Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumboender
    Absolutely...
    I know you said you flashed back, but just making sure here, you've got the Original Sprint Restoration ROM, and not just a different SM ROM (Like the Original Voice Quality Patched ROM)?

    Just trying to eliminate the obvious first.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #42  
    For other users: Do NOT perform a hard reset. Palm's instructions explicetly say not to. Perform a SOFT reset when the instructions tell you to. Read the instructions on the site throughly.
  3. #43  
    ok, somone help me out. I have a custom rom. So I need to flash back to the original. Now how do I do that?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    ok, somone help me out. I have a custom rom. So I need to flash back to the original. Now how do I do that?
    Same place as you got the Custom ROM
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #45  
    YEa, thanks. I feel stupid. I read a little further... and now I'm in the middle of the firmware update... then I'll run the updater again. Thanks again.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    YEa, thanks. I feel stupid. I read a little further... and now I'm in the middle of the firmware update... then I'll run the updater again. Thanks again.
    No problem...us Army guys are used to bailing you Marines out. Hooah!!!

    J/K...also, the Original ROM instructions say you need to install the CDMA apps. You can save time if you like and skip over these files if you like. The new ROM will add these in.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #47  
    now you tell me.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    now you tell me.
    Sorry Boss. Posted as soon as I saw your message. Do the extra files take as long as he said they would?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I know you said you flashed back, but just making sure here, you've got the Original Sprint Restoration ROM, and not just a different SM ROM (Like the Original Voice Quality Patched ROM)?

    Just trying to eliminate the obvious first.
    Yeah,

    I flashed back to the original ROM and following Shadowmites instructions EXACTLY. I have tried doing it several times still no joy.

    Anybody-what is your software supposed to say in the phone info screen. Mine says:

    Software: -/1025/103-

    I am wondering if this is the problem as I have heard others say that theirs says 1.03 not what mine is saying.
  10. #50  
    All done here. got the updated firmware. Working fine the last five mins or so.
  11. #51  
    GO NAVY!

    Sorry, I felt left out.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumboender
    Yeah,

    I flashed back to the original ROM and following Shadowmites instructions EXACTLY. I have tried doing it several times still no joy.

    Anybody-what is your software supposed to say in the phone info screen. Mine says:

    Software: -/1025/103-

    I am wondering if this is the problem as I have heard others say that theirs says 1.03 not what mine is saying.
    That is a new one on me. Even after soft and/or hard resets it says this?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    When you hotsync to the new name, you wait until after that hotsync is done before you run the installer, right?

    And did you do what dansamy said, soft reset after you try to install?

    You also say the update shows on your applications.. did you try to run it????
    update does not show in applications,any advice ??
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    update does not show in applications,any advice ??
    perhaps I should just start all over, what should my procedure be please,,step by step. thanks
  15. #55  
    There is no need to do a Hard Reset. If you did it back up all your files and make sure you have 11MB of free data and there you go.

    Al
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    There is no need to do a Hard Reset. If you did it back up all your files and make sure you have 11MB of free data and there you go.

    Al
    i cleared all applications, and it still didnt install
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    There is no need to do a Hard Reset. If you did it back up all your files and make sure you have 11MB of free data and there you go.

    Al
    pls advise..step by step..what i need to do..i only have 6 mb of open mem left now..pls step by step what i need to do..thanks very much
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    perhaps I should just start all over, what should my procedure be please,,step by step. thanks
    1. hard reset
    2. attach cable to Treo, and hotsync. Select a new user (give it any name, it's just temporary. DO NOT sync with your original name.)
    3. run the installer program on your PC and follow the instructions it gives.
    4. should be complete. Remove sync cable and do another hard reset. (I can't remember if it does this on its own or you need to do it manually)
    5. attach cable, and hotsync, this time selecting your original user name.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    1. hard reset
    2. attach cable to Treo, and hotsync. Select a new user (give it anyname, it's just tempory)
    3. run the installer program on your PC and follow the instructions it gives.
    4. should be complete. Remove sync cable and do another hard reset. (I can't remember if it does this on its own or you need to do it manually)
    5. attach cable, and hotsync, this time selecting your original user name.
    after my first hard reset..i will have the needed 11mb memory correct ??
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    after my first hard reset..i will have the needed 11mb memory correct ??
    Yes, and then some. I edited the instructions (step 2)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions