Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My SuperTooth device worked great before the Sprint firmware update, but now that I have applied the update SuperTooth doesn't seem to work right for me. Anyone with a SuperTooth and applied Sprint update having problems????
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes.
    I have a supertooth/supertalk and it won't pair at all !
    Help.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Ouch...just updated and will need to check tonight. Just got the Supertooth last week based on the positive comments on this Board. Had worked well prior to ROM update.
    hhb
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Mine has worked perfectly, before the update.
    I cannot get it to pair now at all. It's too bad because it is a great unit.
    BTW, mine is a supertalk, not a supertooth. Still not sure what the difference is, looks identical, just different manufacturer I guess.
    I have pics in another thread.
    If any of you figure out why it's not working now, please post
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I have updated also, and now my bluetooth will not pair up. I was working just great before the update.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    good news !!
    After about 3 times trying to pair, all of a sudden it paired and is working great as it did before.
    keep tyring to pair it. The only thing I did was turn the phone and the supertooth on and off and then it repaired !!
    Sweeeeeeeeeeetnes.....
    don't give up, just try and try again to repair......
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    make sure you reset the supertooth first...before trying to pair again
  8.    #8  
    I have a SuperTooth and it will pair but, it doesn't work correctly. Here's what happens.

I can pair but incoming calls SuperTooth will not ring. If I make a call with the Treo (out going) SuperTooth will pick it up and work.

I can do a "hard set" on the Treo, pair with SuperTooth and it works fine like before. The first time I soft reset the Treo, it goes back to what I described above. No incoming. So it has to be the update!!

I worked on this all day today and thinking it was a app conflict, but it is the update. I love my SuperTooth. Any suggestions.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Got mine to pair last night on the first try. Did re-charge the Supertooth before attempting. First time connect the Treo soft reset but no issues since. Outgoing seems to work fine but have not tested incoming calls yet.

Just as a data point, my SuperTooth is v3.5.
    hhb
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes,
    I have not tested incoming calls either yet...
    I didn't really think it would be a problem since outgoing worked fine...lol
    I will try today.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  11.    #11  
    after pairing, soft reset the Treo and then try incoming call.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Tested incoming call and mine seems to pick up fine.....fyi
    hhb
  13.    #13  
    now that you have checked and incoming works. do a soft reset and see if incoming still works. Thanks. I'm tring to located my problem, and to see if this is just my Treo or a general problem with the update.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Still works after soft reset.
    hhb
  15.    #15  
    What steps do you take when pairing? and what are your BlueTooth settings. I must just be doing something wrong. A friend has a 650 and SuperTooth and same problem. no incoming and reset.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I just kept trying until mine paird... it took about 4-5 times...
    strange... I almost gave up on it...lol
    working fine now, as it was before the update patch.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    make sure you reset the supertooth first...before trying to pair again

reset the SuperTooth? how? turn it off and thrn back on? what version is your SuperTooth? I have v3.5-7406 (sticker on back of unit)
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Make sure you DELETE the Supetooth from "trusted devices" on the 650 then reset the 650 before you attempt to re-pair after the update. I had that issue on my GSM 650. Removing it from "trusted devices" solved the problem I was having.

Anyone know how to do a FACTORY RESET on the Supertooth device or XXXXXTooth?

They are all the same manufacturer just different resellers with private labels.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Make sure you DELETE the Supetooth from "trusted devices" on the 650 then reset the 650 before you attempt to re-pair after the update. I had that issue on my GSM 650. Removing it from "trusted devices" solved the problem I was having.

Anyone know how to do a FACTORY RESET on the Supertooth device or XXXXXTooth?

They are all the same manufacturer just different resellers with private labels.
    did all that. even did a Hard Reset! This is on the Sprint (CDMA) model. Still no incoming. All this after the update was applied three days ago. Before the update SuperTooth worked flawlessly!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    I too am having problems after the update (ST v 3.5). It pairs fine first try, and works fine on outgoing, but incoming will not ring or connect. I've tried deleting BT files, and soft resets, etc...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast