Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well, after reading all the problems with auto-answering after upgrading, I wish I was having those problems!

I upgraded today and now cannot pair at all! It won't even recognize the headset when it's sitting right next to it. I deleted the BT caches but am not able to delete BT prefs.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jeff
    Need some help. I am new to the Treo 650 family and have only been using it for about 2 weeks. I also purchased the BT-HS850 headset. I have been using them both for about week now and all of the sudden the headset is not working. I have done nothing different. I have not downloaded any updates or anything. The headset is still listed under " all known devices" but not listed under "trusted device" as it once was. When I try to re-pair the treo says "unable to connect to hs850". If you guys have any suggestions on how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Me!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I use the HS850 with my Treo 650 and it only seems to function correctly some of the time. The headset is paired with the Treo as per the included instructions, but it does not always work as intended. For example, I will place a call on the Treo handset and press the green 'phone button' to dial the call. I then immediately press the button on the headset to enable its usage. Normally this enables the headset and I can complete the call. A lot of the time it does not connect to the Treo at all. The call connects, but the headset is not active. I try to keep an eye on the Bluetooth icon on the Treo, which changes to a square sometimes, but seems to ‘hang’. The HS850 does not always work when trying to use it to answer a call either.

I have the latest Sprint firmware and no installed Bluetooth hacks. Has anyone else experienced this behavior with the HS850? My frustration mounts…
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Well, I haven't read every post in this thread, but from what I've seen I have two guesses.

1) The "update" actually "fixed" the BT implementation on the CDMA 650's to work the same way as the GSM 650's. The behavior you all are describing sounds exactly like using a Jabra bt250 with the unlocked GSM that I have. No autoconnect on outgoing calls, but good volume and conncets quickly with MF press.

The palm one treo wireless headset WILL work properly with this BT configuration, autoconnect and so on. So draw your own conclusions, but I find it interesting that just as P1 releases a headset, other headsets start to have problems because of a P1 update.

2) The update now requires you to tell the headset to use the headsfree (I think that's it) profile. On the BT250 this was done by holding the volume up button at the same time as the MF button during pairing. This still did not cause the headset to function properly for me, as I said I have to give in to the P1 version before I got what I wanted.

If these things make no sense or someone's already tried/mentioned them please be kind and don't flame, I'm genuinly interested as to what happened here, good luck guys.
    JW
    so does anyone have a hs850 that works after the sprint firmware update? this ****e is lame!
    *bump*

Come on PalmOne...it cannot be that hard to fix this issue. Auto-Answer with the headset was working before the firmware.
    I'll bet they probably fixed the firmware to detect on device id and set it so that if it is not the PalmOne BT headpiece, it won't answer.
    I wish I new more about the BT program on the device like Shadow to try to fix this. *sigh*
    How can I delete know devices. I had a HS820 setup at one time and now have a HS850. I think there may be problem with this as my HS850 will not answer a call when I press the button.
    OK, I know some people have stated that a hard reset did not help...

However, when I got my HS-850 two days ago, autoconnect works fine (well, a little slow, but it worked). Yesterday, it stopped autoconnecting (probably because I deleted the HS-850 from my trusted devices while trying out a different headset in a store).

I was so distraught that I decided to hard reset to see if I could get back to autoconnecting and, to my surprise, it worked for me. Treo 650 & HS-850 autoconnecting. When I sync'd with my PC to get all my stuff back, I had to soft reset (maybe there was an app that required that). After soft reset, no more autoconnect.

So, I hard reset again this AM, autoconnect works again. Hmm....how to get all my addresses & stuff back and avoid a soft reset...
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbradl
    Hmm....how to get all my addresses & stuff back and avoid a soft reset...
    A soft reset frees up a lot of heap memory and is actually good to do once in a while. I don't know if I could constantly avoid a soft reset, it would find me sooner or later anyway.

Might try deleting bt preferances or whatever; save and unsaved preferances, I've seen a few posts saying reoccuring problems often "live" in the preferances.
    BTW, one more piece to add to this puzzle...the Treo 650 I have is a replacement (refurbished) that came with the 1.08 firmware update already installed.

I am going to try to create a profile on my PC that doesn't have any app that requires a soft reset and sync to that profile (so I can get my address book & appointments). I'll see how long I can preserve this fragile state of Bluetooth bliss...
  11.    #71  
    I'm glad the hard reset worked for you, it did not work for me. My freshly hard reset 650 would not autoconnect on outgoing calls after it's first pairing with the HS850. Overall, poor attention to detail on the part of P1. Several BT headsets that have had functionality lost. I'm glad for the improved sound quality and faster connection, but a frustrating trade off to have lost the full functionality of several headsets. Oh well...
  12. llh
    I had such high hopes, but I thought realistic expectations when I bought an 850 two weeks ago. First BT headset I've owned and I'm definitely not impressed all around. I smartly did the Best Buy thing since if it stinks (which it easily half does) I can take it back without a lot of hassle.

So here's my question. Is it just this headset or do they all feel cheap? I'm concerned the test of time won't come out in favor of this little thing.

Sound quality is decent when all's quiet. Horrible when there's noise or wind. A quarter of the time I "sound muffled" and another quarter of the time I am "dropping out" (in 4 bar areas I might add, so it's not the Treo 650).

I didn't buy this to have it work under ideal conditions only. I'm on the verge of returning this, but I'd hate to find out it's actually the best one out there, and I have to deal with the half-cracked technology implementation if I want wireless.

Any thoughts? I'm depressingly underwhelmed overall.

llh
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by llh
    I had such high hopes, but I thought realistic expectations when I bought an 850 two weeks ago. First BT headset I've owned and I'm definitely not impressed all around. I smartly did the Best Buy thing since if it stinks (which it easily half does) I can take it back without a lot of hassle.

So here's my question. Is it just this headset or do they all feel cheap? I'm concerned the test of time won't come out in favor of this little thing.

Sound quality is decent when all's quiet. Horrible when there's noise or wind. A quarter of the time I "sound muffled" and another quarter of the time I am "dropping out" (in 4 bar areas I might add, so it's not the Treo 650).

I didn't buy this to have it work under ideal conditions only. I'm on the verge of returning this, but I'd hate to find out it's actually the best one out there, and I have to deal with the half-cracked technology implementation if I want wireless.

Any thoughts? I'm depressingly underwhelmed overall.

llh
    I have used several BT headsets and can say, hands down, the TWH is the best overall. It autoconnects on outgoing calls quickly, good reception to 5 feet, people can hear me very well (had a clear conversation with my wife last week driving 65 mph with front windows down ). The only issues I have are: needs an audible sound to confirm call disconnect, redial from headset does not work, occasionally have to turn it off/on or reset treo to get the headset to connect. Overall a clear winner when compared to Jabra 250, Scala 500, Moto 850. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "feels cheap"? All of the ones I've used feel very light. The 850 felt heaviest... which initially left me thinking it was more solid. But, after an hour of wear on my ear, I was grateful to replace it with the TWH which feels lighter and less substantial... but comfortable all day.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    What is the TWH? I have looked that up on google, and wasn't able to find the right thing?

I just bought the HS-850, but it doesn't seem to support automatic connect on outgoing calls, even with the Sprint 1.12 update. Guess I'll be returning it...

What is this TWH though?
    Logitech Mobile Freedom is much better than twh IMO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    What is the TWH? I have looked that up on google, and wasn't able to find the right thing?

What is this TWH though?
    You've prolly figured it out by now....... Treo Wireless Headset.
    I did the update first before using the HS850. It did not connect automatically when outgoing call was made. Had to manually press the connect button on the headset. Definitely connected pretty quick, about second.
  18. BGS
    I have had both the 850 and the good old 810 and have returned the 850 because it is not set up to ring when a call came in. I was told by motorola that only the 810 would ring when a call came in ...Which is right..but in either case you always had to push the button to connect. My old 810 stll works great and when I have the Treo on mute/vibrate I will get a ring on the 810..then push the button to connect....Never had the ring with the new 850...
    How about you all???
    Bruce
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234