Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    What a great day, Treo headset arrived today as did the ROM Patch

I figured i would share my update experience. Ok well first off i was running shadowmite's custom rom # 5. I reflashed o Sprints Original ROM via shadowmites directions (thanks to him again!, hopefully he gets his hands on the new rom). Anyway i followed another user on the boards method (dont remeber who , sorry) I did a hard reset after i reflashed, I then performed the upgrade under a new username "Upgrade". The update went fine as pie. Wehn it came time to do the final hotsync i used my old username, everything went over without a flaw, I believe i had to reinstall a my pocket tunes key *shrug*, Other then that i didnt recieve any error messages.
    What i've notice so far:

1) Improved speaker quality, havent made enough test calls to determine how much but in all honesty it sounds about the same as with shadomites voice patch.
    2) On the speakerphone side i noticed a nice improvment, espeically with pocket tunes.
    3) Data connection actually seemed faster, installed verichat again (as i took it off before the upgrade), then downloaded the latest verichat beta via vision, went extremely fast compared to last time i got it from the phone.
    4) As Far as bluetooth i can not comment as i havent set up my new headset yet, but i know the 2 BT headsets i tried before (bodyglove, Moto. 820) were terrible, hoping the update and use of treo BT headset will be useable.
    5) The memory freed up SHOCKED me, went from 10.5 to 16.1 according to ZLauncher)
    6) Downside is it didnt fix the network time issue , no biggie for me atleast i dont travel much.

People keep sharing your comments, Unfortunatly we all know theres a good chance of the "Update didnt do this, or broke that" threads. But even before the update i managed to get along fine with the tools and resources the kind users of this board have provided. Thnaks for listening!

Evan
    Best way to backup all files before hard reset without having to write the registration numbers again?
    Last edited by lghitis; 03/22/2005 at 08:19 PM.
    I can't get KeyCaps to work after the update (everything else is great). Can anyone else confirm whether KeyCaps is working or not?

I moved it to RAM from the card and it now works...interesting.
    My update has been sitting at "restoring items" (9/10 of the black bar) for about 12 minutes now. Is this normal? I assume so...
    My reflash went fine! It took a few minutes, some disconcerting parts of which nothing was happening on the screen... so don't fret when it doesn't seem to be doing something.

My HBH-660 is a lot louder!

I went from 11M to 16M free.

Versamail works better! I can IMAP a few places I couldn't before!
  6.    #66  
    keycaps600 works after the update but you have to reinstall it first, for some reason it is the only app that is not restored after hard reset!
    Treoing & Loving it
    Going on 20 minutes of it saying "restoring items" and sitting in one place on the bar (same 9/10). Should I wait longer? What option would I have anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    Going on 20 minutes of it saying "restoring items" and sitting in one place on the bar (same 9/10). Should I wait longer?
    Mine took about 5 minutes at 'restoring items'.
    I went from 11.7M to 18M. I had over 1100 OUTLOOK contacts (Currently at 1800, but that's another thread) and I'm sure they were taking a lot of space with the 650's memory system. Now with the new memory management system, I guess those smaller files aren't taking as much space. I did lose my VOICE Dialing, I don't know what I'm gonna do without that (Can somebody tell me where I can find it?)

Thanks,
    Joe <><
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    .... I did lose my VOICE Dialing, I don't know what I'm gonna do without that (Can somebody tell me where I can find it?)

Thanks,
    Joe <><
    On the original install CD.
    mine went fine...went from 4.7M to 10.7M free
    "restoring items" problem fixed. I had to reset because it stopped at this point for 35 minutes and I did a hard reset. This time it only waited for a few minutes at "restoring items" and then it kept going fine.
    Anyone else get a bundled PRL update when they installed the ROM patch. I was PRL 10025, now it's showing PRL 10026.

I'll have to look at some of the other Treo650's that don't have the 1.08 patch yet.

For those wondering, PRL stands for Perferred Roaming List (I believe) and tells the phone which provides it can roam with.

Edit 9:05 PM CST: Confirmed that non-1.08 phones are using PRL 10025.
    One quick question - I hard resetted then hot-synced with another name. Then applied the patch. Once T650 rebooted automatically and came to the sane status, setup wanted me to hot sync again. I just skipped it. Then the setup program came to the end. Then I hard reseted again then using Backup, I restored my data. I only saw 2 MB of increase in the process..

Was there any other step I had to follow after the initial update program went fine?
    Just did it - so far so good. Flashed back (since I was using Shadowmite's custom ROM), followed the upgrade instructions, went from <10MB free to >15MB free (I have a big Calendar and Contact list, which are now waaaay smaller).

Can't wait to try out Versamail and see if my ActiveSync is working better...
    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    One quick question - I hard resetted then hot-synced with another name. Then applied the patch. Once T650 rebooted automatically and came to the sane status, setup wanted me to hot sync again. I just skipped it. Then the setup program came to the end. Then I hard reseted again then using Backup, I restored my data. I only saw 2 MB of increase in the process..

Was there any other step I had to follow after the initial update program went fine?
    I did something similiar to what you did, created a rom-update account, did a hard reset, applied the patch, and when I hotsynced I chose my real hotsync ID. I'm pretty sure the only thing we missed was the hotsync assocation back to the original account.
    Started with Shadowmite ROM 3. I did a Backup using BackupBuddyVFS with the Phone off immediately prior to starting the update. I had to reinstall the original Sprint ROM using Shadowmite's instructions. I then installed the new Sprint ROM over BT from my Mac using Missing Sync. This hotsync took around 20 minutes. The update then installed itself. I then used BackupBuddy to put everything back on. I went from 6.3 Mb free to 11 Mb free. Pretty impressive memory upgrade!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Anyone else get a bundled PRL update when they installed the ROM patch. I was PRL 10025, now it's showing PRL 10026.

I'll have to look at some of the other Treo650's that don't have the 1.08 patch yet.

For those wondering, PRL stands for Perferred Roaming List (I believe) and tells the phone which provides it can roam with.

Edit 9:05 PM CST: Confirmed that non-1.08 phones are using PRL 10025.
    Yep
    Treo650-1.08-SPCS
    PRL Rev:10026
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I did not lose any info...went from 8 mb to 14 mb free...anxious to try out the phone...
    Why does the battery have to be full to perform this upgrade, as long as I'm connected to AC? Mine is half full. What will happen if I go ahead with the update anyway? I'm too tired to stay up and watch the battery charge.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast