Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    Anyone brave enough to try the update on a 650 with Shadowmite's custom ROM?
    dont know what that is
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    Anyone brave enough to try the update on a 650 with Shadowmite's custom ROM?
    Its been done by several (including myself.) You have to flash back to the original ROM, It won't accept the upgrade otherwise.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Its been done by several (including myself.) You have to flash back to the original ROM, It won't accept the upgrade otherwise.
    you have lost me..dont understand
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    you have lost me..dont understand
    Don't worry...nothing to do with you. Bestoverall asked about upgrading over custom ROM's.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #25  
    [QUOTE=Insertion]Don't worry...nothing to do with you. Bestoverall asked about upgrading over custom ROM's.[/QUOTE

    still lost
  6. #26  
    [QUOTE=intrepid2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Don't worry...nothing to do with you. Bestoverall asked about upgrading over custom ROM's.[/QUOTE

    still lost
    Ignore my comment, it was addressed to Bestoverall, (who asked about upgrading a device that had a Shadowmite ROM.) His question, nor my reply have anything to do with you.

    Now...as to your problem, step by step list everything that you've done.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #27  
    Mine won't update either. I did have a custom ROM but I flashed back to the original ROM. I get a message that Updater cannot update this device. I am trying it on a completely clean device after a Hard Reset and still no joy.

    -Ray-
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ignore my comment, it was addressed to Bestoverall, (who asked about upgrading a device that had a Shadowmite ROM.) His question, nor my reply have anything to do with you.

    Now...as to your problem, step by step list everything that you've done.
    1-downloaded update to my pc..2-did a hrd reset on my trep 650..3-did a hot synch with a new user name..hoping to install update on treo 5-update shows up on my treo.applications, but does not actually install or take place. 6-do another hot synch with my original user name, to install all deleted applications..thanks for the help
  9. #29  
    After the updater installs during the sync, the Treo is supposed to automatically reset itself and the updater executes. Mine failed to do that. So I hit the soft reset to reset it, and when I did the updater began installing during the boot up.
  10. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid2
    1-downloaded update to my pc..2-did a hrd reset on my trep 650..3-did a hot synch with a new user name..hoping to install update on treo 5-update shows up on my treo.applications, but does not actually install or take place. 6-do another hot synch with my original user name, to install all deleted applications..thanks for the help

    When you hotsync to the new name, you wait until after that hotsync is done before you run the installer, right?

    And did you do what dansamy said, soft reset after you try to install?

    You also say the update shows on your applications.. did you try to run it????
  11. #31  
    Look at the hotsync log on your pc and see if the files are being installed. You can do that by clicking on the hotsync icon in the system tray (lower right) and choosing View Log and the name you used to hotsync. The log should have a line for every file installed on your Treo.

    Let us know what you find.
  12. #32  
    As a point of clarification, for me anyway, if somone has the required 11+mb of space available to do the update - is there another reason to do the "new user name sync" thing?
  13. #33  
    Mine does install all the files from the update but does not reset. I just get the message that updater cannot update this device. This is driving me crazy. Oh well it was working fine before maybe I should just be happy.

    -Ray-
  14. #34  
    BTW. After it gives the message it does not reset and all the files are removed from my device because I cannot find them on the device even with Filez.

    -Ray-
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRohde
    As a point of clarification, for me anyway, if somone has the required 11+mb of space available to do the update - is there another reason to do the "new user name sync" thing?
    I did the new user name because I couldnt' hotsync the updater files over without crashing my treo. And I believe all the files have to come over on a single hotsync, the first attempted one. That is why I reset my device.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumboender
    Mine won't update either. I did have a custom ROM but I flashed back to the original ROM. I get a message that Updater cannot update this device. I am trying it on a completely clean device after a Hard Reset and still no joy.

    -Ray-
    Does the message say anything about WHY it cannot update this device?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #37  
    It says "Updater is not compatible with this device. That is all.
  18. #38  
    And you're using a Treo 650 from Sprint?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    And you're using a Treo 650 from Sprint?
    Absolutely...
  20. #40  
    I'd say your didn't effectively flash it back to the original rom and that's causing a problem.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions