1.    #1  
    [edit: No. Nobody else is having this problem. It was, somehow, just me. I copied the version from my sd card (rather than relying on the one out of my restore) with FileZ and now all is well and working. Thanks to MarkY for the suggestion.]

Since installing the Sprint Firmware Update (1.08) today, I have been unable to create a new backup using BackupMan v1.52. I've not changed anything else since the successful backup that I took just before the upgrade.

Anybody else seeing this?
    Last edited by bklech; 03/23/2005 at 12:24 AM.
    Dunno...Backup Buddy Pro works fine still...
    I updated and was able to run a backup with BackupMan. I didn't try a full restore after but I was able to restore selected files. Did you try reinstalling BackupMan?
    Mine causes a reset after running it.
    Teal Backup worked perfectly!
    BackupMan works fine here.
    Mine performed the backup fine but afterwards it reset with the fatal exception error message.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Mine seems to be having trouble with one SD card over the other (free palm sd card giving me problems).

Is there a way to "reformat an Sd card? I thought I'd give that a try...
    Backupman was my only problem too. it keeps crashing. I'm gonna reinstall and see what happens.
    I use Backupman AND Tealbackup, I don't take any chances , they both worked fine.
    Testing out backupman now.
    Didn't crash after backing up.
    ugh, a reinstall of backupman still isn't working. its says there is not enough "space on the volume" which isn't true.
    no problems w/backupman and 1.08 for me...
    Ok, here's a interesting issue . . . in backupman if you look under device info it gives you how much free memory you have on the card and how much is used on the device, right? well, it lists my device as having used 4,191,201 KB!!! i can't even compute how many megs that would be. in reality i have only used 8.5 megs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    ugh, a reinstall of backupman still isn't working. its says there is not enough "space on the volume" which isn't true.
    Uninstall backupman and reinstall. Make sure that you have the newest version. A new one came out about two weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Backupman is working for me now. In the past, I would have to make sure I wasn't using all my memory on the Treo before starting backupman otherwise it would reset about 3/4 of the way through. Now, I can have my Treo almost fully loaded and backupman will still work. Awesome!
    For those that restored with Backupman after updating ROM, do you think that you got as much memory back as you think you should have? What I mean by this is that I had 2MB free before and now I have 7MB free, but when I add up the apps that are in RAM, it seems like I should have more than 7MB free. I was wondering whether this had anything to do with the fact that BUM was working with the previous NVFS system--would restoring the files backed up while using the previous NVFS system still take up more memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Uninstall backupman and reinstall. Make sure that you have the newest version. A new one came out about two weeks ago.

That did it! I uninstalled 1.51 and installed the updated version (1.52) and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the heads up on the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    That did it! I uninstalled 1.51 and installed the updated version (1.52) and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the heads up on the new version.
    Glad that it worked for you.