Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Good to hear many people praising the update...now I just need for unlocked gsm
    Quote Originally Posted by techyogi
    anyone know if i'd have to re-verizon my sprint 650 if i install the update?
    Could someone with a Verizonized Sprint 650 who has done the update please answer this person's question? I am curious too. Thanks.
    ~'kito
    The only way any one gained memory is if you didn't sync all your data back and didn't reinstall VoiceDial. This update doesn't free up memory. Plain and simple. Stop fooling yoursevles
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    The only way any one gained memory is if you didn't sync all your data back and didn't reinstall VoiceDial. This update doesn't free up memory. Plain and simple. Stop fooling yoursevles
    FYI... You obviously have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about!
    Last edited by sxtg; 03/23/2005 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    FYI... You obviously have absolutely know idea what you are talking about!
    No kidding
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Yes I agree. I went from 36% free to 65% free!! I couldn't believe it!!
    Is total ignorance a ban-worty offense?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Is total ignorance a ban-worty offense?
    I don't know, but it sure should be. I went from 4.7 MB to 10.2! I am truly impressed.

I was extremely leery about the update initially because my unit worked flawlessly. I only had the occasional complaint about voice quality (I used a Shadowmite ROM w/voice patch), and my HBH-660 won't be here for a couple of more days, so I had no experience with the BT volume issue. I can say that my phone seems to work just as good as before, and I have almost twice the memory!

For anyone who hasn't done this yet, a good backup program seems to make things go much more smoothly. I use BackupbuddyVFS and it works great.

GREAT JOB PALMONE!!!
    HOLY S....!!!
    Nobody is going to believe this but apparently the bigger the waste before, the better the efficiency now! I have a database that I have been lugging around an old palm for because it simply wouldn't fit on the 650 now it fits and them some.

Here are the stats...
    this program has 24,700 records
    Palm m515 2.4meg (was the same size on my 600 as well)
    Treo 650 (pre update) 16.2 Meg (absolutely unusable
    Treo 650 (after update) 2.8meg

Call me what you will, but that is the gods honest truth!
    I never thought they would get it done, but damnit P1 deserves some credit!
    Last edited by sxtg; 03/23/2005 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Let me ask, did they address the Call Log 'cancel' button issue?... man would that a good start! and soft buttons, are y'all finding that a 2nd press isn't as neccessary?... not being a jerk.. I'm truly interested.
    The Call Log cancel button isn't a bug in my book, but even if it's not what you want, it HARDLY qualifies to be at the top of the list of complaints.

What do you mean by the soft button second press? Do you mean in the phone app when the screen is dimmed? That is definitely a feature!! When the screen is dimmed, it is idle and needs a press to wake up. Would you like a press on a darkened screen (i.e., a screen that may be unreadable to you) to register?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    GSM Update - solid performance over the last few days, more memory as well.

I recommend everyone ought to give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    GSM Update - solid performance over the last few days, more memory as well.

I recommend everyone ought to give it a shot.
    where did you get a GSM Update? I didn't think it was available yet.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I believe that pabo is referring to the Cingular GSM update.
    I have the Palm One unlocked GSM model with the newest latest most updatedest firmware and it works great ..... no crashes, no resets (so far) .... but I can't hear anyone when they talk unless I climb into the trunk of my car and close it ... or find a 300' deep well to jump into ... or an empty stall in the mensroom. Palm did have a fix for me though. After 1 hr 27 minutes on hold they said I should turn up the volume. I do thank them for that.

You need to add "SPRINT UPDATE" to the subject of the thread.
    I can even put Bejeweled and AvantGo back on my device. I know it should have been this way all along, but I still love this update.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I can even put Bejeweled and AvantGo back on my device. I know it should have been this way all along, but I still love this update.
    But sxtg said it didn't free up memory. How did you fool yourself into installing those items?

I got 3+ more megs after the restore.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    both GSM and Sprint updates are now available on the PalmOne webite.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    But sxtg said it didn't free up memory. How did you fool yourself into installing those items?

What's even better is that since the memory system has improved, my bet is we don't need as much free memory as before to reduce crashes. This update is AMAZING. :-)
    Ignorance is bliss...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris

Please Re-read my post. I said it absolutely free'd up memory. My biggest hog has a footprint very close to what it was on the 600!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast