Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    I didn't have many resets before 1.08, but think I'm actually worse off now, although gained about 3 MB of RAM.

I've had a couple of odd problems as well after the ROM update - didn't have either problem before. Backupman 1.52 won't backup at all now - ether scheduled or manually. When a manual backup kicks off, I get a message indicating Backupman thinks the SD card is out of memory - error message 0x0201. I have a 1GB SD card with over 900MB free. When I try a scheduled backup, I get a failure with error 0x2A02. I was running 1.52b5 and installed 1.52 over it to see if the released version fixed the problem, but the behavior didn't change.

The second problem I have is now the system goes through a reset every morning when I try to wake up the 650. Generally, I'll hit the email button to open up Goodlink email. When I do, the system immediately resets. When the reboot finishes, I go into the phone app and type in ##377 and everytime I get the following message:

MMNotify
    MemoryMgr.c Line 3732 Null Handle

Not sure what this is. I've see some things related to Versamail, but I don't have it setup to automatically retrieve mail and while I have a few messages that I've downloaded in the past, I don't really use it at all since I have Goodlink installed. I have the following apps installed:

Goodlink 4.00.59
    Butler 2.86
    Treoguard 1.8.11
    Backupman 1.52
    Docs2Go 7.00.03
    Acrobat Reader 3.05
    Delta Flight Schedules 2.2
    Directory Assistant 3.02
    Zlauncher 5.10

Anyone seen similar behavior and figured out a solution? After the first reset of the day, everything seems to work ok from that point from what I can tell.
    Had a custom ROM I created w/ Shadowmite's tool, did a hard reset, restored to original ROM using different user, upgraded to 1.08, restored selected items one at a time.

So far so good. I had a friend that used to complain that he could never hear me while he was drivng (but could hear me if he came to a stop.) This is even after I used a Shadowmite ROM that had the audio fix. With 1.08 he says it is a night and day difference and he doesn't repeat "WHAT?!" over and over everytime I call. Makes me wonder why some ppl were fixed w/ a SM ROM and some not.....and why some ppl got better w/ 1.08 and some worse. Different hardware maybe???

Also, my Plantronics M3000 BT headset is actually loud enough to use now. Not as loud as it could be, but fairly decent. But I still have complaints that the quality isn't so great....but this I think is more an issue of the headset itself.

Versamail keeps saying my "Default" account failed to connect, but the real account does. I'm thinking I caused this on my own somehow.

Of course I also had a rise in memory availability (not sure the exact difference due to the way I restored.) I might actually get to reload Mapopolis!!!!

So far I'm pretty happy with the results, although I have to agree w/ those that question the praise of P1 for this update. Why are we praising them for an update that fixed broken crap?! I think it's really sad that companies are in such a hurry to get items released and start making money that they don't go through proper due dilligence in making sure they product is properly tested and meets a high quality standard. Instead of praising P1, we should be "thanking" them for a release that makes the 650 closer to what it should have been from the original release. And yet there are still issues and missing features......

Edit: And as far as certain apps failing, I'm thinking that this update made some major changes to the primary systems and they will need to update their apps accordingly.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Had a custom ROM I created w/ Shadowmite's tool, did a hard reset, restored to original ROM using different user, upgraded to 1.08, restored selected items one at a time.

So far so good. I had a friend that used to complain that he could never hear me while he was drivng (but could hear me if he came to a stop.) This is even after I used a Shadowmite ROM that had the audio fix. With 1.08 he says it is a night and day difference and he doesn't repeat "WHAT?!" over and over everytime I call. Makes me wonder why some ppl were fixed w/ a SM ROM and some not.....and why some ppl got better w/ 1.08 and some worse. Different hardware maybe???
    same experience here, PLUS available memory went from 1.1 to 8.2!!!
    I find that I can run everything that I had before, and more from Rom, so how many programs do you run from the card and why?
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 04/01/2005 at 07:07 AM.
    <merged Mahootzki duplicate post but revised content>
    I followed Tyler's instructions (earlier in this thread) and all went smooth. Gained 3MB of space. With the disabled network time sync, all is well and stable.
  7.    #307  
    has anyone noticed that in mute mode, realplayer pauses when you remov the headjack, thats neat.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have a question for the masses: has anyone been able to do a calendar sync from UNIX (or Linux) to a SprintPCS Treo650 after the v1.08 firmware update?

Ever since doing the v1.08 firmware update to my SprintPCS Treo650 I've been unable to sync calendar to my Sun Ultra60. Sync to my Win98 PC at home works fine. I was sync'ing fine to the Ultra60 with the old (1.03) firmware using: /usr/dt/bin/sdtpdasync. Install, Memo & Address all sync fine with the new firmware, just calendar is a problem. After the update I get this error: "File Not Open: Error Opening Database".

So I downloaded PilotManager and gave it a shot. For some reason it loops forever when invoked as 'prompt% PilotManager'. The only way I get the GUI to open is by running from the perl debugger (prompt% perl5 -d PilotManager) and setting $DB::deep = 200. But I get an error on calendar sync here too: "Error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at <path>/SyncCM.pm line 1350."

Any help?

Thanks,
    ERic

Code:
    ========================
    === sdtpdasync error ===
    ========================

palm.conduit.SyncException: File Not Open: Error Opening Database
            at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
            at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
            at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
            at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
            at palm.conduit.SyncException.<init>(Compiled Code)
            at palm.conduit.SyncManager.verifyResult(Compiled Code)
            at palm.conduit.SyncManager.openDB(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.Conduits.CalendarSync.CalendarSyncConduit.open(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.EngageConduit(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.SyncConduit(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.SyncConduit(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.DoSync(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.DoConduitSync(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.LocalSync(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.PerformHotSync(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.connectionSniffer(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.HotSync.HotSync.pollConnection(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.CommPort.SerialPortCommunicator.fireEvent(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.pdasync.CommPort.SerialPortCommunicator.serialEvent(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.comm.SolarisSerial$SSCheckStatusThread.RaiseEvent(Compiled Code)
            at com.sun.comm.SolarisSerial$SSCheckStatusThread.run(Compiled Code)
    Code:
    =========================
    === PilotMgr.pm error ===
    =========================

04/04/105 19:01:51   Please press the Hotsync button on your Pilot cradle
    04/04/105 19:01:56   Connected.
    04/04/105 19:02:05   Synchronizing using the SyncCM conduit
    04/04/105 19:02:05   Overwriting <user@host>
    04/04/105 19:02:23   Pilot database 'DatebookDB' does not exist.
                         Creating it...
    04/04/105 19:02:23   Error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at <path>/SyncCM.pm line 1350.
    04/04/105 19:02:23   No changes
    04/04/105 19:02:23   SyncCM encountered an error during operation
                         To avoid causing further complications, the next
                         calendar sync will be a full sync.
    04/04/105 19:02:23   Synchronization complete
    Code:
    ================================
    === PilotManager run command ===
    ================================

prompt% perl5 -d PilotManager

Loading DB routines from perl5db.pl version 1.01
    Emacs support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help.

PilotMgr::(PilotManager:59):    my $VERSION = "1.107";           # PilotManager Version
      DB<1> $DB::deep = 200;

DB<2> r
    Tk::Menu::Invoke(/usr/local/lib/perl5/perl5db.pl:2083):
    2083:     "Debugged program terminated.  Use `q' to quit or `R' to restart.";
      DB<2> q
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    My upgrade to 1.08 went flawlessly, and I freed up about 8M of RAM. I've had occasional spontaneous resets and freeze-ups - not many, and no apparent pattern.

However, just now I noticed something interesting. I tried installing a couple of programs that wouldn't work properly before the upgrade just to see whether they'd work now. These were Clock+ (there was no sound) and ToDo Plus (Treo would reset when deleting an item) (Clock+ still doesn't work, but ToDo Plus does). Each time the Treo would reset after the hotsynch. I got no error messages, and the installations seemed to go perfectly. This suggests that there's an automatic re-set after installing a new program (these are the first installations I've tried since upgrading). Maybe that's a "feature"?
    After performing Sprint Treo 650 v1.08 Updater, reinstalling TealSafe v1.24, and then
    upgrading to v1.26, I'm seeing the following behavior when TealSafe times
    out. My Auto-off (screen) is set to 3min.

1) After ~2:45, the screen flashes and returns to normal.
    2) At 3min, TealSafe encrypts just prior to the screen display turning off.
    3) The screen goes off.
    4) When the screen turned back on, TealSafe is up, but after I exit when I
    attempt to use a data connection, it fails; i.e., Blazer, VersaMail,
    SMS...none are able to make a connection.

At minimum, the phone must be turned off and back on again to restore data connectivity. A occasionally that has not been enough; a soft reset must be performed to recover data capabilities. The phone capabilities have not affected.

TEALPOINT.COM does not see this as a problem from their end.

Memory recovery after the update was substantial...~8MB
    Looking to see if any one else has had problem since upgrading to 1.08 with hotsync over the USB cable. About everyday when I first go to hotsync, my computer complains that it has an unknown USB device attempting to connect to it. Once I pull the USB line and re-plug it in...it then will see the Treo 650 and hotsync normally. I have a feeling it is my computer having the problem but thought I would ask on this forum to see if anyone else has had this problem. (The problem only started after the update to 1.08...which as far as my Treo 650 is concern has been a great upgreade.)
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516