1.    #1  
    I was hoping that this issue would be fixed, since I use this feature a lot. This problem is not there on the Treo 650 GSM version, only the CDMA version.

When using the stylus in programs such as BugMe, Notepad, Diddlebug, or any handwriting recognition programs, the lines are drawn choppy, with jagged edges. The resolution of the digitizer is very low. In order to draw smooth lines, you have to draw very slowly. In addition, quick taps on the screen are missed about 1 out of 10 times.

To see if your handheld has this problem, the free program Diddlebug can be installed, which is similar to Notepad.
    I have the same problem as well as Real player skips every ten seconds or so when playing songs. I tried pTunes and it doesn't skip.
    Anyone know if Sprint/palmOne is even aware of this digitizer problem with the Sprint CDMA Treo 650 phones, and if so, when/if they are planning on having a fix for it? Writing text on the screen is the way I prefer to input text, but with the poor digitizer, it is very hard to do this effectively. Any info is appreciated!

- marc
    I was also hoping for keybouard dimming like in the unlocked GSM. Oh well...can't fit it all in a great update like this I guess.
    Just out of curiosity, whats so great about this update? I haven't really noticed any significant changes to anything....am I missing some things?

- marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman
    Just out of curiosity, whats so great about this update? I haven't really noticed any significant changes to anything....am I missing some things?

- marc
    Significant memory efficencies... "voice quality improvements" (it is still flat and muffled, but better than the original ROM) and a couple of other things. Improved Versamail (I use Chattermail anyhow). And a few other things.

Why did you update if you didn't know what you were getting out of it??
    I knew what they had stated the update was going to do...but like I said, I haven't really seen any significant changes since updating...

and I update because aside from there always being things that change that they don't tell you about, its always a good idea to keep your devices up-to-date so as not to run into problems down the road (although the old adage, don't fix what's not broken, also comes to mind)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I was also hoping for keybouard dimming like in the unlocked GSM. Oh well...can't fit it all in a great update like this I guess.
    I guess some people are more interested in how shiny it is, or the cool colors.

The problem with the digitizer is a major defect. It stops a lot of existing applications such as Bugme, Notepad, or any drawing programs etc from working properly. All the other Palm handhelds, even the ones made years ago have a good digitizer, except this one. If people knew about this in advance, I am sure many of them would not have bought this clunker.