Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    From 7 megs to 13 megs !!! Wowwee!!! No issues with update installation or restore from Backupbuddy!!! Wowwee!!!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Man..it's impossible to read through whole threads on this board because of the number of posts.

Regardless...all I know is that after this update the latency issue still exists when I try to dial a person from my favorites buttons.

Has this been brought up in this thread? I mean..this is probably the most annoying thing about this phone. I never know if I've actually hit my voicemail button or have dialed a fav because it doesn't actually start dialing until about 2-3 seconds after you hit it.

Anyone else? Anyone have this update fix the problem?
    Yup, complained about many times but unfortunately no fix or workaround. Most of us have just learned to live with it (or tried to at least)
    After reading through (and experiencing) months of heartache and grief on these forums, I must say palmOne really redeemed themselves.

Thank you P1!!

And the unimpressed should use a Palm III or Palm V for a day to remind yourself of where this all came from.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    It's you : )

Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I can't get over the quality of this update, mainly in the fact of the NVFS. I gained 2.5 megs after the update, and am blown away by other treocentral members reporting some amounts of twice that amount. The volume, and sound clarity are also great. I gotta say palmone definitely picked themselves up on this one, and it makes me feel good, even better now owning a treo 650.
    You know, I gotta give it to Palm. They're the masters of disaster spinning. They give us a buggy mess of a phone in return for being loyal, let us suffer through it and get used to the crap. Months later they release an update that patches a handful of the dozens of issues with the phone and they get people to literally jump for joy at a couple of things working reasonably.

WOW OTHER PEOPLE CAN NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAY OVER THE PHONE! THANKS PALMONE!

I need to remember this if my company ever starts releasing this type of product. Maybe I'll sell a PDA with a color screen that is only limited to grayscale images, and then 5 months later I will release an "update" that makes it finally display 256 colors and people will love me and cheer for my company.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    You know, I gotta give it to Palm. They're the masters of disaster spinning. They give us a buggy mess of a phone in return for being loyal, let us suffer through it and get used to the crap. Months later they release an update that patches a handful of the dozens of issues with the phone and they get people to literally jump for joy at a couple of things working reasonably.

WOW OTHER PEOPLE CAN NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAY OVER THE PHONE! THANKS PALMONE!

I need to remember this if my company ever starts releasing this type of product. Maybe I'll sell a PDA with a color screen that is only limited to grayscale images, and then 5 months later I will release an "update" that makes it finally display 256 colors and people will love me and cheer for my company.

LOL

I don't think you get it, this isn't a normal phone, it's a smartphone a does alot more than your standard cell phone, so PalmOne decided to criple the device and lace it with bugs and skip the whole QA process... You must understand, this is to be expected with any "SmartPhone" it's imposible for a company to release a product thats fully tested and all advertised features work as intended, what's your problem!? If you don't like the bug riddled T650 go find another "SmartPhone"
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Hi All I am now getting ready to upgrade to the new firmware, but I have only 4.8mb available memory (which is weird because I havent added anything new to my Treo 650 from what I had on my 600, which still had about 6mb left) - how do I move things to the sd card? will I still be able to use them or is there anything that needs to remain on the palm memory?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    Hi All I am now getting ready to upgrade to the new firmware, but I have only 4.8mb available memory (which is weird because I havent added anything new to my Treo 650 from what I had on my 600, which still had about 6mb left) - how do I move things to the sd card? will I still be able to use them or is there anything that needs to remain on the palm memory?

thanks
    I would make one final sync (to back up the data), and then hard reset. No worries about space after that!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    [blah blah blah]
    How many times can you possibly say the same thing.

We get it.
    We know your OPINION.
    We are all very happy you have an OPINION, because it proves you have some value in our society.
    We usually don't need to be reminded several times a day what your OPINION is.
    My guess is you don't have the strength to resist responding to this.

But if you do, great!......Please, move on to another topic.

Thanks! Have a great weekend!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    thanks insertion, i was afraid youd say that hard reset word.......
    thanks insertion, i was afraid youd say that hard reset word.......
    It's the easiest route to take. And once the update is completed, and you sync up with your original user name (create a temporary user name for the upgrade), the programs will restore.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The earpiece volume is the same - but yes got 2 free mb of ram
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Would any of you good folks have anything to say to me on this update with regard to a GSM unlocked Treo 650?

Like, when I might expect to have a similar update?

My phone (after I replaced the first, the call volume of which was so low it was unuseable) has worked *fairly* reliably.

But I would still like to have any number of these refinements (including the addditional memory), and hope, for example, that the update will better "regulate" audio/volume issues. For instance, the lowest setting for phone rings and other stuff is, at times, still too loud; whereas the highest setting still results in phone call audio (not external speaker) that is somewhat too low for noisier environments.

So bottom line: has anyone heard about the update for the GSM unlocked version from Palm?

Thank you!

(PS I do understand the bitter complaints of the one contributer. This phone was too expensive for PalmOne to have released with all this shortcomings, and then subject their customers to what they - and I! - have had to go through trying to call any of their numbers. That's a business model no one should accept. But we buy their phones, so......)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpike
    Would any of you good folks have anything to say to me on this update with regard to a GSM unlocked Treo 650?

Like, when I might expect to have a similar update?

My phone (after I replaced the first, the call volume of which was so low it was unuseable) has worked *fairly* reliably.

But I would still like to have any number of these refinements (including the addditional memory), and hope, for example, that the update will better "regulate" audio/volume issues. For instance, the lowest setting for phone rings and other stuff is, at times, still too loud; whereas the highest setting still results in phone call audio (not external speaker) that is somewhat too low for noisier environments.

So bottom line: has anyone heard about the update for the GSM unlocked version from Palm?

Thank you!

(PS I do understand the bitter complaints of the one contributer. This phone was too expensive for PalmOne to have released with all this shortcomings, and then subject their customers to what they - and I! - have had to go through trying to call any of their numbers. That's a business model no one should accept. But we buy their phones, so......)
    Some say April, Palmone site says "Later this year"

A search would reveal several threads including:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

I think that is enough examples. The search button can be your friend if you let it.

As for the bitter complaints of that one person, its not the complaints about the phone itself that bother me. Its the constant ragging of others when they don't have the same complaints that he does.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  16. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    What is up with people all over attorney's cases? The jealousy must stop. You might want to look into something called the client's bill of rights: every billable action must be accounted for. Just because you are corrupt doesn't mean I am or other attorneys who post here for that matter. Why are there so many of you that seem so offended when it comes to those of us with the privilege to practice law? It cost me time and money to get my degree and pass the Bar exam? You might inquire as to what type of law that I practice before you stand in judgment. By the way, if you are wrongly accused of a crime, do you want a shark representing you or Mr. Rogers? Think about it. If you are getting overbilled, than you are just a dumb client. Who is next? The auto mechanic that charges for newly "discovered" repairs? Every profession has unethical people, including your own. Don't make blanket statements. I have not offended you in any way, however you have gone out of your way to offend me. Go back to school and make something of yourself.
    You sound like a whiny ambulance chaser that didn't get his way. Please let us know what type of law you practice so we can stay far away from you.

You are the type of lawyer that gives the profession a bad name - you seem hotheaded, arrogant and not too bright.

That said, why don't you just reinstall windows on your computer and quit whining.....
    Cheers

Charles
    I got 5MB memory improvement, great sound and volume improvement, and a reset every time I use it with my Audi A6!
    aargh..start the upgrade now I find that it is not compatible with Intellisynch...what da do
    aargh..start the upgrade now I find that it is not compatible with Intellisynch...what da do
    What is not compatible? Your upgraded Treo?

no, the upgrade will not work with intellisynch installed. I did the hard reset, since I dont have enough memory (ya need 11mb as you probably know), then tried to hotsynch under a different name as suggested, the hotsynch stopped and said I had a PIm conflict and had to turn the conduit synch action to do nothing, which you cant do in intellisynch...I called Palm one and they said its and intellisynch problem, called Intellisynch they said the upgrade doesnt work with intellisynch installed. Now I am wondering if I unistall intellisynch (will I loose all my data? not be able to synch again with groupwise?, as you can tell im not the techie type) then upgrade, can I then reinstall intellisynch or is it a true compatability issue?

thanks
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast