Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok I did it,

Before the update I had 15.3 mb available (I use powerrun to runs most of my apps from the card) now I have 19.8 available WOW!!!! The size of PIM databases such as Datebook and Address went down considerably (from 600K to 44K), as a matter of fact everything has smaller footprint now, they change the memory structure

No DUN

No resets yet, not that I had any before

I will post tomorrow if the lock device at preset time works now
    Treoing & Loving it
    Holy smokes!!! I went from 11.0 megs to 16.5!!! No problems at all with the update. Everything is back just like it was. Now, I guess we'll see if the other fixes are there.
    Free RAM went from 11 MB to 14.5 MB. TealBackup restored my files flawlessly!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well, it's going to take me sometime to figure out how much more available memory I have. For some reason my Treo didn't reset at the "proper" time and now I still have all of the "UPdate" files on my Palm. As soon as I figure out which ones are for the installer and that I can remove I will delete them and see what I have.

I have performed a number of updates with palms over the past several years and have never had this happen in the past....
  5.    #5  
    I think the camera res is also better I am not sure what it was before but it is at 640x320 now
    Treoing & Loving it
  6.    #6  
    the camera res is the same it was before 640x480 sorry
    Treoing & Loving it
    It's still terribly slow to dial a number from contacts.
    anyone done this with a shadowmite rom yet?
    See other threads...you have to reflash to SPCS original first!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    anyone done this with a shadowmite rom yet?
    Updating? You need to "flashback" to the original ROM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Update worked like a charm. Went from 16.5M free to 19.1.
    I was a custom rom guy. I just did the "rev cvt2\ace" part to apply the original flash but did not do the CDMA stuff. The 1.08 update didn't complain and is currently installing. I will update with any oddities/changes.
    Can somebody set out the VersaMail differences while you are at it?

thanks
    I just started the update and it looks like my phone is stuck in a reboot loop..... Is this normal during the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I was a custom rom guy. I just did the "rev cvt2\ace" part to apply the original flash but did not do the CDMA stuff. The 1.08 update didn't complain and is currently installing. I will update with any oddities/changes.
    Post the results. I have ROM #5 as well, and it'll be nice to know if the CDMA stuff doesn't need to be added.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mine rebooted once, after the update. Showed the palm OS logo, rebooted again, and then rebooted once more, but came back up. I was afraid I was in a reboot loop but it must have been doing a hard reset or something?
    Went from 6 MB free to 10 MB free. Wow.

One big problem though. A recurring issue I have with "no time" repeating events in Outlook/Palm Calendar is that they are sometimes recorded as 12:00pm-12:00am instead of "no time." (I think it's an Outlook problem more than Palm problem). This is a huge problem when you change time zones as everything shifts and your Palm weirdly reports them as 1:00 am - 1:00pm each day, etc.

Anyway, I had a bunch of repeating events that suddenly are reported as 12:00pm-12:00am (or whatever) instead of all day. So I have to go into Palm and manually change them all. Pain in the ***.
    I am checking in after flashing first from Shadowmite ROM#3 back to original and then flashing the 1.08 SPCS Rom.

Will report anomolies if I have any. So far, the RAM available has gone from 13Mb to 16Mb.

One reset so far while hotsyncing.
    Gene
    Everything went well. No issues.

For Custom Rom Users, the CDMA stuff is not necessary. You only need to do the "rev cvt2/ace" commands
    I took off PdaReach and a few games and this time my update seems to be installing correctly instead of the continuos loop.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast