Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed the ROM update today and have been experiencing random soft resets (I've never had this problem before). Anyone else having this also?
    I sometimes get resets when getting calls. I have light wave 5.2 and never had this problem before the update. i dont know if the 1.9mb gain was worth it. Atleast with my custom rom I was able to customize the rom. If I continue to get resets I will revert back.
    dial ##377 what's xausing the resets
    I had one it said using phone
    My phone actually LOCKED UP this morning when the person I was speaking to hung up just as an alarm was going off (and I was on my bluetooth headset).

The screen froze (that's how I could see the flashing alarm icon in the upper left) and I had continuing static on the headset and the screen showed I was still on a call.

No buttons worked, the headset buttons didn't help. I had to pull out the reset pin.

THAT has never happened before (previously, I did get an occasional reset on phone calls--but no freezes).

Of course, after the Update, the first time I touched the Versamail button--RESET.
    I've not had a problem (yet).
  7.    #7  
    ##377 showed Launcher X.
    One reset. First time I used the phone. Been fine for 12 hours now (with several calls made during that time.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    OK, I've had a few more resets and ##377 has shown Fatal Exceptions while in Launcher X, Phone, and DocAlerts (a component of ePocrates, a medical reference). Any others having this? Any help?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just had one this morning. It said Fatal Exception Phone. Hope it doesn't happen again!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojai00
    I just had one this morning. It said Fatal Exception Phone. Hope it doesn't happen again!
    That was mine. Like I said it happened right after I flashed and tried to use the phone. No unforced resets since.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    None so far....
    not 1 yet
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    OK, I've had a few more resets and ##377 has shown Fatal Exceptions while in Launcher X, Phone, and DocAlerts (a component of ePocrates, a medical reference). Any others having this? Any help?
    My guess is that ePocrates is your problem. Since I updated to 1.08 my T650 resets upon power off if ePocrates has been run. It doesn't matter what happens to be open when the unit is shut down. If ePocrates has not been run there is no problem with shutdown.
    mine says verichat...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    My guess is that ePocrates is your problem. Since I updated to 1.08 my T650 resets upon power off if ePocrates has been run. It doesn't matter what happens to be open when the unit is shut down. If ePocrates has not been run there is no problem with shutdown.
    As I think back, that's the only explanation that seems to make sense...any ideas on how we can fix this problem?
    yeah...we need a new patch....
    a patch that contains wifi
    a patch that guarantees no resets
    a patch that contains the power to kenetically dial the person you are thinking of...
    THEN...we will be happy
    I think the folks at ePocrates need to know that a lot of their clients are using 650s to run their software. I called them to explain the problem and the response I got suggested to me that they are having problems adapting their software to the non-volatile memory in the 650. My guess is that the fix needs to come from ePocrates, rather than PalmOne. The more people who contact them, the faster we'll get it fixed!
    yep 3 soft resets, 1 while in the middle of the call, and 2 right when I got off-i used epocrates each time. ##377 said phone... what # did you call to complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    I had one it said using phone
    ##377 says phone on mine also.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast