1.    #1  
    Need some help folks....
    Trying to get a good doc reader for my VDX that will read MS word. Also, if I put my resume on my VDX, can I beam it to others?

Thanks for your imput

(I love those smilie things)

Mad Mango
    If we weren't all crazy, we just go insane.
    there are a few options. if you only plan on viewing word docs, not editing them, try Documents to Go. i havent used it personally, but ive heard its very good. tad expensive though. i personally use SmartDoc with some Word converter (i believe its called Word Document Converter, very clever name). It works very well, and smartdoc is great for editing documents with my Stowaway. Not much formatting is kept though when you change a Word doc to a palm doc, while most formatting is kept with Documents to Go. as for beaming, if you use something like Word Document Converter to change your resume into Palm Doc format, anyone with a doc reader on their palm can read it. If you use Documents to Go, the other person needs Documents to go also.
    Originally posted by ejacobs
    there are a few options. if you only plan on viewing word docs, not editing them, try Documents to Go. i havent used it personally, but ive heard its very good. ...
    I've been using Docs To Go, works great. The down side is not being able to edit with it.
    The other bonus with Docs To Go is that it will generate views of MS Excel files as well. But again, you can't edit them.
    I'm using SmartDoc and to sync my Word documents between MS Word and my Visor I'm using Palmdocs.
    Both are working fine. You can find trial versions on PalmGear.com.
    Documents to go is cool, but not being able to edit is a pain and somewhat contrived by that developer ala Bill Gates. I've been using Pedit Pro on my visor and converting with Palm Buddy on my Mac. Then off to Word. The thing about Pedit is that it allows you to write larger files (32k), which I like cause I write short stories.

Terryman