Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    They never specified a time frame, just that there would be an upgrade to resolve (at that time) the NVFS issues.

I think the cache is restored after the update. I cleared mine last night and then surfed for a while to see if there was any difference, and my available memory only changed by the size of my cache, where before it was a much larger number.
    I have compared specific apps and they are definately smaller. The more records the app has the bigger the difference in size after the update.
    atleast palm gave us free 128MB cards lol
    Not only have I gotten greatly increased memory, stability and bluetooth but the text messaging issue I had is now gone. I had narrowed the SMS corruption down to a conflict with AvantGo. Whenever I would recieve a txt message while AvantGo was open, the SMS database would become corrupt. Now that doesn't happen anymore! I am ecstatic!
    ok, what gives? Tried the update. says I already have a more current update rom on my phone. How could that be? I've had this phone since december. Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    ok, what gives? Tried the update. says I already have a more current update rom on my phone. How could that be? I've had this phone since december. Anyone else have this problem?
    Sounds likeyou have shadowmite custom rom (faisal sound patch) installed. If you do you need to revert to the original state by flashing with the restoration rom from

www.shadowmite.com
    Even before the recent update polls like this one and many others showed that about 80% of Treo 650 owners were satified and able to use their T650 with little problem if any.

Now the recent patch has addressed the biggest concern of the unhappy 20%.

To start with 80% happy, then offer a free SD Card and then offer a patch that fixes the biggest issue of all. I think that's pretty good. And if they were worth tossing scorn on before they are certainly worth heaping praise on now.
  7.    #87  
    GMSCHILLER, I got the same message yesterday, because I had shadowmite's rom on my 650. Go to his website to restore back to your original rom, then the update will work.
    thanks, going to do that now guys. I should have read more, I found the answer 2 mins after posting my question.
  9.    #89  
    I am tired of hearing the whiners on here complain. Some are suing palmone, others think that they should have waited to release the 650 because it was really a beta product we were testing. I have been a palm os user for years, and have tried other os'es in the past. The treo 650 is THE BEST device I have used, period. The same way microsoft and apple release fixes, thats what this was a fix to bugs,annoyances,whatever you want to call it. It's a device with an operating system, there are going to be some bugs, thats life, get over it already. I applaud the great fix they released, it FIXED!!!
    I've had my phone for a few weeks (3-4) and didn't experience a single problem listed here. It has been running just fine with no resets, no voice problems, nothing. I have the Sprint version. I upgraded to the new 1.08 and it has given me around 5 megs more memory. I must be in the 80% that is totally satisfied with this product. So whether or not some on this board want to admit it or not, this phone is by far the best smartphone I have ever used.
  11.    #91  
    thats what I like to hear Pretender
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    HOLY S....!!!
    Nobody is going to believe this but apparently the bigger the waste before, the better the efficiency now! I have a database that I have been lugging around an old palm for because it simply wouldn't fit on the 650 now it fits and them some.

Here are the stats...
    this program has 24,700 records
    Palm m515 2.4meg (was the same size on my 600 as well)
    Treo 650 (pre update) 16.2 Meg (absolutely unusable
    Treo 650 (after update) 2.8meg

Call me what you will, but that is the gods honest truth!
    I never thought they would get it done, but damnit P1 deserves some credit!
    I completely agree with you. This revised system saved me about 8MB of space! I am very pleased.

I am a big believer in positive reinforcement as a motivator, and therefore believe that threads such as this one will encourage Palm One to continue to work to improve this device.
    I just downloaded and installed the Sprint update. I followed the procedures listed on the Pa1mOne web site (which is where I got the download) and everything went without a hitch. Available memory before the install: 4.2M. Available memory after the install: 12.1 MB. I was hoping that the update would fix the connectivity problem I was having with my Scala 500 BT headset, but, alas, it didn't. It looks as though I will be RMA'ing the Scala back for new one. However, if for no other reason than the better memory management, the update is a winner.

By the way, I've had a couple of small bumps in the road with my T650, but overall the performance has been first rate. I'm in that 80% or so of Treo 650 owners that are and have been happy, and would buy the phone again in a heartbeat.
    I'm a happy camper. I have a lot of HanDBase databases on my 650, and it looks like they were just eating massive amounts of excess space with the old allocation scheme. TideTool also uses a lot less space.

With the update, I went from 6.9 MB free to 15.9 MB free!

I didn't have crashes or frequent resets before, so I can't comment on that, but just the extra memory is enough to make me happy.
    notepaper -> palm pilot pro -> handspring visor platinum -> kyocera 6035 -> treo 650
    I'm now at 11.9MB free. I only gained 1 or 2 megs, but that's AFTER I had to move these apps out of my custom ROM and back into main memory:

ZLauncher with AquaWood theme and JPEGLib
    SplashMoney
    SplashID
    FieldPlus
    KB Lights Off
    KeyCaps650
    Snap
    Fixed my probs and saved me 4 MB. Great voice quality and no more resets. Yes, a terrific update indeed.

Yes...Sprint 1.08.
    I think I've gained over 6 MBs! I didn't take a look at exactly what I had before the update, but I do know that I was attempting to delete some apps to get to the required 11MB of Free RAM... I got down to 9.9MB Free and then decided to create a new profile and just Hard Reset and then re-sync back to the old profile... I did all that and now have over 16MB free! Definitely much better than before... Haven't noticed any other changes although I haven't even made a call on it yet since the update... hoping to see a volume difference on my BT Headset. I've been very happy with the device despite its shortcomings... and with this update I think we've got a really solid product. Thanks Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    Not only have I gotten greatly increased memory, stability and bluetooth but the text messaging issue I had is now gone.
    Rumor is the Sprint update also gives ya an extra two inches!

Thanx P1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Rumor is the Sprint update also gives ya an extra two inches!

Thanx P1!
    hahahahaha.....if only it were true!!
    life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
    With the ROM patch in place, I'm wondering how much easier it will be to upgrade/synch apps and data from a T600 to a T650 (for people who have waited on the fence), and if so, has p1 updated its instructions page to reflect the new ROM/updater.

###