Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I received my GSM unlocked Treo 650 yesterday. Unfortunately it has the 1.14 firmware version on it.
    I wonder when will PalmOne release the 1.15 firmware for download.
    Is there any info about it ?

Will they ever release it ?
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 03/23/2005 at 05:01 AM. Reason: correct update version is 1.15, not 1.115
    not yet
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I'm sure an update with come out soon. I don't even think firmware 1.15 has the new memory fix people are seeing in the yesterday's released Sprint update and obviously P1 plans that fix for all 650's not just the CDMA ones. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Maybe it's delayed while they fine-tune the sound-volume problem with the unlocked phones.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    PalmOne Singapore is already providing ROM 1.05 updates.
    but user must bring their treo to the service center to update.

the lady there told me their update will be posted on website "soon"
    i'm from taiwan
    for me the best thing of 1.15 firmware is that i can read UTF-8 chinese web site
    it's so important because many blogs are using UTF-8 instead of big-5 (a widely use traditional chinese encoding)
  6. ISA
    YES. The new ROM will now make UTF-8 'readable'.
    I find the rollout of these updates for Sprint and Cingular/GSM to be strange. Last week P1 rolls out the Cingular update for SIM cards and voicemail with no memory fix or Versamail update. This week P1 rolls out the Sprint update for the sound quality along with updates to Versamail and the memory.

As a Cingular user it would have been nice to get the Versamail update and memory fix in last weeks release. Why are these releases leap frogging each other? I would have expected more synchronization between the features in the Sprint upgrade and the Cingular upgrade.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Why are these releases leap frogging each other? I would have expected more synchronization between the features in the Sprint upgrade and the Cingular upgrade.
    As with the phone rollout, firmware revisions must be approved by the carrier before it is released. Depending on when Cingular first discovered the voicemail bug is when they would have created a patch, and started the process of quality assurance, etc. prior to release.

It is my understanding that the only firmware release that is entirely controlled by PalmOne is for the unlocked GSM version, which has no carrier customizations pre-loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    It is my understanding that the only firmware release that is entirely controlled by PalmOne is for the unlocked GSM version, which has no carrier customizations pre-loaded.
    And for some reason, we're last to get the updates
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Dear God, please give us unlocked users the same update; please justify my $700 phone that I can't hear the call on the other end while running out of memory at the same time. I'll give you a dollar.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I think the Roll out is a question of carrier approval, and specific issues for different phone editions. Sprint obviously had to approve the update just released. I think P1 had a fix to voice issues back in December/January but Sprint may have wanted to do some testing plus see where P1 as at with the memory update.

As for the unlocked phones it's possible P1 wants to wait until they're satisfied they have a good fix to the volume issues that are specific to our unlocked models.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    If I have a Cingular branded phone that has been unlocked (thanks to Cingular) will I be able to update it with any software the comes out for an unlocked phone?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISA
    YES. The new ROM will now make UTF-8 'readable'.

Didn't know that Treo is now "officially" available in Taiwan. I know that HTC is a Taiwanese company.....how did you guys get your hands on a Treo in Taiwan?

Gray market)

What else is hot in Taiwan?
    From what we have already read for FW 1.15, there's nothing interest me...no fix for major problems...the only confirmed enhancement for 1.15 over 1.14 seems to be UTF8 support for Blazer... so even though P1 releases FW 1.15 for us to download and use it now...what will we expect? I more want them to release the 1.16 with more real bug fixes and memory enhancement...if 1.16 can solve and stop our frequent reset problem, I don't mind to wait until they have a more serious QA process on it.

It'll be nice if P1 can allow us to sign up for a beta ROM tester program if they can make one...so whoever has serious problem of their phone and want to try the snapshot fix...they can take the risk to download and test out the code.....the more ppl test it..the quicker for P1 to release better stable code for all of us to use.

just my 2 cents.
    On the Treo600, the unbranded update was usually the 1st one released for GSM phones...

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    And for some reason, we're last to get the updates
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Didn't know that Treo is now "officially" available in Taiwan. I know that HTC is a Taiwanese company.....how did you guys get your hands on a Treo in Taiwan?

Gray market)

What else is hot in Taiwan?
    Yes, what the f* we can't buy a treo which just made in Taiwan until today !!!!!

I bought mine 650 from an importer who import from hongkong.

about houndred people bought their 650 in Taiwan ALL BY IMPORT.

Did you see us?! Dear P1.
    For me an update for the unlocked GSM's would be very interesting in any version.

I imported a Cingular/ATT Treo 650 from US, unlocked now.
    But these are not multilingual models. My main language is German so i would like to change the language as soon as possible.

On the Treo 600 you could change ...-CNB to ...-ROW with Tokenwriter.
    And then flash the unbranded multilingual ROM from P1.
    But i don't know if Tokemwriter will run on the Treo 650.

Maybe i'll be the first to test it.

But first there must be an Update.
    Mine is also imported from HK. I am in China Main Land.
    How are you? Taiwan

I also don't care how long we would wait for the unlocked GSM's update(But don't take too long:P ). What P1 will give us is much more important. Wishfully,the update for unlocked would contain more improvements than Sprint's.
    BTW: will P1 announce the second update for 650 in a few months? I hate doing hard-reset for a clean update too often.
    I really screwwed up! I wasn't paying attention and downloaded and installed the Sprint 1.08 updater. Unfortunately I have Cingular service. The only problem I see so far is that I can't open Versamail. When I try, the phone soft-resets.

I really need to have access to my email onthe go. Can anybody help?

TIA

Mikey
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyAtHome
    I really screwwed up! I wasn't paying attention and downloaded and installed the Sprint 1.08 updater. Unfortunately I have Cingular service. The only problem I see so far is that I can't open Versamail. When I try, the phone soft-resets.

I really need to have access to my email onthe go. Can anybody help?

TIA

Mikey
    The only thing you can try is to download the Cingular update and try to install that. It may or may not work. If all else fails, call tech support and tell them what happened, they may have a solution. At worst case, you will need to swap out the phones.

rob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast