Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yeah...I guess I was proven wrong. <sigh> so much for hoping...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Mark E: Fair enough.

2000man: Whining and crying eh?
    So you didn't read the post... you stopped after the first sentence and don't concur with any of it?... then I can't help you. sorry. I call starting a website petition doing something... anything.

Guys (and girls)... read my lips... This is NOT a fix... not even close... it's a pacifier, a very very minor improvement in vast field of menu glitches and user interface problems and...

... oh for crying out loud, I've got better things to do... seeya.
  3.    #23  
    then do them, and stop trying to call what we think is a great fix, in your words "a pacifier" you are totally trying to just be a downer, and make it like us being happy with a REAL FIX a weak thing. If this is not a fix, and not even close what did you have in mind?? Just be happy for God's sake, why does someone always have to try and ruin others excitement and enjoyment?? It's not even worth your responding to, as you can see treo 650 users are MORE THAN HAPPY with palmone's fix, and could care less about your negativity.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Will the update fix my broken audio jack? Oh well
    The update sounds great - now we'd like to see it on the GSM side of the house - and we'll praise it when it arrives -
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Mark E: Fair enough.

2000man: Whining and crying eh?
    So you didn't read the post... you stopped after the first sentence and don't concur with any of it?... then I can't help you. sorry. I call starting a website petition doing something... anything.

Guys (and girls)... read my lips... This is NOT a fix... not even close... it's a pacifier, a very very minor improvement in vast field of menu glitches and user interface problems and...

... oh for crying out loud, I've got better things to do... seeya.
    Uh, it was the last sentence. Nice try. Feel free to resume whining and crying.
    Mods delete my post all the way back to tundys and get this back on topic...
    tundy...start a new thread elsewhere to continue this
    tundy

You're rant just makes no sense. Its like a little kid who knows he's wrong and just increases teh volume to overcome reality. I am shocked that PalmOne got this out the door this quickly; I just hope the Cingular version is out shortly.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    To answer the question as originally formulated, it isn't just you, this update is amazing.
    I don't know how amazing it is...I'll be holding my breath for a few days. But so far, I've gained 5MB of memory, and the BT volume seems better. I'll know for sure when I drive to work tonight.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    tundy

You're rant just makes no sense. Its like a little kid who knows he's wrong and just increases teh volume to overcome reality. I am shocked that PalmOne got this out the door this quickly; I just hope the Cingular version is out shortly.
    Are we not discussing the Cingular 1.04 firmware updater?
    Come to think of it, the very first post in this thread made no indication which platform he was referring to...

Correct me if I'm wrong, been wrong before.
    I mean't which carrier, not platform
    I mean't which carrier, not platform
    This refers to the sprint updater 1.08
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    This refers to the sprint updater 1.08
    Well that explains alot... thank you for the clarification...
    May I suggest that the author of a new thread be a little more specific.

I have Cingular, so I have no idea about the benefits of Sprint's updater.

Let me ask, did they address the Call Log 'cancel' button issue?... man would that a good start! and soft buttons, are y'all finding that a 2nd press isn't as neccessary?... not being a jerk.. I'm truly interested.
    Well that explains alot... thank you for the clarification...
    May I suggest that the author of a new thread be a little more specific.

I have Cingular, so I have no idea about the benefits of Sprint's updater.

Let me ask, did they address the Call Log 'cancel' button issue?... man would that a good start! and soft buttons, are y'all finding that a 2nd press isn't as neccessary?... not being a jerk.. I'm truly interested.
    No to cancel. (Although this is a bug to some, not to others)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Are we not discussing the Cingular 1.04 firmware updater?
    Come to think of it, the very first post in this thread made no indication which platform he was referring to...

Correct me if I'm wrong, been wrong before.
    Considering the original poster talked about RAM improvements, methinks you already knew.
    hey all - just logged on for the first time today - this was the first thread I've read and now I'm truly excited. I can't wait to Flash back to the original ROM then pop in the update.

Tundy - weather it's Cingular or Sprint, your points are clear - May I humbley suggest we simply enjoy the samll victory today. Palm / Spritn has finally given us something. Let's allow this to settle in, and some time for testing. Then we can return to the big picture.

Wow - Insertion said he gained 5mb back - That's Awesome. If I achive that, I'll be the next post to dare to use the word - Amaz***!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    B-Model:
    Yes, be excited. I gained just under 5mb and my phone has spontaneously (post-install) stopped resetting (going on 7 hours now). If this continues, PalmOne and SPCS will get big kudos from me!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Considering the original poster talked about RAM improvements, methinks you already knew.
    RAM?

Where?

and what is that?
    Tundy, the Cingular update makes no mention of RAM improvements. The Sprint one emphasizes it as much as possible. Users here are talking about wonderful RAM improvements.

We'll give you a minute to think this over and come to your own conclusion.

Yes, we're all talking about Sprint. Sorry Cingular hasn't released the update to you yet, but rest assured, the folks at PalmOne have done the work we all requested, and did a damn fine job. As soon as Cingular makes whatever carrier-specific changes they need, you'll have it.

PlamOne, bravo!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast