Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have just ordered my first ever Palm device - a Treo 650. I have bought a Piel Frama case to protect it, as I guess it is quite easy to scratch the screen.

Would it be worth my while investing in some screen protectors as well? Or are they more hassle than they are worth?

I have not owned a PDA before, so any advice would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by awoodvine
    I have just ordered my first ever Palm device - a Treo 650. I have bought a Piel Frama case to protect it, as I guess it is quite easy to scratch the screen.

Would it be worth my while investing in some screen protectors as well? Or are they more hassle than they are worth?

I have not owned a PDA before, so any advice would be appreciated.
    IMO they are a must. I use G2's from PDAscreenprotectors.com. I would do a search if I were you because they are quite a few out there and the folks on TreoCentral have some good things to say about some of the others available.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have both the martin fields overlays and the boxwave anti-glare clear touch....the boxwaves rule teh big one1111!!
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Personally, I am not a fan of screen protectors. A leather case, like yours, is all I need. I am in the minority here. They are relatively cheap. Give 'em a try.
    ^see i would go naked as well...but sometimes i use my finger or my lead pencil as a stylus...or whatever i have in my hand
    I got the boxwave ones from the TC store and they're great... Dont at all mind them being on. It's an extra security blanket. Go for it.
    I often carry my treo in my pocket with just a skin case and a screen protector. No coint/junk scratches on it yet - <crosses fingers>
    dp
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your replies - I am going to buy some and see how I get on with them.
    I'm coming up on two months of front pocket storage with screen protector only, and it's still in perfect condition.

Can anyone compare the Boxwave, Javo, Cleartouch, Exim...etc. Are there any benefits to one brand?
    Quote Originally Posted by ovrdrvn
    Can anyone compare the Boxwave, Javo, Cleartouch, Exim...etc. Are there any benefits to one brand?
    Boxwaves suck because they arent 100% clear so they give your screen a small, distorted look. they also arent very thin thus they cause your screen to loose some touch sensitivity.

now on the other hand, EXiM screen protectors are very thin and they are 100% crystal clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    Boxwaves suck because they arent 100% clear so they give your screen a small, distorted look. they also arent very thin thus they cause your screen to loose some touch sensitivity.

now on the other hand, EXiM screen protectors are very thin and they are 100% crystal clear.

On the forums, people seem to say that 100% clear with no anti-glare isn't as good...some anti glare truly helps...does Exim have that?
    On the forums, people seem to say that 100% clear with no anti-glare isn't as good...some anti glare truly helps...does Exim have that?
    negative on the anti-glare w/ the EXiM protectors but thats okay w/ me.

I am hardly ever in a situation to where I'm looking at my phone's screen in super-bright sunlite.

I just dont like how the Boxwave distorted my screen. I was spoiled by the EXiM's 100% clearness transparency instead.
    The Ultraclear protector plus ones from Brando are quite superb. You simply cannot tell that they are on, i would highly recomend them.

http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    We offer ClearTouch Crystal, also

It offers a 99% visual transparency and will retain the full color vibrancy of your handheld's screen.

As far as the ClearTouch Anti-Glare is concerned, although it may not offer the visual transparency the Crystal does, many users love its "pen on paper" feel that the matte finish gives. Of course, the Anti-Glare characteristic is the key factor that many people need if they work outside or in brightly lit places.

Cheers,
    Cho
    If they are easily removed, it might be useful to have both for different situations?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    If they are easily removed, it might be useful to have both for different situations?
    Hi Ovrdrvn,

We definitely allow customers to mix and match the 3-Pack ClearTouch. This option is not available online so you'll have to "custom order" them with us. If you email customerservice@boxwave.com, they would love to assist you with your request.

Cheers,
    Cho
    The problem I have with the Boxwave Crystal product is that:

1. It always seems to bubble in the corners or along the edges.

2. The smallest speck of dirt under it causes a bubble. It's next to impossible to put one on without getting a small bubble.

I would prefer using a clear product but the anti-glare doesn't cause these problems so that's what I'm stuck using.

I personally think Write Shields are great too.
    I use a screen protector because I can't stand the grease that gets on the screen from using the phone (no smart remarks). I bought these on ebay and they have really been great. Fit perfect.

http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'm using martin fields overlayplus protectors. they are superb.

used javoedge first - terrible.
    with overlays you cannot tell they are there at all.

hofo moto, you've got both boxwave and overlays, do you think boxwaves are better?
    I gotta have more cowbell