Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    So, someone must have KSDatebook other than me! Anyone, anyone? Does it cause endless resets for you after the update?
    I did experience issues with KSDatebook after the upgrade and also went into an endless loop (for me KSDatebook was not always completely stable on the 650 before...). Did a hard reset and used backupbuddy to restore and have not encountered issues afterwards, but I expect trouble with KSDatebook moving forward. Hope that an updated version comes out soon. Like the very sharp fonts of KSD, even in month view and the very small footprint...

anybody else that has suggestions?
    Gained some Memory...Lost Tetris and Mega Clock(just had to re-Reg both). BT seems much louder, + mute fix makes it really loud. Can't wait to discover other improvement(ie versamail, BT Distance(already seems a lot better), ear speaker volume, etc). P1 is awesome for doing this. Go* Da** I love my 650!!! ;D
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    I'm a Mac user, and it didn't go so well for me. I followed the instructions to the letter on the PalmOne site for someone who doesn't have at least 11MB of free RAM. The final HotSync went haywire and didn't complete. So, what I ended up doing is removing all the files from my "backup" folder - this is basically all my Treo prefs and my applications, and started with a very basic HotSync. This worked great. After that, I've been slowly installing apps and files one by one, and that's painfully slow but working fine. A question for anyone that is Mac savvy:

How can I restore my button favorites in the phone app? Does this exist as a file somewhere? My "backup" folder was a lot of stuff, over 100 files, I just can't find the name of the file that I would guess would apply.

Also, my app switching is unimproved, even with no 3rd party apps, files, images, etc. installed.

Dialing - no improvement. This was my biggest reason for upgrading. Any reason why I'm having trouble with this, while others who have installed the ROM update are noticing an improvement?

Thanks so much for the help.
    Best,
    Justin
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Did the upgrade 3/22. I had the looping soft resets the first time. Did a hard reset and the upgrade worked fine. No more 1 or 2 soft resets per day for no reason! Free memory went from 11.3 MB to 16.6 MB. I'm happy.
    My button favorites in the phone app file is called "PhoneFavorites2DP.pdb". Do you have a similar file in your backup folder?
    Update went great, but the morning after I experienced two problems I didn't have pre-update:

1. I have Handmark set to update at 6:00 am. When I woke up at 7:30 and turned my phone on, the update began - it's updated itself flawlessly in the past.

2. I use an app called 9.95 clock as my alarm clock. It's woke me at precisely 7:20 every morning for months now, but today the alarm went off at about 8:10.

Seems a little "spooky", and too much of a coincidence to not be tied to the update.
    I had two resets the last two nights around 3 a.m. One said "web" error. The other was "DateBk5" error. Never had those before update.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov

2. I use an app called 9.95 clock as my alarm clock. It's woke me at precisely 7:20 every morning for months now, but today the alarm went off at about 8:10.
    You should have paid that extra 5 cents.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    the update messed up my phone. had serious problems. Is there anyway to get back to the origonal rom and try again??
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    You should have paid that extra 5 cents.
    I think handango charges $14.95 or something like that for 9.95 clock!?! hehe...
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    the update messed up my phone. had serious problems. Is there anyway to get back to the origonal rom and try again??
    Go to www.shadowmite.com

The original ROM, and instructions for loading it, are there. I don't know if anyone's tried loading it over 1.08, but I think it should work.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    As for my experience with my Scala 500 now after the update, others think it may sound a little clearer, the volume doesn't need BTMute anymore, but I still get just about as much static with it in my left pants pocket with the headset on my right ear. Anyone else have better luck?
    Actually, I was able to put my palm in my desk drawer, leave my office closing my wooden door, go into the office next to mine and close it's door. Then I got a little bit of static, 20 feet and a wall+furniture away. That is a huge inprovement. My wife is willing to speak with me on it now (she always asked me to take it off before).

I think my Scala is now usable and I had put it in a drawer and left it there for several weeks due to static and sound issues.
    I just completed the update. It went VERY smoothly (except I could not breathe the entire time out of anxiety). I went from 2.9 M free space to 10.5 M free space!!! It seems that the speaker phone is louder (I have not tried the BT headset yet). Doesn't look like I lost any data or programs and it seems that all programs are working (though I JUST completed the update). But Palm managed to screw up again...it took me 35 minutes to do, not 30!!!! I'm very satisfied! Thanks Palm.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    I did experience issues with KSDatebook after the upgrade and also went into an endless loop (for me KSDatebook was not always completely stable on the 650 before...). Did a hard reset and used backupbuddy to restore and have not encountered issues afterwards, but I expect trouble with KSDatebook moving forward. Hope that an updated version comes out soon. Like the very sharp fonts of KSD, even in month view and the very small footprint...

anybody else that has suggestions?
    Are you able to have it loaded at all? I tried totally reinstalling it with the latest (from last July 2004) version and when I opened it on my Treo it started the neverending loop of resets again so I had to do a hard reset and restore without it from BackUpBuddy. I don't know of any other calender program with the small print on the full month and week views so you can see it all at one time for the month. I emailed the designer (in China?) but of course heard nothing. Any help?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hmm, I had 11.1M free and when the update bar got to the end, it blew up with an error about not updating the radio and then I got another error. So I had to go back and run the update with the hard reset and emtpy user. That one worked, and when I synced back up my data from backup, its the first time my calendar didn't lose its categories and colors. Unfortunately, now Verichat won't connect to aim icq or yahoo. Network connection is there. Only "bug" I've found so far. Going to try reinstalling Verichat.
    No problems with update. Didnt even install original ROM. Lost BT Dun and settings for BT Headset Moto HS810 and Remote Synch. Just re-configured the settings and everything is back to where it was minus the DUN.

Anyone know if you can just patch shadowmites rom w/dun back again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    I think handango charges $14.95 or something like that for 9.95 clock!?! hehe...
    Yeah, what's up with that.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I mysteriously lost the VoiceDialing by Voice Signal app. I had to reinstall it. Otherwise, all seems good.
    I followed the directions on the Palm One site for the udpater, and kept getting a message that I did not have enough memory. I had 16 MB though, and no matter how much stuff I deleted I still got the error message. I finally called Sprint, and after going through 3 people (who knew nothing), I ended up with someone who knew exactly what to do. He talked me through the "new user" scenario and after several hard resets and synchs the thing finally worked. Phone seems very stable now and I picked up an extra 4 MB of memory.

By the way, this is my first post. I want to thank all the contibutors to this forum - it has been invaluable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader
    No problems with update. Didnt even install original ROM. Lost BT Dun and settings for BT Headset Moto HS810 and Remote Synch. Just re-configured the settings and everything is back to where it was minus the DUN.

Anyone know if you can just patch shadowmites rom w/dun back again?
    Just install the stand alone patched BtManager:

http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.