new 650 owner and so far verry happy with my Treo! Does the Treo have voice recognition to dial phone numbers or can I just not find the feature. If it's not a santrd feature is a 3rd party softwarre app available to make this happen? I know I can assign speed dials but I'm use to using voice recognition to dial and don't want to pay for the Sprint voice dail service.
    i use voicedial by voice signal...it is excellent, probably the best application I have purchase so far...no programing of voice to names or anything, plug and play. you can go to http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html to d/l it, get a trial and try it out. i program it in a favorites button right on my screen and all i have to do is hit the button, wait 2 secs for the prompt and then say "call Joe mobile" or "call John work" and it dials it perfectly..
    Remember it does not work with Bluetooth, for this reason I went with Sprint Voice dial (call them now and ask for two months free to try it out) It's pretty cool and for 5 bucks a month extra not a bad price for pretty good name recognition (no learning necessary) and can store up to 500 names (maybe more).

OK, but here's the really cool part about it, and in my opinion worth the 5 bucks; it has a feature that calls the web. You say "call the web" and you have an aray of features....Pretty cool stuff! weather (any city), entertainment (tv show updates, like if you missed the Sopranos the night before), lottery, etc.; directions- tell it two point and it will get you there; Traffic- not up and running yet, but can't wait for that one; Travel- flight information and stuff.

all in all pretty cool stuff, worth trying out for a few months to see if you like it, planned on using this untill they figure out how to use it with bluetooth, but may stay for these "extra" features.
    (stupid question) does the sprint service actually talk to you or show up as text when you access that web service (i.e. for a sopranos update)?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    (stupid question) does the sprint service actually talk to you or show up as text when you access that web service (i.e. for a sopranos update)?
    It's a voice...and actually kinda amusing, when I tried it was a female voice saying "Tony's cousin gets wacked..." hilarious!
    that's awesome, i just signed up for two months free but have a feeling i'll stice with voice signal
    Quote Originally Posted by HLK
    new 650 owner and so far verry happy with my Treo! Does the Treo have voice recognition to dial phone numbers or can I just not find the feature. If it's not a santrd feature is a 3rd party softwarre app available to make this happen? I know I can assign speed dials but I'm use to using voice recognition to dial and don't want to pay for the Sprint voice dail service.
    Look on the CD to find VoiceSignal's Voice Dial.....14 day trial included. $19.95 to buy.....I have 1600 phone numbers so a carrie based solution isn't going to help me.
    Personally, I purchased the Voice Dial application and I actually regret it. I can't believe how often it asks me to confirm names. Easily 50% -70% of the time it asks me to confirm.

I mean, come on, I'm from New York City, but my accent isn't THAT bad. I don't speak "I'm from tirdy tird and tird" or anything like that. It's not like it even asks me to confirm the selection of mobile vs. home vs. work. It attempts to confirm entirely different names. I wind up having to speak in an absurdly terse voice that sounds foolish.

Overall, I consider it a fairly weak application. But that's just me.
    This app has been absolutley amazing and very accurate for me however I was making the mistake of not saying "call" in front of the name or number and it did exactly what you're saying where it tried to confirm entirely different names. Once I realized what I was doing wrong and started saying "call" so and so mobile or what ever it was dead on.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by HLK

You can also try voice dialer PRO from www.groverind.com it supports all spoken languages. voice dial only supports english.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    is there any voice dialing software that does work with Bluetooth headsets (and GSM Treos)?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Not for dialing through your BT headset, none will do that. I belive it's a limitation of the hardware, not the software. You can dial through voice and the Treo and then it will transfer (usually automatically) depending on your headset.
    I have upgrade 1.08 installed on my Sprint treo 650. When I try to install the trial version of voice dial, I get a system error. I have tried to install it twice with the same results. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: After deleting the voice dial files using FileZ and reloading, I got it to work. Now I start my 14 day trial.
    Last edited by oxoxtro600; 03/27/2005 at 11:50 AM.
    I had voice dial installed, but it just died on me!! it worked well yesterday, but no luck as of this AM. Yes, I did upgrade a couple of days ago to 1.08. Any thoughts? I may switch to the sprint voice dial plan.
    pilottreo1