Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    is it possible to set the led to blink when a message is received? I go to the console and type "indicator blink orange" but the best I get is a solid orange led.

thank you
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    is it possible to set the led to blink when a message is received? I go to the console and type "indicator blink orange" but the best I get is a solid orange led.

thank you
    A program called "Butler".
    I'm pretty sure Butler will screw up Chatter. There's no way to get blinking orange on the Treo. You can get blinking green with "indicator green".

Marc
    I've been playing around with chatter and butler.
    The only configuration that allows my voicemail (the most important one for me) orange light to continue to work is to disable all led notifications in chatter. I still get the vibrates and the pop ups, but if I have chatter do anything with the leds it seems to disable butlers lights setup.
    So, if it's critical to get a light notification with new emails it definitely will mess up the butler led stuff. BTW The other butler functions work fine (rocker keys, scrolling etc.)
    Marc,
    I've been playing with chatter now for a few days and it's coming together for me.
    However, I am experiencing trouble hotsyncing. My last hotsync was before chatter. Now my computer and treo aren't speaking at all. No freezes,errors or resets on the handheld just cant find connection.

I tried resets soft, system, power down computer...no go
    Is there a known issue or something I should look for and delete that might be causing a problem.
    I could delete the chatter stuff, see if that fixes things...I just don't want to lose my setup in chatter...I figured I'd get some of your thoughts.
    Thanks once again,
    Pizza
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    NRG, I have Butler and it seems to not work with Chatter. Chatter must not tie into the system alarms as Butler expects. I think this is the case becuase I can go into Prefs>>Sounds and turn off System sounds and Chatter notifications will still work while Snapper will not.

Oh well, solid orange LED will have to do for now.
    pizza - There can't be any relation between Chatter and Hotsync problems like that. The only interaction between them is that Chatter's databases can't be backed up unless Chatter is shut down first. But I hotsync while Chatter is running all the time.

Marc
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    NRG, I have Butler and it seems to not work with Chatter. Chatter must not tie into the system alarms as Butler expects. I think this is the case becuase I can go into Prefs>>Sounds and turn off System sounds and Chatter notifications will still work while Snapper will not.

Oh well, solid orange LED will have to do for now.
    Sorry, didn't realize you had chatter. thought you were talking about the palm's console. Discard my advice then, if you already haven't.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I once had a solitare game that stoped me from hotsyncing so it can be any program