Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ja2010
    I have SPCS. I had the same problem after I updated to 1.12. I was able to fix my web by:

clicking in network
    Under service re select PCS Vision
    Re enter password
    Click Connect.

This resolved my error code 0x7301

hth

Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp
    I fixed mine by going into prefs, network and using the drop down boax. Mine had a "copy" of Sprint PCS Vision in there! Once I deleted the copy, it worked.
    Same exact problem..... Thanks guys!
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I just did an esn swaps on 2 650's and one of the 650's ended up with 15 pcs vision copies under net prefs weird huh ....it must be something with a card restore before actually setting up the phone with sprint or at least it seems to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp
    I fixed mine by going into prefs, network and using the drop down boax. Mine had a "copy" of Sprint PCS Vision in there! Once I deleted the copy, it worked.
    tomp,

How did you delete the unwanted network connection?
    select the item you want to delete, click top left and menu pops up, select delete.

Well, thank you guys, this thread fixed my problem very quickly after I received my TREO today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ja2010 View Post
    I have SPCS. I had the same problem after I updated to 1.12. I was able to fix my web by:

clicking in network
    Under service re select PCS Vision
    Re enter password
    Click Connect.

This resolved my error code 0x7301

hth
    If you receive this error, the steps above are correct. Make sure that the service does not say PCSVision (copy)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp View Post
    A similar fix worked for me. For some reason I have two services listed in my Network preferences, one called "Sprint PCS" and another with no name (blank). The one with no name is the only one that works!

The difference with the no-name one (which I'm unable to delete or rename, by the way), is that the "Sprint PCS" service has a setting called "Connection: High Speed Wireless", while on the no-name one, this setting is missing. Also, if I click the Details button, I see that the "Sprint PCS" service has a checkmark for "Mobile IP", while on the no-name connection, the checkmark is gone (not just unchecked, I mean the checkbox is not there).

Hope that helps others who were trying to track down this same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd View Post
    Thanks JA2010, Using your advice I fixed the problem while still on hold with the service desk! My problem was on my brand new Treo 650, the network was listed as "PCS Vision Copy" - go figure. For those less computer savvy people out there:

Tap Prefs icon
    Under Communication tap "Network"
    Your treo may be locked, in which case tap Modify first.
    Under Service select "PCS Vision" (or reselect it)
    Reenter password if you had to reselect PCS Vision
    Click Connect
    Than you very much. My brother gave me his "hand me down" Treo 650- He got a 700. I'm not complainin.

Whenever I get a new gadget, I explore every setting it has. This morning I sent a few email messages, so it was working fine. But I was interested in how the Vision feature was set up, so I was in "Preferences" and I somehow hit the "modify" button, and I had that bogus "Copy 2" in there... I did not know it was Bogus at the time.

I called Sprint Sustomer Service and they were pretty unhelpful, well, they were helpful but the person was not up on 650's, She did not know THIS solution. I had to plead with her to tell me what 0x7301 even meant, and she didn't really know.

The woman told me a procedure that was meant for the 700, once I explained that I had a 650 she had to go get a manual for it! So I got my manual and I found the procedure on page 255 before she did.

I went through the procedure twice and was still getting the error.

So, well, I typed in "0x7301" into GOOGLE and this thread here was the first result, don't ya know! Kinda an old thread, but it had the answer to this problem.

You know you other guys that had this problem, did it "Just start happening" or did you mess around with your Network Profile Settings before it happened?

I want to know if this is a common random occurrence that, er, occurs even without the fiddling with the prefs and profiles?

Once again, many thanx for the solution: This got me right back in.
    Last edited by weAponX; 10/24/2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Typo
    Nice posts guys....worked for me.
    I recently switched to Missing Sync Software with my Treo 650 and Mac and have been getting the error 0x7301. I've followed all the steps as recommend including retyping PCS Vision, unlocking, reassigning the password.Once I reconnect I still the error message. Prior to switching software, I had no problem, but I was unable to link with iSync. Any insights anyone.
    Thanks
    MD
    omg THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH JA2010.

Doing simply what you stated fixed my error message & I am connected back now. Thanks for helping me avoid 3 hours of tech support or a trip to the store where they would have kept the phone for days.
    you are the man.
    oh & yes this was a random occurrence for me. It was working fine one day and I never changed any of the network settings. This treo does a lot of quirky things on its own........pretty annoying. Now mine keeps shutting off when I select p-Tunes...................wtf?
    Just to keep the list going...Thanks JA2010. I had been working on our mail server recently and the firm admin got this error on his phone. Although he didn't say it, you know he was thinking it was me that screwed up his ability to get emial on his Treo.
    Thanks folks, Sprint couldn't answer a damn thing at the store or on the phone. Re-selecting the original PCS Sprint network and typing in my password fixed my 7301 error. Thanks again
    Thanks it worked great. I had two copys of pcs vison deleted the one that said copy and worked great thanks
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
    I got the same issue when I installed PDNET on 2 different computers. The way I resolved it is by going into netowork and found 2 services one said PCS Vision and the 2nd one said PCDS Vision COPY so I switched back to the PCS vision and hit connect and it worked.
    Nearly two year old post fixed my problem. I was only on hold for 10 minutes before I found it, but it surely saved me at least an hour of my life.
    wish i had found this 4 hours ago. Thanks guys
    I got this same problem on my 700p, the same fix worked, thanks!
    I have a treo 700p and the fix worked perfectly.
    Thanks a million.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    As old as this thread is (was) - the fix for 7301 is still a good one. Out of the blue my connection to Power Vision stopped working. I went into prefs and sure enough - there is was "Copy of Power Vision" - Changed the selection to "Power Vision" and I'm up and rockin'

Thanks folks!
    Regards - Randy

Factory Five Racing - Challenge Series - Car #7

Carriage House Custom Automotive
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast