Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    I too am having problems after the update (ST v 3.5). It pairs fine first try, and works fine on outgoing, but incoming will not ring or connect. I've tried deleting BT files, and soft resets, etc...

Sorry airjoe. I didn't think is was just me, because my co-worker has the same set up and the same problem. Sprint ver with update and SuperTooth v 3.5.
    No incoming.

Sorry but I think we are all just SOL, short of flashing a custom rom without the BT update files in it. Or if PalmOne fixes it. If they do it might be months. I also emailed the factory in the Philippines, but don't expect anything. SuperTooth II is coming soon, be nice if it would work.

Does anyone have a link, or email address for PalmOne support so we can let them know the update caused this problem?

also a temporary fix for incoming calls. Answer call on the Treo, then hold down the answer button on the SuperTooth for about 3 seconds and ST should pick up the call. The downside of this other than having to answer from the Treo is, after you hang up the call, Bluetooth is still active on the Treo so you have to turn BT off then back on.

If anyone has a better solution please post it. I've tried everything, hard resets, re-installing the update etc etc.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Ok, seems like quite a few headsets are affected by the update - anyone know how to reset the Supertooth?

On a related note, how about reseting a HS810?
  3.    #23  
    I was told to let SuperTooth battery totally drain down, then wait at least 2 hours, then charge and repair. I'm still waiting on battery to die, so I haven't tried it yet. I still think to problem lies in the update. hope I'm wrong.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Good luck, but that doesn't sound like a legit reset procedure to me...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Good luck, but that doesn't sound like a legit reset procedure to me...
    I agree, that's just what I was told from the company I purchased from.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Well...? Any luck...
  7.    #27  
    nope battery still alive.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Any luck with the battery draining?? I thought mine was ok too, that was until I read the thread and now find no incoming calls being picked up. Outgoing is fine.
    DJ
  9.    #29  
    a co-worker has one, same problem. his battery on the SuperTooth is dead. I will charge and re-pair tomorrow at work. hope it works.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
  10.    #30  
    drained battery on SuperTooth, recharged and then re-paired, still no incoming calls.

Although a funny thing happen this morning on the way to work. I'm in the car and called my wife at home, at the same time she was calling me. SuperTooth started ringing!! incoming call worked!!! I then ask her to call me back without me trying to make a call, and it didn't work.

So when I got to work we started playing around with it, and found that the SuperTooth will work on incoming calls "if" you are in the process of making a call at the same time.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Ugh... That sucks - hopefully somone figures out a generic solution for all the headsets w/ issues...
    I use Treohelper on my phone to turn on wireless mode and start the network (Internet). After the update I had problems pairing with the phone until I dropped the internet connection. It looks like (theory only) you can have one or the other but not both data connections active. I had paired the devices before I had TreoHelper installed. Once I disabled the automatic Internet connection my Supertooth has been making or recieving calls just fine. I would guess, if my theory is correct, that if your phone connects to check mail about the time you are making a call you will have problems. For people who have mail automatically check every 10 minutes . . .
    Adam West
    Confirmed for mine - if I close the Vision connection, connecting (incoming) to the ST works fine. Unfortunately, I use Chatter, so disconnecting Vision is not an option. UGH!

This confirms it's a firmware issue, and perhaps explains why some people aren't having an issue...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have this problem too. So since not everyone is signed up for Vision (data) and those people have no problems explains why some people are fine. I think this needs to be patched PRONTO. If I have to pull my phone out of my pocket to answer it while I'm driving, then why did I spend the money on this ugly thing sticking to my sun visor?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    BTW, how do you close your vision connection? Is it easy to turn it back on when you want to use Blazer?
    If you don't use Chatter, then you can go to Prefs, Network, and disconnect the Sprint Vision network there. There's probably an easier way...

As far as reconnecting, Blazer should do it automatically when you start it...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    There are two options in Prefs/Network/Service: "PCS Vision" and "Sprint Provisioning". I guess you are saying to set it to "Sprint Provisioning".
    No, when you select PCS Vision, if you are connected, it will have an option in the bottom right to "disconnect". If you aren't connected, it will say "connect".
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Even when I turn off my PCS Vision my SuperTalk is still unable to connect to an incoming call, only outgoing calls. I returned my unit to GoldLantern and they sent me a new one with the exact same problem. I'm probably going to crash and die in my car from having to pull my phone out of my pocket to answer a call instead of hitting the button on my SuperTalk. Good work, PalmOne!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast