Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I had one of the Custom roms. So I followed Shadowmites instructions and reverted back to Original Rom. Installed the update 1.08 and everything went fine!

Things I noticible:
    Definitely increase in memory (from 9mb -> 14mb)
    Increased speeds of launching apps on the SD card
    Scala 500 Bluetooth headset seemed louder

Good job P1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Just because my 650 had none of these issues, I'm an "apologist"? Gimme a break!

I don't think anyone invalidated those complaints; most simply didn't experience the issues. Big difference.

If you are really tired of hearing the satisfied users then you always have the right to stop reading their posts. It's a 2-way street.
    I never said I am tired of hearing from satisfied users. I love hearing from satisfied users. I was directly replying to a person who said that THEY were tired of hearing from whinning complainers. I just objected to the non-chalant way that soccrnj80 blew off the issues folks have had with this device just because its a device with an "operating system". As if thats supposed to be an excuse for not making a quality product.

In any case the issues are now resolved aside from the lack of DUN capability and the delay in dialing numbers.
  3.    #123  
    I didn't blow off any issues, I blew off whining, and being insulted beinc called beta testers for palmone. Don't insult people if you can take it.
  4.    #124  
    It wasn't an exuce because it has an operating system. Almost every palm, ppc I have owned that I bought when it first shiiped had bugs, that usually get cleared up by a fix from the maker of the os. I created this thread to hear what I figured I would hear that this fix was damn good, but like always someone has to be negative. Read my posts.
  5.    #125  
    I shouldn't read posts???Thanks MARKEAGLE!! I just read your repsone to his message to me. Thank you. This was a positive thing, if you want to complain about this update not being amazing create your own thread and complain, maybe you'll get 1 or 2 people to agree with you.
    Seems like MORE people agree that this fix was amazing. Don't insult us owners/users that enjoy our "beta" devices, some of us including me had some of the problems that many others had, but when a great fix comes I'd rather applaud it than cry, and whine that it should have been fixed before the device came out.
    I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY BETA DEVICE, AND THE COMPANY THAT FIXED IT. IF YOU FEEL LIKE THESE ARE BETA DEVICES WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU KEEP IT, COMPLAIN WHEN THE COMPANY FIXES IT, AND POST THAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE IT'S RELEASE?? GET OVER IT!!!!
    I for one am not as impressed as many of you seem to be with this update. So I got some more memory, yes, and the bluetooth seems to maintain volume somewhat, but I don't see any real improvements in sound, Scala 500 static, use of apps, etc. In fact, it has now totally conflicted with my calendar app of choice, ksdatebook (which now causes an endless soft reset loop) and I seem to get strange happenings (resets, slow responses, missed calls) more so than before.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    -Hard to quantify, but the decline in P1's stock price. Now there were certainly a lot of other pressures on P1's stock and this, by itself, is not responsible for all of the decline, but it certainly helped push it over the edge (but NOT EV-DO ). There were clearly a lot of people nervous about P1 and the bad press on the flagship 650 hurt a lot. P1's stock would likely have gone down anyway at some point, but the bad memory-buzz combinded with other news to make the drop worse and sooner than otherwise would have been.
    Umm... Yes its true the stock fell but that was only after an almost rediculous speculation spike. Right now its about the same as it was before the 650 release. As I see it the net result is that thier stock value has effectly been un-affected by the Treo 650
    You had me until:
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    If it was NOT a set up, look what had to have happend:
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I shouldn't read posts???Thanks MARKEAGLE!! I just read your repsone to his message to me. Thank you. This was a positive thing, if you want to complain about this update not being amazing create your own thread and complain, maybe you'll get 1 or 2 people to agree with you.
    Seems like MORE people agree that this fix was amazing. Don't insult us owners/users that enjoy our "beta" devices, some of us including me had some of the problems that many others had, but when a great fix comes I'd rather applaud it than cry, and whine that it should have been fixed before the device came out.
    I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY BETA DEVICE, AND THE COMPANY THAT FIXED IT. IF YOU FEEL LIKE THESE ARE BETA DEVICES WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU KEEP IT, COMPLAIN WHEN THE COMPANY FIXES IT, AND POST THAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE IT'S RELEASE?? GET OVER IT!!!!
    If you were paying attention to your entire thread you would have noticed before I replied to your post that I have heaped praise upon this update as it has resolved all the issues I've had with my phone. (Its on page 5 of this thread, the 83rd post.) You need to switch to decafe, this is just an internet forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyder81
    I understand that Palm One's instruction caused a problem with your registry, but this could be fixed with a simple repair of the operating system using the original Windows CD. Palm One may have caused the error, but they did it in good faith while trying to fix a problem for you. Now you are turning around and filing a lawsuit against them? Do me a favor - change my opinion of attorneys by not being such a jerk. Seriously, it was a honest mistake, Spend the 30 to 45 minutes to repair Windows and your problem is gone. You'll waste far less resources doing this and people won't despise your profession. Grow up - attorneys and lawsuits are ruining this country.

