1.    #1  
    Do you have to take your phone out of the case to use the cradle? I have the Krussel case. the plug works good, will the case work with the cradle? Thanks in advance
    Yes, the cradle is a snug fit and won't work with cases of any kind.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    And it will also kill your eGrips if you have them applied (since eGrips make it a very tight fit) unless you remove the battery eGrip.
    My EB case fo the Treo 650 claims the following
    Fits: PalmOne Treo650.
    # Features: Compact, custom-fitted leather design
    # Access to Camera and Keyboard
    # Access to all buttons, ports and stylus(excluding reset hole)
    # Hot-sync with cable without removing from case...

I have not received my cradle yet, but I was counting on it fitting the Treo 650 while still in its case.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    In no way will it fit in the cradle with any type case. EB states "with cable" ... not "IN CRADLE." There is a hole for the sync cable on the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    My EB case fo the Treo 650 claims the following
    Fits: PalmOne Treo650.
    # Hot-sync with cable without removing from case...

I have not received my cradle yet, but I was counting on it fitting the Treo 650 while still in its case.
    I think that I will keep my eyes open for some 3rd party cradles. Do you think an alternative design cradle could be a little looser to allow for Treo's with tight cases to fit in the cradle?

I also really want a pass-thru connectoion for the phone port too.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I don't thing there would be an aftermarket cradle, but one never knows. Makes little sense though unless someone like EB manufactures it specifically for their cases. Not only would it have to be A LOT looser, deeeper and wider but the connector coming up from the bottom would have to be a lot LONGER to make up for a leather case. The current cradle is form fitted to Treo and wraps around the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    And it will also kill your eGrips if you have them applied (since eGrips make it a very tight fit) unless you remove the battery eGrip.
    I have full e-grips and no cradle issues.
    You mean you don't have to PUSH the 650 into the cradle? Without the eGrips you just drop it in and it fits. With them, because of the increased thickness of the battery cover due to the eGrips you have to push it down and back into the cradle. Eventually that "tension" will wear away the protective covering on the sides of the battery cover eGrip as they describe on their website.

If you don't have that issue then either we have different cradles or different eGrips. 2 friends have the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I have full e-grips and no cradle issues.
    Ed:

No, the Treo doesn't slide in....it's designed for the specific purpose of stopping that. Ya can stick a Treo on a 3 ring binder and then open the binder to like 86-87 degrees and the Treo doesn't slide.

Try this.....lay your Treo, e-grips and all, in the cradle.. Tilt it out by pulling it away from the cradle at the top maybe 1 or 2 degrees. This eliminates maybe 98% of the contact between the cradle and e-grips. The Treo is "resting" on the top of the contacts at this point.

Now I just push down and back at the same time and it slips right in without any resistance. No sign of wear or scuffing on e-grips after 30 or 40 insertions.

And besides, when you bought ya e-grips, you bought two sets didn't ya so you could get that 3rd set free !!!!!

My only beef with the cradle / charging design is that the power nub in the cradle is right next to one of the the HotSync nubs so I can't plot the Treo Headset in the cradle. A little holder for the headset woulda made this actually worth the $60 purchase.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Does the tight fit on the Treo 650 cradle (much tighter than the Treo 600 cradle) eventually cause the Treo's case to get scratched?
    I have done what you have suggested. With the eGrips there is still more "pressure" and some of it is the cradle rubbing on the eGrips on the battery cover. The cradle still is tighter with the grips then without and where there's pressure there will be wear. Without the eGrips the 650 just drops in the cradle (then you need a bit of downward pressure to "mate" it). It's the "pushback" part that puts the wear on the battery cover egrip. Just take off the battery cover completely and see how easy it goes in. No ... I just bought 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Ed:

No, the Treo doesn't slide in....it's designed for the specific purpose of stopping that. Ya can stick a Treo on a 3 ring binder and then open the binder to like 86-87 degrees and the Treo doesn't slide.

Try this.....lay your Treo, e-grips and all, in the cradle.. Tilt it out by pulling it away from the cradle at the top maybe 1 or 2 degrees. This eliminates maybe 98% of the contact between the cradle and e-grips. The Treo is "resting" on the top of the contacts at this point.

Now I just push down and back at the same time and it slips right in without any resistance. No sign of wear or scuffing on e-grips after 30 or 40 insertions.

And besides, when you bought ya e-grips, you bought two sets didn't ya so you could get that 3rd set free !!!!!

My only beef with the cradle / charging design is that the power nub in the cradle is right next to one of the the HotSync nubs so I can't plot the Treo Headset in the cradle. A little holder for the headset woulda made this actually worth the $60 purchase.
    It probably hasn't been out long enough to tell. My guess is probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    Does the tight fit on the Treo 650 cradle (much tighter than the Treo 600 cradle) eventually cause the Treo's case to get scratched?