View Poll Results: How is Sprint Treo 650 Updater 1.08 working for you?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Works great, does what they said it would do!

133 76.88%
  • Does what they said it would do, but now I have other new issues - please specify

13 7.51%
  • I dont' notice any "Overall voice quality improvements"

10 5.78%
  • No "Internal setting modification to allow correct access to Sprint Affiliate roaming"

0 0%
  • No "Non-Volatile File System improvements"

1 0.58%
  • No "TTY (also known as TDD or Text Telephone) optimizations and improvements"

1 0.58%
  • No "Optimizations for data calls"

0 0%
  • No "VersaMail 3.0c which provides greater stability and improvements"

1 0.58%
  • No "Bluetooth Carkit drivers"

0 0%
  • I don't have a Sprint Treo 650, so I can't use this patch

21 12.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Treo 650 Updater 1.08

Just wanted to get a poll going to capture the data numerically.

(If you wish there were more choices in this poll, remember the max is 10 for a thread .)
  2.    #2  
    So far everyone that installed the patch thinks it works great. This would be unprecedented if everyone agrees this patch is good .
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Any idea when an update will be available for other Treo 650 models?
  4.    #4  
    Still 100% positive for all that installed it and responded to the poll. That really is incredible!

Can't say I know when it will be available for other models.
    Wow I am shocked too. Hope this keeps up!

BTW, I am looking for data on what is fixed and what still needs addressing in a constructive way on this post. Please add any usefull info.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...646#post611646
    thansk!
  6.    #6  
    Every other patch I've ever seen for any Treo included some cries of "don't install it" from some who had a bad experience. Even I wish I did not install the last Treo 600 update, but my T600 was part of the known "defective" ESN range and the last patch just made for new problems.

This T650 patch has received virtually no complaints. Some people are having to overcome some issues, but no "don't do it" statements have come out AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Dare I say, this might be the best working Treo patch ever created!

It appears to be an overwhelming success!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Every other patch I've ever seen for any Treo included some cries of "don't install it" from some who had a bad experience. Even I wish I did not install the last Treo 600 update, but my T600 was part of the known "defective" ESN range and the last patch just made for new problems.

This T650 patch has received virtually no complaints. Some people are having to overcome some issues, but no "don't do it" statements have come out AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Dare I say, this might be the best working Treo patch ever created!

Oh..now you went and did it... LOL
    Perhaps they have learned a little from the 600 and 300?
    Spot on!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  9.    #9  
    I think the words "worth the wait" for those having issues is a fitting statement .

And yea they've learned something from the past, cause I never thought the response would be this good.

Sure it took them some months to get it out. But hey, it appears they got it right. So the time taken in development/testing to me has proven to be time well spent.
    I started a thread on here "is it me or is this update amazing". I still can't believe how great it is. This has been the smoothes palm udate I have used, and the results are outstanding. More memory, clearer calls, louder volume. Great job palmone.
    I got more freed up memory but no other noticable differance. Since I had enough memory before the update, I don't notice a differance.
    Memory & better sound for me.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I didn't vote, mainly because I have no idea about TTY or the Data Optimizations.

What I do know is that I went from 12.3MB free to nearly 18MB free. I can also use my Moto 820 without road noises drowning it out.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've got a ton more memory, Goodlink works fine, Mergick VPN client works great, Express works fine, Bejewelled, PDAnet etc.. They all run from RAM without a problem. I'm soo freakin happy with this update. I can't express it enough.
  15.    #15  
    Well after seeing everyone else verify this is the best update ever made for a Treo I decided to actually apply it myself tonight . I was in no rush and wanted to see about any potential issues first. Like having to disconnect my BT headset first .

Well my update went flawlessly. The PalmOne instructions worked perfectly for me, although they don't mention anything about disconnecting a BT headset first, just in case I disconnected mine ahead of time.

After the update I had an extra 4.4MB free and did notice the volume enhancements right away. The old volume was OK with me, but now it really is louder than before.

So I'm another satified upgrader .

That's because it couldn't get any worse. What did people have to lose? Nothing really, so it only stands that it would change for the better. It still doesn't have the memory of the Treo 600 and the phone apllication is still slower than the Treo 600. I can't believe people are not complaining about the promise of Bluetooth DUN access and the promise of wi-fi sd card compatability. This should tell you something about the dire and desperate situation. Does the keyboard dim with the screen yet as they promised it would in their road shows?

I hate to be such a dark stormy cloud here but step back and realize that Palm is no saviour.
    It is a must have update. If you don't have it you must have issues.

Al
    My memory is everybit as efficient as it was with my 600
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    That's because it couldn't get any worse. What did people have to lose? Nothing really, so it only stands that it would change for the better. It still doesn't have the memory of the Treo 600 and the phone apllication is still slower than the Treo 600. I can't believe people are not complaining about the promise of Bluetooth DUN access and the promise of wi-fi sd card compatability. This should tell you something about the dire and desperate situation. Does the keyboard dim with the screen yet as they promised it would in their road shows?

I hate to be such a dark stormy cloud here but step back and realize that Palm is no saviour.
    Well as I often must remind the discontent 20% most (80%) of us were OK even before this patch so no it was not "so bad".

Given that I had a lot to lose because I was not having any big issues at all.

The file system changes are about as old a discussion as there is. The update has provided more space and P1 already gave free 128MB SD cards to people before the update. But even a free car would not be enough for some .

Patches for things like Bluetooth DUN are in the works. Better that they addressed the issues the discontent 20% complained about most first.

A company with revenue up 18% is pretty far from being desperate.

Of course if you have some major issues with P1 there are plenty of other devices out there for you to choose from .
    I've noticed improved voice/call/speaker quality but the BT still blows.

My Jabra 250 still wrecks havoc on a call when I use it.

Overall, very good update.

Anyone with a Jabra 250 wanna chime in?
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast