Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79
    is the autoconnect really that annoying guys? im debating whether or not to get the treo 650... i want a good headset for it, and i was eyeing the HS850 thanks
    It seems some folks don't mind this at all. But, I think it's annoying. Just imagine that you have your 650 in the car... you dial a number. Now, you have to very quickly find a place to put the 650 and then press the button on the headset... every single time you make a call. What ends up happening for me is that I'm fumbling around with the headset and handset, which is exactly the kind of annoyance that the BT headset is supposed to eliminate. The other issue is that if you don't do this fast enough, someone answers on the other end, says "hello?" a few times, then hangs up because your headset hasn't connected yet and they can't hear you.
  2. #42  
    is something that can be fixed with firmware? i would assume so
  3. #43  
    I too had the update kill the autoconnect. I got Motorola on the phone and after 10 minutes of telling the person on the other end of the phone that yes Motorola makes a HS850 and no I don't mean HS805 I finally got somebody on the phone whose only solution was to direct me to a Verizon store where there is a Motorola tech and have him reflash the HS850. There is no way to reset it other than a new flash! I'm going to try it but I kinda agree with the rest of you that it is a 650 firmware issue.

    BC
  4. #44  
    perhaps this is something shadowmite could fix? do you guys think sprint would fix this just for a specific headset?
  5. #45  
    Someone posted in the Supertooth thread that if you shut-down the Vision connection, the ST works fine. I tried it out on my HS810, and low and behold it connects/answers the phone the way it's supposed to.

    Good golly...
  6. #46  
    reflash the headset?!!!!wtf?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Someone posted in the Supertooth thread that if you shut-down the Vision connection, the ST works fine. I tried it out on my HS810, and low and behold it connects/answers the phone the way it's supposed to.

    Good golly...
    Can you provide more info? I don't think most people have Vision connected that are having problems getting the HS850 to auto connect with outgoing calls. More details, please...
  8. #48  
    details......
  9. #49  
    Sorry for getting everyone excited... I retried my 810 just now and it doesn't autoconnect on outgoing.

    BUT, what I was missing w/ Vision connected was the ability to answer the phone with the headset. If I disconnect Vision, reset the phone (didn't seem to work after just turning off Vision), then I am able to answer.

    Outgoing connects if you hit the button on the headset just prior or anytime after the call is connected (like it should), but doesn't automatically connect through on outgoing - sorry for the mis-statement. Hope this this still helps someone...
  10. #50  
    I do believe the issues you guys are having is due to the way the treo detects the bluetooth profiles, there are two profiles that are available:

    Handsfree & Headset

    Handsfree supports advanced features and automatic transfer of calls to the headset (on incoming and outgoing calls)
    it also supports redial and voice dialing (on supported phones)

    Headset mode on the other hand must be initited by pressing the MFB (answering, hangin up and call waiting)

    I have a Cingular branded 650 and since running the VM firmware update I hadn't reinstalled the carkit patch, I paired up the 850 and it paired up in handsfree mode however it was slow as a turd pairing up, and I had no way to get it to go into headset mode, I installed the carkit update and boom now it's in headset mode with a much snappier connection, I think the issue is with the bluetooth stack on the Treo not the headset. Until Palm1 releases a bluetooth stack update the HS850 will run in headset mode.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by odiHnaD
    I do believe the issues you guys are having is due to the way the treo detects the bluetooth profiles, there are two profiles that are available:

    Handsfree & Headset

    Handsfree supports advanced features and automatic transfer of calls to the headset (on incoming and outgoing calls)
    it also supports redial and voice dialing (on supported phones)

    Headset mode on the other hand must be initited by pressing the MFB (answering, hangin up and call waiting)

    I have a Cingular branded 650 and since running the VM firmware update I hadn't reinstalled the carkit patch, I paired up the 850 and it paired up in handsfree mode however it was slow as a turd pairing up, and I had no way to get it to go into headset mode, I installed the carkit update and boom now it's in headset mode with a much snappier connection, I think the issue is with the bluetooth stack on the Treo not the headset. Until Palm1 releases a bluetooth stack update the HS850 will run in headset mode.
    Do I understand correctly that your Cingular 650 now autoconnects on outgoing calls? I don't understand how the Carkit update would help with this... wasn't it included in the 1.08 updater from Sprint? Please help me out if I misunderstood your post.
  12. #52  
    just read the following info from this thread:

    "Default Figured out fix for my BT headset issues

    Just wanted to share this with everyone. I just got my Scala-500 BT headset and was having the following issues:

    1) When I made a call, it didn't automatically default to the headset. I would have to press the button on my headset to transfer the call over.
    2) I was unable to hang up from the headset if I was on an incoming call.
    3) Other random problems.

    I was able to fix all this by deleting my one other trusted BT device from my Treo (which was my laptop).

    I haven't tested it fully yet, but things seem okay right now."



    any of u tried this? i hope this works out... this thread is the only thing holding me back from getting a hs850!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    just read the following info from this thread:

    "Default Figured out fix for my BT headset issues

    Just wanted to share this with everyone. I just got my Scala-500 BT headset and was having the following issues:

    1) When I made a call, it didn't automatically default to the headset. I would have to press the button on my headset to transfer the call over.
    2) I was unable to hang up from the headset if I was on an incoming call.
    3) Other random problems.

    I was able to fix all this by deleting my one other trusted BT device from my Treo (which was my laptop).

    I haven't tested it fully yet, but things seem okay right now."



    any of u tried this? i hope this works out... this thread is the only thing holding me back from getting a hs850!
    Sorry, viper. This does not work for me. The first thing I did was tried deleting everything else that was paired with the 650 to see if that fixed the problem, but no luck. If this works for others, please post. This thread is the only thing holding me back from using my HS850
  14. #54  
    @talkin73

    too bad... i was so hoping it would work , but i was sure most of u might have already tried it by now.. i mean it's the first thing that comes to mind!

    i have a gsm treo so i guess i won't have this particular problem rite now, but from what i've read, the sound is going to be crappy. and i do expect P1 guys to come out with the gsm update pretty soon, which i'll go for the moment it's out (who doesnt want more memory on their treo?), and don't want to be stuck with a headset with issues.

    damn the P1 guys... hope everything is sorted out and taken care of asap. all the best for now...
  15.    #55  
    Shameless bump...
  16. #56  
    Got the hs850 after installing the update, I have been able to pair it, but it just does not work at all. When I open the boom, my phone wakes, however I am not able to hear anything on the hs. What should I do?
  17. #57  
    throw it against a wall
  18. kidtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Ok so I went to the sprint store & they are sending a replacement! And while I was there I tested my hs850 on the demo 650 because it had the old firmware. Now I noticed two things: the volume was way lower AND it DID autoconnect but not after a long time. Then something weird, I then decided to make a call on my phone (new frimware) with my headset & all of a sudden it attempts to auto connect. I say attempt because it never went through. I tried a number of times. But one thing to note, when I first got the hs85o I had already installed the update. I did NOT have the hs850 paired with the old firmware. At that time it did autoconnect.

    Another thing, some people have been having numerous problems including auto connect with hbh 660 & someone found a way to "reset" it. After he reset it, it worked fine again. So can anyone find out from motorola how to reset this thing?!!
    I have a hbh660 that no longer works after upgrading my treo...can someone tell me where this "reset" info might be? Many thanks!
  19. #59  
    Anything new on this subject?
    How can I get the HS850 to auto come on when I make a call?
  20. #60  
    this sucks! PalmOne really dropped the ball on this one. They are seriously being lazy & I hope they get some competition soon so they can then get a fire unders their azzes...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions