Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    This update is awesome! Not only did it resolve my volume issues, memory utilization, etc, but it also resolved an issue with my wife's sex-drive! Way to go palmOne, I'm one happy sexed-up customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    The only way any one gained memory is if you didn't sync all your data back and didn't reinstall VoiceDial. This update doesn't free up memory. Plain and simple. Stop fooling yoursevles
    I guess I was a little hasty as I was referring to the AT&T GSM update. The CDMA update looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Do you think a little update is gonna stop 'em? Tomorrow, they'll be bashing all of its faults.
    sad....

chin up Mark! Think good thoughts so Palmone can send me an update for GSM.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    O'mgosh, stop it.... just... <removed> stop it!

Granted, any improvement is exactly that... an improvement... but cheese and rice!

......more usual blah blah curse blah curse blah

Did you install the patch Tundy?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Will I have to reinstall Shadowmites DUN patch, or will that get put back on after the Hot Sync?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Is total ignorance a ban-worty offense?
    he is probably thinking this conversation is about the cingular update
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    GSM Update - solid performance over the last few days, more memory as well.

I recommend everyone ought to give it a shot.
    It is not a GSM update. It is a Cingular update only
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by jefftk1
    Will I have to reinstall Shadowmites DUN patch, or will that get put back on after the Hot Sync?
    Thanks
    You'll have to reinstall. Don't know how well it works after though...(haven't tried it with the new ROM yet.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Let's get something clear: The update WORKS great, but PalmOne should not be praised in any way for fixing a device that they KNEW was this buggy before release. There are a myriad of issues PalmOne needs to resolve that a patch won't fix (I know, not exactly theforum). First and foremost, their customer support and technical support. Their Level 2 had me play with my system registry (after I told him I wanted nothing to do with changing anything on it) and caused a permanent error on my new laptop. I had to go all the way up to corporate customer service (let me know if you need the number) and all they did was offer me a 25 dollar gift certificate at the Palm Store, not the Treo Store...does that make sense? They admit they caused the error on my computer but will now do nothing except continue to have an engineer (third one this time) work with me. They are authorized to do nothing esle. I have already filed a lawsuit against them for the damage to my computer and have received their records stating they admit to causing the error on my computer that they cannot fix it (hotsynch looking for a notifier file "packinst.dll"). I'll let you guys know how that goes. At the very least, it will cost them more cheddar to deal with my lawsuit than to have done something for me to begin with. I'm an attorney so there are no fees other than filing fees to me which I am seeking in my complaint. I didn note, Olerr error that many of us have had, some have fixed it, some have used Chapura Pocket Mirror Standard XT, like myself to fix the issue. The matter is currently under investigation according to the website. A flatout admission to a design defect that could prove costly to palm in the event of a class action suit.

In sum, I am happy to have the update, which is great, except my Bluetooth headset requires a button push to activate the microphone as to just an automatic pick up. But to praise palm for fixing glaring errors upon release of the phone is like thanking a doctor for removing the scalpal he left in you after an appendectomy.

In addition, Tundy needs to get with the program. If he isn't c*rs*ng, he's lying.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Please Re-read my post. I said it absolutely free'd up memory. My biggest hog has a footprint very close to what it was on the 600!
    Did I quote the wrong person? oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Did I quote the wrong person? oops.
    See here

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    This update is awesome! Not only did it resolve my volume issues, memory utilization, etc, but it also resolved an issue with my wife's sex-drive! Way to go palmOne, I'm one happy sexed-up customer.
    Hahahahahahahahaha! Did you have to "hard-reset" your wife after the install...lol don't answer that!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I have had my Sprint Treo 650 for two months now. Love it and have had none of the listed problems I have read about in this forum in regards to resets, poor quality and such. It worked right out of the box and has kept working without any conflicts.

This update 1.08 certainly worked for me. I was configured down to 5.7mb of available free memory prior to the update. I now have 11.7mb free!! That is a 6mb gain!! In other words: I went from "18mb" of memory used --- down to "12mb" used. Sounds like 33% saved to me and a full remedy to "lost" memory between the Treo 600 and the Treo 650.

Best Palm I have ever had. (And I do harken back to the Pilot days.)

Cheers!
    Incredibly happy with the update and the 650 in general. The update was pretty easy and increased my memory from 11.5 to 15.3MB. The phone app is snappier, the Bluetooth quality is better and the BT Volume is way up with the Jabra 250.

Nice going P1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    Let's get something clear: The update WORKS great, but PalmOne should not be praised in any way for fixing a device that they KNEW was this buggy before release.
    I disagree, tho' only a little bit. They should be praised for finally releasing the patch. But we should not forget that they released a product prematurely in the first place, and everyone should keep that firmly in mind the next time around. And we should not forget that there are still issues people are having and that further updates should be released, and in a timely fashion.
    Can somebody tell me if this update was for Sprint or Cingular. I did a firmware update my cingular phone and it did not free up any memory or provide any performance gain. It did, however, cause my perfectly soild, non-resetting 650 to have major problems. I figured out that allot of it had to do with BackupBuddyVFS and Installmanager. Everything is solid now, and BackupBuddy will not be reinstalled until they have an update. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    Can somebody tell me if this update was for Sprint or Cingular. I did a firmware update my cingular phone and it did not free up any memory or provide any performance gain. It did, however, cause my perfectly soild, non-resetting 650 to have major problems. I figured out that allot of it had to do with BackupBuddyVFS and Installmanager. Everything is solid now, and BackupBuddy will not be reinstalled until they have an update. Thanks!
    Sprint phones ONLY!

Still not buying one because 32MB is a joke. Didn't they promise this update any day back in december? I'm glad the 650 is finally usable 5 months after it shipped, but I agree with those who think Palm is being overpraised for finally getting it sort of right.

Also, is some of the free ram because browser caches are now empty or does restoring after the update restore those too? I often gain several megs after a hard reset and resote but it evaporates after I sync avantgo again.
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    Didn't they promise this update any day back in december?
    They never specified a time frame, just that there would be an upgrade to resolve (at that time) the NVFS issues.

Also, is some of the free ram because browser caches are now empty or does restoring after the update restore those too?
    I think the cache is restored after the update. I cleared mine last night and then surfed for a while to see if there was any difference, and my available memory only changed by the size of my cache, where before it was a much larger number.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    ...I'm glad the 650 is finally usable 5 months after it shipped, but I agree with those who think Palm is being overpraised for finally getting it sort of right....
    Nothing personal, but this is one of those kind of quotes that really bug me. The Treo 650, warts and all, was truly usable BEFORE the upgrade. If you could use ZLauncher or PowerRun, there were no real memory problems, now it is even better (can't wait for our upgrade). My sound quality has been fine (admittedly GSM) and no random resets, etc.

I know some of you have had these problems, but this constant whining that the original 650 is/was a POS is over the top. It was already much more than "sort of right" to begin with.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast