Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSam
    Just a quick, crazy thought, don't know when I will have the time to try it....the Motorola HS850 has no way to reset its internal profiles, but apparently can hold up to eight bluetooth profiles (page 7 of manual)...what if it thinks that it is still seeing the Treo 650 before the software update? If you paired it with the "new" 650 eight consecutive times, the old profile should be discarded, forcing the 850 to only see the updated Treo. I really can't think of anything else to try.
    I can officially confirm that this does NOT fix the problem with autoconnect on outgoing calls. I paired 8 times in a row (I've actually already paired it 2 or 3 times prior), deleted the HS850 from trusted device list each time, then tried making a call, no autoconnect on outgoing call. But, if treoneo has it working, there has to be a way...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I got the HS850 after the update. I did not have it before hand. I can confirm that it does auto connect on inbound & outbound calls. Volume is greatl Everything is great. I thin you people who are having problems have some old bluetooth info that has to be deleted. Please get "filez" & delete all "bluetooth" files...
    TreoNeo ---- should we delete ALL BT files??

    From there, should we reload a new BT Manager app (like Shadowmite's DUN)?

    I am very sorry for asking - I'm just confused over it, as I'm worried that I would end up disabling all BT features by deleting various files

    THANK YOU
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  3. #23  
    Ok delete files:
    bluetooth devices
    bluetooth prefs backup
    bluetooth device cache

    Now some files will have a little lock icon next to it which means it's protected & can't be deleted . BUT what you can do is Put a check next to the file (one at a time), then select, details>attrs>uncheck copy protect>save. Now you can delete it. Then re-pair everything. And any dun feature is not affected by this. Whatever you have laoded by shadowmite rom will survive.

    Incidentally I cannot get it to auto connect at all with in or outbound calls. Also there is a lot of static if I put the phone in myu pocket. And also now when I hit the headset button to send it back to the treo it disconnects instead. The first time I paired it it was fine. I don't know what happened!!

    Anyone have a hs850 that works correctly?!
  4. #24  
    I believe what we might have to do is pair the headset with 9 new devices to clear it's cache. If that is the case, I may go into circuit city or something and try and see what I can do.

    PLEASE TRY THIS IF YOU CAN.
  5. #25  
    Some guy just did this above & said it no workey
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Ok delete files:
    bluetooth devices
    bluetooth prefs backup
    bluetooth device cache

    Now some files will have a little lock icon next to it which means it's protected & can't be deleted . BUT what you can do is Put a check next to the file (one at a time), then select, details>attrs>uncheck copy protect>save. Now you can delete it. Then re-pair everything. And any dun feature is not affected by this. Whatever you have laoded by shadowmite rom will survive.

    Incidentally I cannot get it to auto connect at all with in or outbound calls. Also there is a lot of static if I put the phone in myu pocket. And also now when I hit the headset button to send it back to the treo it disconnects instead. The first time I paired it it was fine. I don't know what happened!!

    Anyone have a hs850 that works correctly?!
    I've already deleted these files and tried repairing without success. If it's not actually working for you either, then I'm inclined to think it's a bust. The updater likely modified something that is causing the problem. It seems pretty universal at this point... can you say "Ebay" anyone
  7. #27  
    I actually went out and bought a new 850 yesterday - still no autoconnect. My 820 paired automatically everytime before.
  8. #28  
    It might be useful to try to re-pair the device after a hard reset of the Treo. If it works correctly, there might be hope that it is a software conflict of some sort...could also get a sense of what files the paired device changes or creates (obviously, make sure you've backed up the Treo first). Perhaps one of the developers could come up with a work-around that would allow the HS850 to be more functional.

    Actually, even with this problem, it is still a light-weight BT device that functions well...now just needs an additional button push...Sam
  9. #29  
    I also prefer to not have it autoconnect. But I am noticing low volume when turned up all the way while outside. Anyone else? Can anyone else confirm that the volume was louder after the update?
  10. #30  
    Not that it helps, but a couple of us are having fits with the Supertooth too after the update. I'm thinking they muffed this feature up a little...

    I guess I'd take the volume fix over the incoming/outgoing, but it's f*ed up either way...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I also prefer to not have it autoconnect. But I am noticing low volume when turned up all the way while outside. Anyone else? Can anyone else confirm that the volume was louder after the update?
    My HS850 is significantly louder after the update.

    To the above poster, I'm not sure a hard reset would help. During the update process, a hard reset was performed. New files were loaded then from ROM, etc. They should be the same at this point. Easiest way to check is the modification date of all "blue..." or "bt..." files in RAM that have the system name as creator. I think there's only 4 of them. Those RAM files and all my ROM files were updated on the day I ran the software updater, so my guess is that the new profiles just don't play well with all handhelds in terms of feature set.

    I've heard mixed reports on the 820 which seems strange. Also, the HS850 is the only Bluetooth 2.0 compliant headset that I have heard people report having problems autoconnecting... perhaps this is one of the issues? Anyone know the most efficient way to let PalmOne know about this so they can consider fixing what is obviously crippled hardware features after their updater?
  12. #32  
    Ok so I went to the sprint store & they are sending a replacement! And while I was there I tested my hs850 on the demo 650 because it had the old firmware. Now I noticed two things: the volume was way lower AND it DID autoconnect but not after a long time. Then something weird, I then decided to make a call on my phone (new frimware) with my headset & all of a sudden it attempts to auto connect. I say attempt because it never went through. I tried a number of times. But one thing to note, when I first got the hs85o I had already installed the update. I did NOT have the hs850 paired with the old firmware. At that time it did autoconnect.

    Another thing, some people have been having numerous problems including auto connect with hbh 660 & someone found a way to "reset" it. After he reset it, it worked fine again. So can anyone find out from motorola how to reset this thing?!!
  13. #33  
    Go to Preferences, you'll see General, Communication etc
    Under Communication tap Handsfree, under Autoanswer the default is Disable, in the drop down menu tap on the option you want (immediately, after 1 ring etc).
  14. #34  
    Yeah but it will auto answer NOT auto connect. these are totally different things. Incidentally I noticed after I re-paired the headset, it will autoconnect on the first call only.Every subsequent call thereafter does not auto connect. By the way why is it that some hs850 are clearly black & include a case & neckstrap & some are dark grey with no accessories whatsoever?!!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by HARJman
    Go to Preferences, you'll see General, Communication etc
    Under Communication tap Handsfree, under Autoanswer the default is Disable, in the drop down menu tap on the option you want (immediately, after 1 ring etc).
    Have you been able to get autoconnect on outgoing calls to work? I tried this option and it did not cause autoconnect even on incoming calls to work with this headset, yet alone the outgoing calls which is the major problem since the 1.08 update...
  16. #36  
    OK, let's get busy and try to figure out what's going on here. Here's my info. I have a Scala500 and an HS850. Just writing here about the 850. I have custom 1.08 ROM installed after having the custom 1.03 shadow ROMs. Reverted back to the factory 1.03 prior to the upgrade to factory 1.08, after which I went custom 1.08 to get the apps in ROM I wanted. Here are some facts and experiences:

    1. Pairing the 850 with the 650 does not seem to be a problem. Works as expected.
    2. After the two devices have been paired; if I shut both off, then fire up the treo, then open the headset so it turns on, the 650 sees the 850 come on. If the headset is on my head, I hear the headset issue an quick ascending-then-decending tone. Seems to be indicating the connection was established.
    3. Outbound calling does not autoconnect to the 850. Even after they just acknowledged each other in #2.
    4. When receiving a call, both the 650 and 850 signal the inbound call. The headset takes 5 to 10 seconds longer than the treo before it indicates the call.

    I've tried most of the solutions I've read here, including deleting the 3 RAM files, resetting, removing from trusted devices, resetting, even going into both saved and unsaved prefs and deleting some orphan entries using Cleanup. Nothing has helped.

    I'm pretty sure the 850 was auto-answering before the ROM update, but I was using the Scala more (due the the 850 volume), so can't be sure.

    Here is what's in my ROM:

    2005-03-03 21:55 16022 9194 BluetoothExt_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 9062 5685 BtCommVdrvLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 314 194 BtCommVdrvLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 3555 1919 BtDeviceLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 60897 26012 BtExgLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 2437 1017 BtExgLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 37361 13083 BtHandsfreePnl_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 4569 1853 BtHandsfreePnl_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 38134 19942 BtHsmLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 233320 51784 BtLibLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 8883 2668 BtLibLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-25 10:38 62273 22803 BtManagerApp.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 14650 5524 BtManagerApp_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 1699 1025 BtManPnl.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 105308 64953 BtStackLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 33078 13128 BtTransportLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 256 143 BtTransportLib_Device_enUS.oprc

    Interestingly, there seems to be some date differences in the BT Manager apps between my system and the poster above in this thread. His BT Manager overlay is time stamped with an old date, and my BT Manager app has a date newer than the other files. Does that trigger any ideas?
  17.    #37  
    Interesting that BTmanger dates are different... however, the fact that we are experiencing the exact same loss of features suggests that may not be the problem piece of software.

    I sent a PM to shadowmite to see if he has time to check out this thread and provide feedback.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by thereynolds
    OK, let's get busy and try to figure out what's going on here. Here's my info. I have a Scala500 and an HS850. Just writing here about the 850. I have custom 1.08 ROM installed after having the custom 1.03 shadow ROMs. Reverted back to the factory 1.03 prior to the upgrade to factory 1.08, after which I went custom 1.08 to get the apps in ROM I wanted. Here are some facts and experiences:

    1. Pairing the 850 with the 650 does not seem to be a problem. Works as expected.
    2. After the two devices have been paired; if I shut both off, then fire up the treo, then open the headset so it turns on, the 650 sees the 850 come on. If the headset is on my head, I hear the headset issue an quick ascending-then-decending tone. Seems to be indicating the connection was established.
    3. Outbound calling does not autoconnect to the 850. Even after they just acknowledged each other in #2.
    4. When receiving a call, both the 650 and 850 signal the inbound call. The headset takes 5 to 10 seconds longer than the treo before it indicates the call.

    I've tried most of the solutions I've read here, including deleting the 3 RAM files, resetting, removing from trusted devices, resetting, even going into both saved and unsaved prefs and deleting some orphan entries using Cleanup. Nothing has helped.

    I'm pretty sure the 850 was auto-answering before the ROM update, but I was using the Scala more (due the the 850 volume), so can't be sure.

    Here is what's in my ROM:

    2005-03-03 21:55 16022 9194 BluetoothExt_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 9062 5685 BtCommVdrvLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 314 194 BtCommVdrvLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 3555 1919 BtDeviceLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 60897 26012 BtExgLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 2437 1017 BtExgLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 37361 13083 BtHandsfreePnl_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 4569 1853 BtHandsfreePnl_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 38134 19942 BtHsmLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 233320 51784 BtLibLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 8883 2668 BtLibLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-25 10:38 62273 22803 BtManagerApp.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 14650 5524 BtManagerApp_enUS.oprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 1699 1025 BtManPnl.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 105308 64953 BtStackLib_Device.prc
    2005-03-03 21:55 33078 13128 BtTransportLib_Device.bprc
    2005-03-03 21:55 256 143 BtTransportLib_Device_enUS.oprc

    Interestingly, there seems to be some date differences in the BT Manager apps between my system and the poster above in this thread. His BT Manager overlay is time stamped with an old date, and my BT Manager app has a date newer than the other files. Does that trigger any ideas?
    That is a bit unusual. I rechecked an my creation and modification dates are the same. The BTManager_en.prc file is dated 1996... very odd. But, we're still having the same problem All other files are dated 3mar2005, which seems the same for both of us.

    I'm wondering if the fact that your date is newer has to do with your custom ROM setup. Is this possible? Do you have the BTManager hack that shadowmite created loaded in ROM? That would explain why its dated 25mar2005 (the date the update was released, I think).
  19. CRSO's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #39  
    My headset definitely auto-connected before the update...
  20. #40  
    is the autoconnect really that annoying guys? im debating whether or not to get the treo 650... i want a good headset for it, and i was eyeing the HS850 thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions