Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That is a new one on me. Even after soft and/or hard resets it says this?
    Yeah,

    It says this even after both hard and soft resets. Maybe I should flash it with it one of Shadows custom roms, then flash it back to original and then try the upgrade. I don't know I am grasping at straws.

    -Ray-
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes, and then some. I edited the instructions (step 2)
    i believe, this is what I have been doing, i will attempt agaain, later tonight, i appreciate your help..thx very much indeed
  3. #63  
    ok, so now... the DUN... anyone reinstall shadowmites rom patch after the update?
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    1. hard reset
    2. attach cable to Treo, and hotsync. Select a new user (give it any name, it's just temporary. DO NOT sync with your original name.)
    3. run the installer program on your PC and follow the instructions it gives.
    4. should be complete. Remove sync cable and do another hard reset. (I can't remember if it does this on its own or you need to do it manually)
    5. attach cable, and hotsync, this time selecting your original user name.


    I " believe" it has now finally been successfull..it went threw the cycle correctly now, reset itself etc, i have nore memory now than whe i started..what other signs to look for that is successfully updated pls?? thx
  5. #65  
    i am trying to restore the rom from shadowmite and when i click on the rom updater it says no rom image directory found installing from device any one know what that is


    Fred
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    what other signs to look for that is successfully updated pls?
    Check the Phone Info screen to see if the version number reads 1.08.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Check the Phone Info screen to see if the version number reads 1.08.
    indeed it does..

    thanks to all for their patience and their help!!
  8. #68  
    I have software 1.03.

    i followed directions excatly.but updater says I have a higher version software no update needed. and cancels install.

    My treo runs great. I wanted to try the update only for volume purposes.
    speaker is hella low. I guess I wont complain.

    I read all the other threads, I must be the only one experincing this.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey3
    I have software 1.03.

    i followed directions excatly.but updater says I have a higher version software no update needed. and cancels install.

    My treo runs great. I wanted to try the update only for volume purposes.
    speaker is hella low. I guess I wont complain.

    I read all the other threads, I must be the only one experincing this.
    You possibly have a custom ROM installed (shadowmite??). If so, you need to restore the phone to the original ROM from Sprint first, restore your backed up data and then run the Sprint 1.08 update.
  10. #70  
    Are you sure your phone needs the update...Just a thought. I followed the instructions w/o have 11mb available. There were several steps/it took a while but it all worked in the end. The only app I had to re-reg. was "Mega-Clock". I can't wait to witnes the improvements
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
  11. #71  
    no SM rom loaded thankx ginola & bdh18,

    I just I tried the 1.08 three more times nothing. strangley the sound is way louder. applications are qiucker, no new memory though. I just want the speakerphone to perform
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    ok, so now... the DUN... anyone reinstall shadowmites rom patch after the update?
    Yes. Seems to be working.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    indeed it does..

    thanks to all for their patience and their help!!
    A big sigh of relief, eh?

    Glad to hear the good news.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #74  
    Originally Posted by jersey3
    I have software 1.03.

    i followed directions excatly.but updater says I have a higher version software no update needed. and cancels install.

    My treo runs great. I wanted to try the update only for volume purposes.
    speaker is hella low. I guess I wont complain.

    I read all the other threads, I must be the only one experincing this.





    have the same problem upgrade not required i tried it with soft resets and hard reset new sync name and nothing each time it synchronizes then at the end i get the upgrade not required message. never used shadowmite rom only patch i put on was sprint roaming.spoke to t-2 at sprint no answers sprint store had no ideas.phone still shows 1.03 and 1025


    Fred
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    A big sigh of relief, eh?

    Glad to hear the good news.
    indeed..thanks
  16. #76  
    Well,

    I am going to give up and bring my phone into the sprintpcs store. I spent 3+ hours with both sprint technical support and palmone support and still no joy.

    -Ray-
  17. #77  
    Originally Posted by jersey3
    I have software 1.03.
    No SM roms

    i followed directions excatly.but updater says I have a higher version software no update needed. and cancels install.

    My treo runs great. I wanted to try the update only for volume purposes.
    speaker is hella low. I guess I wont complain.

    I read all the other threads, I must be the only one experincing this.





    I guess no word on this issue?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey3
    Originally Posted by jersey3
    I have software 1.03.
    No SM roms

    i followed directions excatly.but updater says I have a higher version software no update needed. and cancels install.

    My treo runs great. I wanted to try the update only for volume purposes.
    speaker is hella low. I guess I wont complain.

    I read all the other threads, I must be the only one experincing this.



    I guess no word on this issue?

    Did you update with a custom rom/shadowmite rom/faisal rom?

    if so then you need to restore with the original rom located here...

    http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77

    by the way there are several posts on this


    a search using your terms...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=1307720
  19. #79  
    i have the same message upgrade not required tried hard reset soft reset new sync name and keep getting same message. never used shadowmite rom update thought i will try his rom restoration but i get a message no rom image directory found anyone have ideas

    fred
  20. #80  
    I ended up going on to Shadowmites web-site and in his forum is a thread about the new update. He already has 1.08 set up for SD Card updating. I used it and the update went perfect.

    -Ray-
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions