1.    #1  
    I know T-Mobile says you need the $19.99/month data plan in order to access the Internet via Blazer or any other PalmOS browser; however, I have a sneaky suspicion the $4.99/month Unlimited T-Zones will allow me, as well.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!
    I too would like to know who and how many people are willing to admit they're using T-zones on their Treo, even though T-mobile has been locking down access for several months.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
  3.    #3  
    Bump? I need Internet quick on this phone, and don't want to spend $20 if I can only spend $4...

Feel free to PM me if you don't want this public knowledge
    Last edited by Amrcanpoet; 03/23/2005 at 10:31 AM.
    I use TZones (grandfather in a @$2.99 a month). Just popped in my SIM and set the proxy as listed here on this forum (do a search)...has worked fine. You don't need the $20 a month plan
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  5.    #5  
    Any confirmation that this proxy setting still works?

Proxy Server: 216.155.165.50
    port: 8080
    Seems to vary by area.
    I use the $4.99 T-Zones with the proxy as above but doesn't work in Blazer, have to use Xiino. Also, doesn't work for some secure websites (e.g. Hotmail).

For the secure sites, I use CSD to an ISP.
    Works with Blazer for me..and no problem with hotmail or gmail either. Again...it seems to vary by geographic region...so YMMV
  9.    #9  
    Anyone in Southern California using this without issues? I've gone and signed-up with the 4.99/T-zones plan...
    T-Mobile now posts instructions on how to set up your Treo 600 to work with T-Zones, but not all of the T-Zone perks work. T-Zones won't get you on the internet, just get you email. If that's all you want, go for it.
    TZones gets me the full internet in Blazer...at least in my state it does.
  12.    #12  
    Well, signed-up for the $4.99 unlimited T-Zones, applied the Proxy settings, and I'm good to go. It works. And, I'm running Blazer, so minimal fuss with 3rd party apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrcanpoet
    Well, signed-up for the $4.99 unlimited T-Zones, applied the Proxy settings, and I'm good to go. It works. And, I'm running Blazer, so minimal fuss with 3rd party apps!
    Cool...looks like Michigan isn't the only place this is still working!
    I gotta move...
    Works in Houston
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I travel quite a bit and have used T-Zones in a few states (Georgia, Maryland, Texas, Arizona, New York) and it works just fine. By default you get email support so they don't block standard SMTP ports. When in Blazer, you can configure a proxy which gives you access to HTTP (port 80). This works in Blazer, but if you have another app which needs to use this port or other ports (port 21 for FTP, etc.) you will more than likely have problems. The T-Mobile Internet plan doesn't have any port restrictions, so T-Zones should work for people with regular use (Web, Email, etc). I use the following proxy:

Proxy: m32a59bd8.tmodns.net
    Port: 8080

I use this on just in case they switch IP addresses.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}