Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I had to reflash from my customized ROM to Shadowmite's original ROM.

Then I ran the updater. It also seemed to reboot a couple of times before finally finishing the update.

Pros: I have gained about 5 megs of RAM!
    Dialing from the contacts seems a little faster, but still slower than the 600
    Is the BT headset volume louder? It seems like it is, but I'm not sure yet.
    I was still able to upgrade even after using a custom ROM (although I needed to reflash back to the original)

Cons: I have those stupid icons again which were deleted in Shadowmite's ROM (such as Quick Tour, Downloads, GetBC, etc.)
    If the BT volume isn't fixed (I haven't really tested it), the mute trick doesn't work anymore.

Conclusion: Based upon the excess RAM change alone, the upgrade was worth it.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Everything went well. No issues.

For Custom Rom Users, the CDMA stuff is not necessary. You only need to do the "rev cvt2/ace" commands
    Say what? Isn't your custom ROM lost during the update?
    I did the Sprint ROM update about 45 minutes ago. I have my Versamail to Sync every 15 minutes and when it does, it reboots. Doing a ##377 I get an error message of:

A reset was caused on 3/22/05 at (time) while running "Phone" Fatal Exception.

I had high hopes that Version 3.0c of Versamail would resolve the known bugs of the previous version. No such luck with this particular one.

Any idea's????
    Had a bit of trouble with my upgrade. Apparently, BackupBuddy backed up all the updater files during the first sync and then put them back on the 650 during the second. When the updater came to the point where I was supposed to hit the Reset button, it reset itself and went through the whole updater a second time. By then, BB had "lost" all my current data and apps (from the initial updater backup). All was not lost... I just did a Zoom Back restore to the backup I did prior to starting the updater. In the end, I went from 11.7MB to 15.4MB. So far, so good, except it seems that I'm experiencing a noticably longer dialing delay than I ever had before. Oh well, if the other stuff is fixed/enhanced/just plain better, I can live with that.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinttreo
    I have my Versamail to Sync every 15 minutes and when it does, it reboots.
    Have you seen this regarding VersaMail?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Just completed the udate. All went smooth. Picked up an additional 2.0 memory.

Tested voice quality, which has been a major problem, and while not perfect it is a major improvement. Still sounds a little like I'm in a tunnel.
    Mine updated fine on my 2nd attempt. Had 11.1mb free on first try but I guess that wasn't enough. Had to delete the many updater files with FileZ and move a few more things off to SD. 2nd attempt with 12mb free went smoothly. After the restore hotsync and moving apps back to internal memory, I had lost my Verichat license. All other apps ran perfectly.

I went from 7.6mb free before the update to 15.3 free after with the same compliment of apps/data.

I have noticed a faster response from the GUI in all places other than the Phone app.

I had to re-pair my jabra 250 as all bt devices had been forgotten.

Phone & Headset volume seems quite a bit louder after the update.

Also, My treo now wakes on the first press of a hard button every time Was getting to the point where it would take as many as 4 presses.

Thats all I have to report so far.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Went from 29% free to 49% free. Nice to have some breathing room. Got to put Shadowmite's DUN back on and I am finished.
    Went from 12 MB free to close to 17 MB. Hooray. Haven't tested voice choppiness yet.
    Easy update except it was a bear trying to free up 11 MB at the onset....well worth it though.
    I had a custom rom on my treo, and during my first update I got a message saying that the firmware on my phone was newr than the one being installed, and didn't update (no reset or anything). I then downloaded the sprint restore rom from shadowmites site and flashed it back to the original rom. I then was able to install the palmone update. I did a complete restore using tealbackup. Everything went so smooth that is scared me.

I gained about 2.5 megs after the update with q complete restore from tealbackup, and a definite volume increase. Aeroplayer is too loud on the max setting, was never like that before.
    Yeah shadowmite's bt DUN patch still works, this has been the most painless update. I am still shocked by the amount of ram I gained.
    When trying to do the second Hotsynch to restore my settings after the install, all the 650 will do is soft reset! Every time I hit the Hotsynch button it soft rests! HELP!!!!
    Sorry to say that it won't update on my Treo.

I moved apps to a card so that I have 13.2MB free on my Sprint Treo (v1.03).

I then run the updater.

After the synch, in Synchronization (1 of 2), the device is supposed to perform the update itself, then reset. It doesn't reset. If I then go to the ROMUpdater application, the following message can be seen:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS PLUGGED INTO A CHARGER!

Well, I am plugged into a charger...the phone application's battery icon shows that.

I had previously disabled and moved to SD card any app I thought might be "low-level" such as McPhling, LEDOff, KeyCaps600 and the like.

Before I ran the updater, I removed the SD card and reset the Treo.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

P.S. I've tried this three times, with the same result each time (and I have to clean up the many files it leaves behind each time). I know my charger is working.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I still think they would have fixed this one with the new ROM update though.
    I did it with my card in place - dunno if it will make a difference.

Phone Off, Soft reset (with the button on back) then sync over the update.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    When trying to do the second Hotsynch to restore my settings after the install, all the 650 will do is soft reset! Every time I hit the Hotsynch button it soft rests! HELP!!!!
    Yeah I had the same problem when I was updating. I followed the instructions completely but still had issues. I ended up doing a hard reset then ran a restore from BackupMan. Everything is great now

I noticed I went from 5.9M free to 13.9M, switching between apps and such seems much more snappy and somehow the bluetooth thing must have been resolved because my headset is now very very loud!
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    dutchtrumpet posted instructions in another thread that I used last time I updated my T600 and they will also work for the T650. I highly recommend doing it this way instead of jacking around trying to free up memory. Here are the instructions dutchtrumpet posted;
    1.backup
    2.hard reset
    3.run updater with a new user name (install)
    4.restore under old user name
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Can someone check the network time issue with Jeff's program?
    BT volume is definitely louder for me. Great. That was the biggest issue I wanted fixed.

The speakerphone volume is also louder. Nice.

Someone else mentioned that they only need to push the red button once now to turn on the screen. Not for me. This is still a problem.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Well, not only did my Treo relax its death grip on my memory but my Scala can finally keep good reception farther than 2' from the phone. BU (Before Update) I had to essentially have the phone right next to the headset....kind of made it useless. Now I can walk around the office and have good reception. One happy customre here. Did Pa1mOne get something right
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast