Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    I don't see a reason to rename the backup folder if you are creating a new user.
    So, someone must have KSDatebook other than me! Anyone, anyone? Does it cause endless resets for you after the update? Also, have people had problems doing a full restore from BackupMan after the update?

As for my experience with my Scala 500 now after the update, others think it may sound a little clearer, the volume doesn't need BTMute anymore, but I still get just about as much static with it in my left pants pocket with the headset on my right ear. Anyone else have better luck?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Not only have I gotten greatly increased memory, stability and bluetooth but the text messaging issue I had is now gone. I had narrowed the SMS corruption down to a conflict with AvantGo. Whenever I would recieve a txt message while AvantGo was open, the SMS database would become corrupt. Now that doesn't happen anymore! I am ecstatic! I went from 2.5mb free to around 8.7mb free.
    The update went flawless for me. I backed up with BackupbuddyVFS and the only issue that I had was that the backup had a corrupt contacts database that caused the hotsync to hang at contacts.

Solution:

1. Beam contacts to m505
    2. Delete contacts database on Treo 650
    3. Change hotsync contacts conduit to "handheld overwrites desktop"
    4. Beam contacts from m505 to Treo 650
    5. Hotsync Treo 650 (no hangup)
    6. Change hotsync contacts conduit to "synchronize the files"

Problem solved.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just keep getting endless soft resets... Has anyone else had this?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Had Shadowmite custom ROM #3.
    Flashed back to original Sprint ROM.
    I do use PowerRUN. Had 7.3 megs with custom ROM #3.
    I now have...get this...14.7 megs!!!
    Still using PowerRUN for some apps.
    So far, everything is working extremely well!
    Before doing the update on each Treo I created a bogus user on the Palm Desktop, did HotSync and did manual backup via BackupBuddy VFS on their SD cards.

I did a hard reset, ran the Updater with the bogus user, but then restored using our correct HotSync ID's...then did restores from BBVS just in case. That last step was probably a waste of time, but I am the paranoid type.

My Palm went from 7.1 MB free to 16MB free...spouse's went from 7.6 free to 13.3 MB free.

During the BBVFS backups both Treos gave me this error message:
    "Unable to transfer
    HSTrace Database:
    already open
    (0x0205)."

We don't utilize BT for our headsets yet, so I can't commment on BT functionality.

When spouse and I talk on our Treos we both notice better voice quality. We also have noticed a MUCH shorter pause after dialing.

The green redial function went away briefly (and not immediately after the operation...that was one of the first things I tested!) but I did another hard reset and restore from BBVFS and all is well. I have posted on this particular problem before.

Switching between apps is way faster.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10 so far...
    Last edited by Verngator; 03/23/2005 at 05:06 PM.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    I can no longer access my "Dial History" from holding the "Phone/Send" Button. Before the upgrade, I could redial the last number via pushing the "Phone/Send" twice. now, nothing happens.

Anybody else get this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    I can no longer access my "Dial History" from holding the "Phone/Send" Button. Before the upgrade, I could redial the last number via pushing the "Phone/Send" twice. now, nothing happens.

Anybody else get this problem?
    Nope. Mine works perfectly as it did before the update.
    See my post above. Do another hard reset and restore...that should fix it.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
  11.    #231  
    hard reset, wait do not go there. why don't you download the fixbutton.prc file floating here on TC. That will' take care of the issue without having to do a hard reset.
    Treoing & Loving it
    My upgrade worked, but it didn't go super smoothly. When I ran the updater it told me to hotsync. I hit the button and the treo ran the ROMUpdate file and then just sat there. The updater on my PC wouldn't let me hit next until I hit the Hotsync button, but my treo was in the middle of a sync and wouldn't respond to the button presses. I hit cancel on the PC to try starting over. When I did that the hotsync initated and the phone updated itself even though I cancelled the PC app. I guess the treo got what it needed, becauser everything is working great now. I got 5ish megs back and it does seem to work faster. No resets and voice quality does seem improved.

Any reason to rerun the updater?

Mike
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjphilpot
    My updated worked great, and I got some memory back, but mNotes seems to be busted. Maybe it's just me, but I have a note into support at CommonTime looking into it. After one or two attempts a sync, my phone goes into a reset loop. If you have mNotes, I'd hold off until this gets clarified.
    Tjphilpot... any word back from CommonTime about the mNotes problem?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Had a bit of trouble with my upgrade. Apparently, BackupBuddy backed up all the updater files during the first sync and then put them back on the 650 during the second.
    Man, I wish I would have read this post before I did the update at home where I have BackupBuddy installed. When it came time to load everything back my unit went in to an endless loop of resets. I did a hard reset and brought the Treo in to work where I was able to sync with my computer there and it wrote all of the "good" files I needed to make it work again. I came home tonight, uninstalled BackupBuddy and had the Treo overwrite my home computer and now everything works fine. I love the update, I "gained" about 9M. I have a lot of contact and calender entries so I'm sure that was eating up a lot of space. Haven't used the phone a whole lot but what little I have used it seems to have made a big improvement. Now all Palm has to do is fix the DUN and I'll be a completely happy camper.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)
    no probelm with the update; gained 6 megs, could not really tell the difference with voice (did not have a problem before either). We'll see if it is more stable.....
    In the process - about 1 hr, still not done. Looping reset. I know I had more then 11 Mb free, but was burnt anyway. Oh well.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    wow - finally finished (guess I should have waited formy prior[post- oh well).

Gained about 6mb - Nice. We'll see how it goes tomarrow - if alls well I'll be returning to the "Amazing" thread to show support.

Keep it comin everyone.. This was a very helpfull thread.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    With a 5,500 record address DB and 7,500 DateBook DB Looks like I got about 14 Megs of Memory back! Awesome! I'm glad PalmOne finally got at least this part right. For those who said there wasn't a problem... I guess my imaginary problem got fixed... LOL
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The first hotsync got stuck updating memos. Had to cancel, shut down the hotsync manager, reopen and resync. All worked fine. 5+meg new mem available. KBlights working fine. Very happy now.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    As if we really need one more....
    Here's my 2 pesos..I followed the instructions on sprints website to a T. It worked perfectly. It took about 8-10 minutes total. Volume is louder in general..especially on bluetooth devices. Gained about 5megs....No problems at all.It's been about 24hours.Way to go sprint.

I may have posted this on another thread late last night..I am tired...Treo time is chipping away at my sleep time..must sleep...must....sleep..must not...read..not read..treo..forums...stop....................