1.    #1  
    Just this morning, my T650 suddenly can't seem to download more than 250K during a GPRS session. It doesn't matter if I try to download one big chunk of data (like http://cnn.com) or alot of little wap sites. As soon as the session reaches about 250K, it just stops downloading data. If I want to resume browsing, I need to disconnect and reconnect. But then the same thing happens again when I hit 250K.

Anyone else?

I have the MediaNet Unlimited plan. Of course I've been told several times by Cingular CS that I need the PDANet plan, to which I replied "no way". MediaNet has worked fine for me up to this point, but maybe now they've found a way to enforce the no-MediaNet-for-PDAs policy? I hope not. If I really have to pay $40/month for slow, bursty data with no MMS or SMS, I'm cancelling my 17-day-old contract and looking elsewhere.
    I'm on the MediaNet Unlimited plan, and mine is still working fine - no sign of the problem you describe.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    No problem here either.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Did you just do the Cingular Firnware update???
  5.    #5  
    Gulp... yes, I did just do the Cingular firmware update. I hope that isn't it.

On second thought, I don't think that is it. I went into the Cingular store where I bought mine and tried my sim on a different Treo 650. Got the same result. I checked the firmware, and it was the pre-update version (FW1.04, SW 1.02-CNG)
    Today was absolutely miserable with data! It would even "stop" transferring data anywhere between 6.5k and 32k and just hang. I'd have to power cycle the radio and re-establish a connection. I can't even do CSD! I don't think I've ever been able to on the 650. It won't connect. I don't want to call Customer Service and have them screw up my account or make me change the Media Express service.
    ZBoater I forget what data package you have?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7.    #7  
    There's a discussion about this over on HowardForums too:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=596830
  8.    #8  
    Well I just got off the phone with a very nice lady in the Cingular Data support group. She said that this is a known problem, is occurring in several places nationwide, with several types of data plans and devices. And they are working on it.

And unlike several previous Cingular CS people that I talked to today, she didn't try to sell me the PDANet plan.

The direct number to the Cingular Data Support Group is 1-866-490-2666, if anyone else would like to call for periodic status updates. I've wasted too much time on this issue today, and that only because I am still within my 30-day window to cancel my Cingular contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    There's a discussion about this over on HowardForums too:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=596830
    Thanks, I'll check it out too.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Having the same problem tonight in Atlanta...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Same problem in McAllen, TX.
    I had a similar problem this morning. I called Cingular and while on hold, restarted my Treo and suddenly everything was fixed. However, later tonight, the problem resurfaced. I am in Los Angeles, CA.