Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Man this update is really taking palmone off my sheeyit list. I have 30% plus more memory & I have noticed the sound quality is better while on calls. Especially with my bluetooth headset. I had the most crappy/cheapo Bluetrek G2. When I chatted before with it, people ALWAYS said I sounded VERY muffled & I had to do the mute-unmute trick to get decent volume. Well after the update I used my same crap azz G2 headset (as cheap as $40 on the net) & called someone. This person has always said "oh you are on that crappy headset, remove it". Well she didn't even know I was using the headset! She said I sounded loud & clear. NO muffle at all. This headset has never worked so good. Also my volume seems louder with NO need for mute-unmute trick. New firmware=improved bluetooth headset performance (no matter what headset you have). This is awesome BUT it got me thinking. The reason that most of these bluetooth headsets that us Treo 650 users have tested & "reviewed" have been subpar (some minor, some major) is because of the dang Treo 650! So basically all of these headsets that we said were crap may actually be good on the new Sprint firmware. We now have to start the whole "which is the best bluetooth headset" debate all over again! This whole time there were many great bluetooth headsets out there. Maybe it was the Treo's fault the whole time. This gives me hope that if my crapazz G2 can work this much better, there is hope for all the other "misjudged" headsets. So... which is the best bluetooth headset for the Sprint Treo 650 with firmware 1.08?!!
    Last edited by treoneo; 03/23/2005 at 04:05 AM.
    Great idea starting this thread, I'm interested as well. My Scala 500 seems louder at baseline, but connecting to calls on the send and receive side seems the same. There is also some occasional crackling when I move more than 2-3 feet away. All in all, doesn't seem very different.

I was going to sell my HS850, but am charging it today to see if it works any better... initial problems were taking too long to connect to calls and volume too quiet. I'll post the results...
    My Scala works just like they said it should now. Before the update I had to pretty much hold the phone right near the headset....which made no sense. I am very impressed by the vast improvement I am experiencing with my headset.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    lol
    my TWH doesn't sound any louder than before.
    Same.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    My Scala seems pretty much the same.

I wonder if PLMO waited to release the Treo BT Headset until the updater was out so they wouldn't have to deal with all the low volume issues?
    My Moto 820 is better. It's not "OMG, get this thing off of my ear!!!" loud, but it is much better. Definitely better than the mute/unmute trick.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    My Moto 820 is better. It's not "OMG, get this thing off of my ear!!!" loud, but it is much better. Definitely better than the mute/unmute trick.
    I have the same results with my 820. It could still be louder, but its definately useable now. I can finally put my A210 in the closet
    After the update, I lost the pairing. Now when I go to re-pair the headset, mt Treo doesn't see any nearby devices.
    My HotSynch with the computer re-paired fine.

The Treo is discoverable and the headset is on, flashing blue but still no joy.
    Some people have reported success by clearing the BT name cache. Search around.
    Maybe there is no need to do this with the update, but does the mute/unmute trick still work [bump up the volume] or did palmOne take care of it?
    I read a couple of posts that BT headsets are not automatically picking up calls... Can somebody please confirm this? Apart from audio improvement is there any change in the behavior of BT headsets? especially the Plantronics M3000
    My headset (Scala) works better. It also picks up calls the same as it did before the update. BTMute is also not needed.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    Maybe there is no need to do this with the update, but does the mute/unmute trick still work [bump up the volume] or did palmOne take care of it?
    No, the mute trick doesn't work. Yes, it appears that Palm fixed the issue.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    My headset (Scala) works better. It also picks up calls the same as it did before the update. BTMute is also not needed.
    Same here, except I'm using an HBH-660.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    I read a couple of posts that BT headsets are not automatically picking up calls... Can somebody please confirm this? Apart from audio improvement is there any change in the behavior of BT headsets? especially the Plantronics M3000
    I'm using the HBH-660 and it's having problems now transferring calls. Wonder if anyone else is having this problem with the hbh-660
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

Quote Originally Posted by C_Money650
    I'm using the HBH-660 and it's having problems now transferring calls. Wonder if anyone else is having this problem with the hbh-660
    Did you try removing the profile and re-pairing after the update? Some folks don't seem to have any problems with BT after the update.

MarkY says he is doing fine with the 660...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    No issues with my 660.

After the 1.08 update, I re-paired the little beastie and it works like a champ...hopefully it will work for you...
    Cardo Scala

I don't think the mute trick works anymore.

Redial and swapping calls still doesn't work.
    I have the HBH-660 and now I cannot pair up with my updated 650. Any ideas guys?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I re-paired just fine. It just won't pick up calls now....AAHHH!!!!
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast