Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    My experience wasn't as fun as I had hoped. First off, I forgot to disable Uninstall Manager, which screws things up nicely. Because it tried to Sandbox all of the Treo Updater stuff, the updater didn't run automatically. I exited out of the install, disabled Uninstall Manager and tried again. The bad thing was that Hotsync backed up all of the updater files! Again, it still didn't autostart. I then figured I try to do it myself, so I ran the ROM app. All that did was say there is no ROM available. I then tried the CDMA Updater app. That ran fine, but I noticed it only said it was updating the modem. I checked the Phone app after and I was still at 1.03. I then noticed a D.C. app, ran that. It also did the modem updater, but then went on to the firmware updater. After that it reset and I was back to a clean Treo. I checked the Phone app and I was at 1.08.

I'm rerunning the updater now to be sure I got everything. So, the moral of the story is...

1) Disable all low level hacks/apps that run on your Treo. (yeah, its in the instructions, I know)
    2) Watch out for duplicate Hotsyncs because it backs up all of the update files, 11MB worth.

Joe
    I just did a hard reset and then did a restore under a new username. That way, none of my files were restored under the new username. Then I ran the updater software under the clean username. When I was done, I restored the files using my real username.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Had no problem upgrading. Went from 11.1 megs to 16.4 megs.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Went great with the Shadow reflash process! Went from 12.2 to 15.9 Free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Can someone check the network time issue with Jeff's program?
    I was just wondering if this time bug is fixed with the update ...
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    When trying to do the second Hotsynch to restore my settings after the install, all the 650 will do is soft reset! Every time I hit the Hotsynch button it soft rests! HELP!!!!
    This happened to me, here's what I had to do:

I had to rename backup folder, hard reset Treo, Hotsync again, re-run the ROM update until it completed, delete new backup folder, rename original backup folder to Backup, and re-hotsync.

If you're not sure call Sprint Tech support.
    Okay, I still cannot get the device to hotsynch after I attempted to install the updater. I now get "the connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." on the 650.

At least it isn't soft resetting everytime I press the hotsync key now. I followed Ivy's advice and did a hard reset and tried to restore my data using backupbuddy. Now I have the "no hotsync" issue. Any suggestions?
    Any words on customizing the Treo ROM to add/delete applications as needed? Just like Shodowmite custom ROM Patch? I hope something like that can be done.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Any words on customizing the Treo ROM to add/delete applications as needed? Just like Shodowmite custom ROM Patch? I hope something like that can be done.

Thanks,

Al
    Don't count on it. Remember that the custom roms are based on the leaked rom from palmone. My bet is that unless P1 leaks another patch (unlikely) there will be no more custom roms
    Update completed. No problems. I followed all directions on P1 website and disabled most of my utilities (TreoGuard, CrashPro, BtToggle, a few others... just to be safe). I moved about 5M of files to the card prior to free up a total of 12.5M of RAM then did the update.

Went from 7.2 to 13.6M of RAM. Very nice! A hotsync after updating was uneventful. No question that many apps are launching faster, most notably those residing on the card. My Scala headset does sound a bit louder, but after 1 test call to voicemail, I can't say I notice any reception improvement as some have suggested.

All in all, painless and without incident... the extra 6.4M of RAM will come in handy
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    very smooth.
    I don't know that it really helped any with bt though.
    My TWH is not any louder or clearer than it was before.
    Sound quality on the other end of the handset has definetly improved.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Getting ready to do mine now ... crossing fingers ...
    Mine went fine..... Went from 15.1 to 17.2 free (almost everything is already stored on card)
    everything went cool, (i had to renstall ringo it said i didnt have an mp3 player) (lost reg to z launcher)

went from 13.1 to 16.8

i bought z launcher from sprint so it went directly to my phone(no code)
    am i not able to make the upgrade free?(oh yeah once i bought it i upgraded)
    any help will be welcome

THANKS in advance
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Everything went well. No issues.

For Custom Rom Users, the CDMA stuff is not necessary. You only need to do the "rev cvt2/ace" commands
    Thanx EG. Just got back from Costco and will update as soon as this thunder and lightning cell passes through.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have the GSM... hoping they don't wait too long to realease the GSM version! Can someone describe the Speakerphone experience more, because with the GSM treo, the speakerphone is completely useless. You pretty much have to hold it up to the ear to hear anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Can someone check the network time issue with Jeff's program?
    Just tested - still bad

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    My update was flawless. Went from 6.9 to 15.4 free memory. I am a happy camper.
    I just got a 650 and tried updating. Totally failed for me on a brand new unit. I tried the method of creating an install user as detailed above, and yes I know what I'm doing.

My battery is not yet at 100% but I don't see how that could have an effect, unless it's actually checking. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    My experience wasn't as fun as I had hoped. First off, I forgot to disable Uninstall Manager, which screws things up nicely. Because it tried to Sandbox all of the Treo Updater stuff, the updater didn't run automatically. I exited out of the install, disabled Uninstall Manager and tried again. The bad thing was that Hotsync backed up all of the updater files! Again, it still didn't autostart. I then figured I try to do it myself, so I ran the ROM app. All that did was say there is no ROM available. I then tried the CDMA Updater app. That ran fine, but I noticed it only said it was updating the modem. I checked the Phone app after and I was still at 1.03. I then noticed a D.C. app, ran that. It also did the modem updater, but then went on to the firmware updater. After that it reset and I was back to a clean Treo. I checked the Phone app and I was at 1.08.

I'm rerunning the updater now to be sure I got everything. So, the moral of the story is...

1) Disable all low level hacks/apps that run on your Treo. (yeah, its in the instructions, I know)
    2) Watch out for duplicate Hotsyncs because it backs up all of the update files, 11MB worth.

Joe
    Uh, yeah. And dont be a dope like me, read the above post, and STILL not disconnect Uninstall Manager. (well, unless you really like Go to the Settings menu item on Uninstall MGr, and unclick everything. I thought that 'sandbox' was the only active setting, which you select/unselect elsewhere. Once I did this, everything was A-OK. 5MB more memory!!

Update--

OH, crap. My calender data is gone. Desktop sw. has had a problem for a while, so this is no surprise (actually should have expected...). THe problem is, my copy of BackupBuddy has reverted to an unregistered version!! Sure hope the developer gets my panicked email soon!

Does anyone know the exact file name of the calender db? Maybe I can get it back with Filez...
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast