Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    So what does the new version of Versamail fix?

    Can we pull out the new version and use it on Cingular and Unlocked?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So what does the new version of Versamail fix?

    Can we pull out the new version and use it on Cingular and Unlocked?
    On Cingular, my phone came loaded with 3.0 when I purchased it in February.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    On Cingular, my phone came loaded with 3.0 when I purchased it in February.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 3.0"C" an updated version of that?
    Last edited by TreoStallion; 03/23/2005 at 09:40 AM. Reason: sp
  4. #4  
    That is correct. (c) is the update included in the spint FW update.
  5.    #5  
    I'm in the process now of pulling out the versamail prc files out of the sprint installer now.. I'll throw them on my gsm and see what happens.
  6. #6  
    I have 3.0c Sprint phone after yesterday's firmware update, but haven't seen anything different. It still doesn't handle "retrieve new msgs only" on pop3 accts properly.
    Some people got crashes from the 3.0 app, but I didn't, so maybe that was improved.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    I have 3.0c Sprint phone after yesterday's firmware update, but haven't seen anything different. It still doesn't handle "retrieve new msgs only" on pop3 accts properly.
    Some people got crashes from the 3.0 app, but I didn't, so maybe that was improved.
    If I remember correctly, "retrieve new msgs only" only work with imap account, not pop3 account. This is not a treo issue, it is a email protocal issue.
  8. jaweston's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #8  
    Before installing the VersaMail update, the email retrieval function would often hang when trying to download a email message in Russian. This now seems to have been fixed
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    That is correct. (c) is the update included in the spint FW update.
    My Versamail still reads version 3.0Ag5 Nov. 15,2004 after doing the update. If anyone on a Cingular 650 has a newer version I would love to know.
  10. kevroc's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #10  
    My Versamail 3.0C doesn't work correctly. I did extensive testing yesterday against my imap accounts along with snapper to compare. If I have a list of 5 emails that got retrieved and selected and deleted one, the display would refresh and show 3 left not 4. If I switched views and went back, the 4th one showed up again. If I did a select all, delete, all would dissappear but 1. If I looked at my folder list I say 1 in my trash but when I went to my trash it say something to the effect "no message found" and then exited me out of versamail back to zlauncher. If I deleted a message and did a get, the message I just deleted would come down again. I had delete mail on server on and to delete mail immediately so I know my settings were correct. Anyway, after a couple of hours testing yesterday it's just too buggy to rely on. I really wanted to though as I liked the idea of using the built-in solution that already taking up space versus snappermail. Snappermail isn't perfect either as I've had resets, but I've never had it not get the mail it should and in the end that's the most important.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    My Versamail still reads version 3.0Ag5 Nov. 15,2004 after doing the update. If anyone on a Cingular 650 has a newer version I would love to know.
    That is the current version for Cingular.

Posting Permissions