Listen, genius: I have spent over 36 billable hours working with them (absolutely no exaggeration, anyone who has attempted to reach their customer service and technical support can vouch for that) and getting them to fix this problem. I am not sure how flexible your hours are at the A & P, but I cannot spend time on other matters that don't pay me when it keeps consistantly having the same result: they CANNOT fix it. Is there good faith in the fact that their level 2 technicians made an appointment with me for 11:00 AM, three times, and did not call me until after 4:30 PM, on all three occassions? I just finished with their corporate engineer and he could not fix the problem. So tell me, how the original windows cd is going to fix a problem they caused in the Hotsynch software as it is now installed on my computer? How does someone responsible for providing tech support, someone supposed to have greater knowledge than yourself about the product and how it interacts with your computer, not be held liable when they make an error, in effect damaging the way it works? My laptop need not be set on fire by PalmOne to have been damaged. You must agree that their original technician that caused the error was negligent. All you need to provie is a duty to provide care in their actions, a breach in that care, causation and damages. All of that is here as a direct result of their own admission. So, should I wait until my 90 Day warranty is up to sue them, becuase they have not fixed it yet, and I only have about a month left? Why should I wait when it has taken a month and all the king's men cannot put Humpty Dumpty back together again? They offer nothing to make good for what they have done other than put another technical support person on it to SUFFICE me. I think you are the one that needs to grow up, son: you only crap on attorneys until you need one to sue someone for you. I have neither the time nor the inclination to change your opinion of attorneys. Yours is a seriously uninformed one.
    Last edited by nicegoogly; 03/24/2005 at 03:55 PM.
  11. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    ......I have spent over 36 billable hours working with them......

For a lawyer that means, what? 20 minutes......?
    Cheers

Charles
    What is up with people all over attorney's cases? The jealousy must stop. You might want to look into something called the client's bill of rights: every billable action must be accounted for. Just because you are corrupt doesn't mean I am or other attorneys who post here for that matter. Why are there so many of you that seem so offended when it comes to those of us with the privilege to practice law? It cost me time and money to get my degree and pass the Bar exam? You might inquire as to what type of law that I practice before you stand in judgment. By the way, if you are wrongly accused of a crime, do you want a shark representing you or Mr. Rogers? Think about it. If you are getting overbilled, than you are just a dumb client. Who is next? The auto mechanic that charges for newly "discovered" repairs? Every profession has unethical people, including your own. Don't make blanket statements. I have not offended you in any way, however you have gone out of your way to offend me. Go back to school and make something of yourself.
    Last edited by nicegoogly; 03/24/2005 at 05:16 PM.
    I went from 12,540K --> 18,320K

That's awesome in and of itself, considering the paltry memory we have to work with in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Did you install the patch Tundy?
    Hey Otter,

Nope... I have a Cingular GSM. As you've probably already heard, that update give only minor improvements..

lol... that's the one I thought everyone was talking about early on in this thread... that's why I got so hot & bothered, because the GSM/Cingular update was nothing to write home about and I was hearing all of these posts about how great it was.. that's what drove me to that angry post, here were all of these people, whom I've come to respect for their treo savy... and they were just swooning over what I thought was the Cingular 1.04... lol.. I went berserk... lol, I'd been having such a great day too. lol.

Do you have sprint?

Hey.. do any of these experts have the ability to literally go in and change the programming in the OS?... that highlighted 'cancel' button in the call log is a real drag about 40-50 times a day for me... seriously, I'm launching this courier service and there are a ton of call backs that require call log call outs... a lot of the calls are in traffic too... argghh.

Anybody good enough to crack into the OS for something like that? I'll chip in $50... and I'll bet we could find 20 other people to do the same.... please? lol. I AM serious about this, by the way.

Thanks.

Cauky.
    (as they say in Prague)
    Ah, I see you mention GSM in a later post.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Hey Otter,

Nope... I have a Cingular GSM. As you've probably already heard, that update give only minor improvements..

lol... that's the one I thought everyone was talking about early on in this thread... that's why I got so hot & bothered, because the GSM/Cingular update was nothing to write home about and I was hearing all of these posts about how great it was.. that's what drove me to that angry post, here were all of these people, whom I've come to respect for their treo savy... and they were just swooning over what I thought was the Cingular 1.04... lol.. I went berserk... lol, I'd been having such a great day too. lol.

Do you have sprint?

Hey.. do any of these experts have the ability to literally go in and change the programming in the OS?... that highlighted 'cancel' button in the call log is a real drag about 40-50 times a day for me... seriously, I'm launching this courier service and there are a ton of call backs that require call log call outs... a lot of the calls are in traffic too... argghh.

Anybody good enough to crack into the OS for something like that? I'll chip in $50... and I'll bet we could find 20 other people to do the same.... please? lol. I AM serious about this, by the way.

Thanks.

Cauky.
    (as they say in Prague)

Good for you for admitting that you jumped the gun!!!

Here's hoping that cingular update is just around the corner
    I am SOOOOOOOO happy with my treo 650. I hate WiFi and there's absolutely NO REASON why Palm should include it. The phone, IMHO, is perfect. I'm actually gonna buy a 650 for my sisters and brothers, one each.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Good for you for admitting that you jumped the gun!!!

Here's hoping that cingular update is just around the corner
    Hey dutch..
    When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong...

and soccrnj80, I didn't mean to offend, it sounds like you're right, the Sprint 1.08 updater sounds great and I'm sure that P1 has one for Cingular just around the corner (fingers are crossed).

I will reserve the right, however, to maintain my purely logical, unemotional stance that, all things considered, the 650, software/firmware/OS-wise is indeed not only "not" a forward step from the 600, but a strong fall backwards.. Again, compare this:

Treo 180/300 > Treo 600 (huge step forward in every possible way)

and...

Treo 600 > Treo 650 (good hardware improvement, ridiculous firmware/software, also, catastrophic miscalculation of impact of new memory system as it pertains to 3rd party software developers)

the details are on my petition site, I'm not in the mood to whip a dead horse tonight.

Cau.
    Hank
  19.    #139  
    GUys sorry if I went on a rant, just gets frustrating reading so many negative comments. Gonna go play with my new PSP to take out some frustration (lol) kidding, but this is such a cool device. I still have had not one random reset since the patch was installed, so I am very happy still. I hope you cingular guys get it soon, I am sure you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    By the way, if you are wrongly accused of a crime, do you want a shark representing you or Mr. Rogers? .
    For better or worse, I've had to hire attorneys from time to time, and some in your your line of work, I hate to say it, have given your profession a bad name. Some have even made my skin crawl. I generally prefer sharp to shark.

Think about it. If you are getting overbilled, than you are just a dumb client. Who is next? The auto mechanic that charges for newly "discovered" repairs? Every profession has unethical people, including your own. Don't make blanket statements. .
    Another sad commentary, comparing Lawyers to Automobile Mechanics. These happen to be two of the least trusted professions according to consumer polls. I wonder why anyone here would get a bad impression of an attorney? The Last Gallup Poll of trusted professions

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/default.aspx?ci=6421

showed that only 25% of people surveyed believe Lawyers "can be trusted", a whopping 70% believe you "can't be too careful" when it comes to attorneys, a few professions rate more poorly (auto dealers). What's interesting about that particular poll is that in general, the more education one has, the more likely they were to be trusted, attorney's are apparently an exception. Makes the high cost of education seem like a misfire in the case of a law degree. Not all professions are created equal I guess.

I have not offended you in any way, however you have gone out of your way to offend me. .
    In your posts, I smell the condescension from here.

Go back to school and make something of yourself..
    Some of us did get educated, own and run businesses, etc.... and have even made good lives for ourselves (at least from the perspective of staring up at your nostrils) and we still know enough not to spend 36 hours with a company that has screwed up our computer.... It might take me one or two hours to figure that out. Seems like a waste compared to say... taking the machine or calling a field tech from a reputable local computer service provider (maybe $100-120 per hour - this job couldn't take more than one hour TOPS), then sending the bill to the company that screwed you up in the first place (that's if you didn't want to try the Windows CD fix suggested here)

You spend less time, they spend less time, if the bill doesn't get paid... why heck you're an attorney, you can take them to small claims lickety split.
    Last edited by jeffhas; 03/25/2005 at 12:21 AM.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast