1.    #1  
    Could not do the upgrade anyone else have this problem get a message that upgrade not required : The rom version currently installed is more recent then this update .The updater will now exit. Then i go into phone info it says i have 1.03 installed tried a soft reset then tried a hard reset then moved all my palm files and reinstalled the palm hardware with new name and i get the same message. Called sprint support and kept me on the phone for over an hour and he could not fiqure it out. Guess i will be at the sprint store first thing in morning looking for my fourth treo in 4 1/2 months

Fred
    I got that message with a Shadowmite Custom ROM. Once I flashed back to the original 1.03 ROM, it worked flawlessly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  3.    #3  
    Did not do the shadowmite custom rom and i show 1.03 in my phone info

Fred
    Hmmmmm...I might try the reflash to OEM anyway...it can't hurt any. The instructions are at http://www.shadowmite.com. Even with the Shadowmite ROM mine showed 1.03. I wonder if when you returned your previous 650 they gave you a pre-owned one that had a custom ROM on it. Just a thought.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  5.    #5  
    No the replacement was a brand new unit
    I don't know what else to tell you. I think I would try reflashing to stock as I said. What could it hurt at this point? The reflash worked for me without any issues whatsoever, and then after I did that, the 1.08 flash was flawless too. Sorry I don't have anything better to suggest to you...
    Flatten it first -- hard reset, then upgrade.
  8.    #8  
    Did a hard reset changed my name tried all that
    If you can't get it installed maybe if you take it to a Sprint PCS store they can try and if they can confirm it can't be done give you a replacement.